Types of emotional reactions to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

300BillionDegrees

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

I wouldn't say that Hisao doesn't have a lot of feelings for Rin when she's at the door, it's that his brain has tossed up a wall to stop him from feeling anything, since it would hurt so much. He cares, he knows he loves her, but he's blocking his own emotions even if he doesn't realize it.

Emi was there to help her in the morning, but she left afterward. That's beside the point though, since we saw that Rin probably could dress herself if need be in the atelier. It would just take a little longer I imagine. I don't get the feeling Rin takes pride in anything really though.

Asking him to help her with her clothes was just a little white lie, an excuse to get him in position to make a move on her or vice-versa. Like when a girl in school would casually mention that her parents weren't home that afternoon, and you should come over to help her study. Just a bit more direct, I suppose. She had to initiate things with him because he was too much of a nice (or scared) guy to initiate anything, and she knew that even though he would want to do more, he would dry her off properly and dress her again if she didn't push him a little.

She doesn't want to love him, because she's afraid that loving someone, being that close to someone, will change her. She's afraid of change, of maybe losing her freedom perhaps, but she's also desperately lonely, and hurting, and she does love him. Maybe he can never truly understand her, maybe nobody ever can, but he has been closer to her than anyone ever has before. She went wandering in the rain probably just to walk around and think. She did say she thought she needed to change while they were going back to the dorms the previous night, and while walking around she probably decided she would go to him and change their relationship right then, before she changed her mind. Maybe she also worried that he would drift away, or that she would miss the chance and lose him if he left for vacation, but maybe she never thought about that at all.

Well that is a little rambley and imperfect, but it was hard to write because I ended up going back and doing the Rin route again to check stuff. Of course that meant getting sucked into it all over again. Now I need a drink. Or maybe some chocolate ice cream. Or both Image
Suspect8

Post by Suspect8 »

I'll make it short but I might edit it soon though.

I think I got attached to Lilly the most. After the end of her route which was luckily happy I didn't feel anything by the time I went to bed. I'm rather shy person and I hardly ever am able to express my emotions but when I tried to fall asleep I just couldn't. I still had Lilly and her story on my mind. You can call me whatever you want but when I realized I won't be able to meet a person like her through my whole life I bursted into tears... I finished it 2 days ago and if I wasn't used to the feeling of depression I think I wouldn't be able to function properly. The think that made me like her the most was that she was able to live happily despite her blindness while I get depressed even twice or three times a month even though I don't any family or school problems. I'm aware it's only a virtual character but I'm sure you guys know how I feel about it. As I said I get depressed a lot because of different reasons but now I'm just having suicidal tendencies. It should work inversly but that's just how I am, it happened before already so you don't have to worry about me (Taking into account that anyone would)... I know how it all sound stupid but I can't control my feelings this way.
I'm bad at English and writing itself but I suppose You'll understand.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Suspect8 wrote:I won't be able to meet a person like her through my whole life
Not true. You will meet someone just as great. Just keep yourself out there and open to it.
I get depressed a lot because of different reasons but now I'm just having suicidal tendencies
Get help. Seriously. Depression is nothing to sneeze at, and it's not a moral failing either. Sounds like yours may be a medical condition like any other.

Be well!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Atario is correct, depression isn't always caused by things that happen in your life (although it almost always feels that way)

I was depressed to the point of suicide last year and I finally broke down and went to see a doctor about it. They can help more than you think, but honestly, the best thing you can do is to be physically and socially active. (At least as socially active as you feel comfortable with)

But I disagree with Atario on the idea of meeting someone like Lilly, Emi, Hanako, Shizune, or Rin in real life. There's a reason it's called fiction.

All that being said...

I think KS has the ability to put just about anyone who isn't emotionally withdrawn or stunted through the full range of emotions. There were several parts where I was angry, a bunch of times when I was really confused, a few times I was super depressed, and that's just what I remember. With the exception of Hanako and Lilly I haven't played the other routes more than once, and that was over a year ago. (Trying to make my replays count, don't want to have the whole VN memorized just yet)