A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Forever_ambivalent

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

SpunkySix wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:I masterbated
:D
Lust is an emotional reaction isn't it?

But in all seriousness most of KS was quite emotional in one way or another so I had a lot of emotional reactions.
I didn't see anybody post about how they started fapping furiously out of lust so I decided to post something new.
It's weird, but even after... using all three scenes, they were still just normal scenes to me. They still got an emotion reaction and they flowed well with everything else, so being H seems like a minor detail more than a deal maker.
I don't think sex can be ever be a minor detail in a relationship lol.
But the sex scenes generally feel very natural and make sense ( save for hanako's and Emi's first sex scenes) in the relationship Hisao has with the girls. It simply flows with the story and it feels as though hisao and the girls are just presenting their love for each other.
Although that's only on a general level. The sex scenes differ a lot between each character so I'd rather not generalize too much. Sometimes the sex scenes can show very important things or change the entire relationship between the cast.
Basically KS used it's H-scenes well and the shouldn't be considered a minor thing.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Anyone here played KS without the H-scenes? Did it affect the progression of the story and the perception of the relationship in any way?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SWEvikingSWE

Post by SWEvikingSWE »

When i played KS for the first time (EMI'S ROUTE) I got extremely depressed for days, but also happy about the ending.

On my second play through (HANAKO'S ROUTE) the end gave me a few tears. when she sat on the ground crying and Haiso gave her a hug.

After that, I was told Lilly's route is one of the best. I went on a third play through. (LILLY'S ROUTE) Cried like a baby (didn't scream of sadness though) but tears ran down my cheek, I'm still depressed but just a little. (been 4 days since i finished her route) When I found out that Lilly was going away to Scotland i cried. When he ran after her and got a heart attack i cried. When she came back and they lived happily ever after i cried in tears of enjoyment and happiness. and now im reading on the forums xD.

best VN i've ever played <3
Check out my hand drawn Lilly ^^ http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9834
Also check out my portrait of Hanako! http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t ... 94#p211094

Favorite Quote: "To ask why we fight Is to ask why the leaves falls"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Anyone here played KS without the H-scenes? Did it affect the progression of the story and the perception of the relationship in any way?
Innocent female friend of mine played through without the adult content on. Said she was aware of the goings on inside the shed, but the scene itself didn't actually happen. Didn't bring the subject further, but I don't think it changed it for her all that much.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

SWEvikingSWE wrote:When i played KS for the first time (EMI'S ROUTE) I got extremely depressed for days, but also happy about the ending.

On my second play through (HANAKO'S ROUTE) the end gave me a few tears. when she sat on the ground crying and Haiso gave her a hug.

After that, I was told Lilly's route is one of the best. I went on a third play through. (LILLY'S ROUTE) Cried like a baby (didn't scream of sadness though) but tears ran down my cheek, I'm still depressed but just a little. (been 4 days since i finished her route) When I found out that Lilly was going away to Scotland i cried. When he ran after her and got a heart attack i cried. When she came back and they lived happily ever after i cried in tears of enjoyment and happiness. and now im reading on the forums xD.

best VN i've ever played <3
Emi was my first as well. I got depressed yes, but happy for the ending.

I broke down one that exact spot when I was doing Hanako's. And also earlier when she showed us her scars.
I haven't done Lily's, but I'm getting scared.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

LordMarluxia wrote: I haven't done Lily's, but I'm getting scared.
ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

Joking aside, it does have some of the same heavy-hitting as Hanako's route, but also some of the highs of Emi's, unlike Hanako's. Of course, that may just because I cared about her more. So, all together, you should play it once you're a little recovered from KS for mental stability.

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I don't think sex can be ever be a minor detail in a relationship lol.
Through this forum I've already found that I'm an extreme minority with that, so you might want to take my comment with a few grains of salt.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Anyone here played KS without the H-scenes? Did it affect the progression of the story and the perception of the relationship in any way?
Having turned on the censor just to see how it functioned, I would say that yes, it did. The h-scenes are somewhat important to characterization and staring at a photo of grilled shrimp during Hanako's scene severely ruins the intended feeling of that scene by making it hilarious.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Having turned on the censor just to see how it functioned, I would say that yes, it did. The h-scenes are somewhat important to characterization and staring at a photo of grilled shrimp during Hanako's scene severely ruins the intended feeling of that scene by making it hilarious.
That's the worst thing ever.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I'd like to imagine that's been scarred into someone's psyche somewhere. Imagine that explanation.

"Well, whenever we have sex, I see grilled shrimp."

or, even better, they get an erection whenever they see shrimp.

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Broomhead wrote:I'd like to imagine that's been scarred into someone's psyche somewhere. Imagine that explanation.

Grilled shrimp ? I don't dare ask in wich route...
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:
Broomhead wrote:I'd like to imagine that's been scarred into someone's psyche somewhere. Imagine that explanation.

Grilled shrimp ? I don't dare ask in wich route...
The censors take the form of random images, including mangos. The placement of images is completely randomized but it has occurred sometimes that Hanako's h-scene is censored by a picture of grilled shrimp. And her being the burned girl, it's hilarious.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I think I need to play this then, just for the sheer shits and giggles. However, if a grilled crustacean comes up in my brain when I'm actually doing it, I am gonna be PISSED. And hungry.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I think I need to play this then, just for the sheer shits and giggles. However, if a grilled crustacean comes up in my brain when I'm actually doing it, I am gonna be PISSED. And hungry.
Praying Mantis Style?

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote: ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

Joking aside, it does have some of the same heavy-hitting as Hanako's route, but also some of the highs of Emi's, unlike Hanako's. Of course, that may just because I cared about her more. So, all together, you should play it once you're a little recovered from KS for mental stability.
Oh I'm much better now my friend, truly.
The problem with Hanako is that I see too much of myself in her and it hurts to be faced with painful memories this way.

It's like the story beats the shit out of your armor, then takes it off and kicks you the bloody nuts, no mercy is given.

While I've grown to like Lilly over Hanako's route I can't see much of me in her. So, if her story is good, I'll get emotional again. But probably not as much as I did with Hanako's.

Which reminds me. Since I started it I might as well finish it, right?

Life After Hanako . Day 4
(yesterday)

I thought I was doing pretty good throughout the whole day. I didn't listen to the OST once (I didn't have time to sit down long enough to do it) and while I was frequently thinking about KS and Hanako and my past, I never had my heart feeling squeezed once, nor did I felt the need to cry. I decided to go and meet up with the girl after work and go to the beach (yes, at 7pm). It was going pretty okay, until she decided it was a good idea to go and check the sunset that a bar nearby was having.

I knew it was a bad idea. Emotionally weakened like I was, I knew that being around hundreds of other people in a setting completely foreign to me, with literally no personal space whatsoever, was just asking me to retract to myself, shaking and cowering in fear, like I used to do when I was a kid. I held out for about 15 minutes, then I think I was squeazing my gin glass with a little to much force because it shattered in my hand, leaving my hand with a few deep cuts. I begged her to go away and she agreed to go for a walk, knowing full well a walk meant "let's go back to the car and get the hell out of this place". She didn't ask anything, just held my hand tightly.
When we reached the car, I cleaned my hand and we spoke for a bit. About what happened, about why I have been distant and depressed. And I told her, about a lot of things that she didn't know. About my childhood, about my anxiety attacks (or whatever the hell those were), about I hid my fears and anxieties, about the roundabout way I came up to be able to talk normally and deal with people. I cried, I told her how this game touched me like it did.

I understood that typing about these things on the internet is very different than actually talking about them in person. Specially to a person you love, someone who helped you get through your insecurities and problems. We talked a bit more what had happened at the sunset party, then it got late, I took her home and drove to my place. I was feeling alot better after crying and talking about it. It definitely helped. I even wrote a review for KS, it is in Portuguese so I doubt any of you will read it.
I went to bed a bit more optimistic.

Life After Hanako . Day 5
(Today, the final chapter)

Everything went on as usual. I listening to the OST and managed to endure Painful History, Jitter, Raindrops and Puddles without flinching or tearing up like a little bitch. Of course, over the course of my day I still thought about KS but it didn't bother me much. It definitely left me a lot more aware of who I am, and who I was.
I'm emotionally strong now to put my mask on, so talking to co-working and sometimes a little goofing around was possible.

Recovery pretty much complete, so today I'm taking on Shinzune's path. I'm a little concerned Lily's will hit me pretty bad but I'll manage it.
The End... for now.

Thanks to anyone who read all these walls of text. This little diary I made made me feel better no doubt.
I don't think I'll have to make more of these for the rest of the girls, but I was told Rin has the saddest story. We'll see.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."