Types of emotional reactions to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by Zarys »

ogorhan wrote:Well you can like both girls no? :lol:

I like Lilly & Hanako's route for different reasons aswell. Lilly's because of the (bit cliché but) excellent love story and Hanako because of the emotional rollercoaster feeling it gave me during it.
It is adultery or polygamy.
Even if Lilly and Hanako would not be ok with a threesome. (maybe somewhere in their subconscious, they would like it, but they will never admit)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Zarys wrote:
It is adultery or polygamy
It's neither, none of them are married. If all of them were down with it being a three way relationship, it's polyamory.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

metalangel wrote: It's neither, none of them are married. If all of them were down with it being a three way relationship, it's polyamory.
I read "polyamory" as "polyarmory" and thought: there's a whole new term for the waifu wars.

Anyway, there's a fanfic that features Hisao/Lilly/Hanako polyamory...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:I read "polyamory" as "polyarmory" and thought: there's a whole new term for the waifu wars.

That doesn't need to be in spoilers. I think everyone who knows about smut/lemons would've guessed it existed.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Broomhead wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:I read "polyamory" as "polyarmory" and thought: there's a whole new term for the waifu wars.

That doesn't need to be in spoilers. I think everyone who knows about smut/lemons would've guessed it existed.
Most KS fics aren't smut though :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Broomhead wrote:That doesn't need to be in spoilers. I think everyone who knows about smut/lemons would've guessed it existed.
Actually, you have to go to the author's pastebin site to get to the lemony parts... The story leading up to the lemonade is actually pretty good, IMHO, YMMV, and all that. The lemonade, not so much. :|

Anyways... To the subject of my emotional reaction to KS. I didn't cry, nor did I become depressed. However, there's something about the KS story that just sticks to the back of my mind like a little blue butterfly...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Life After Hanako . Day 3
(that was yesterday)

Woke up drenched in sweat again. Took a fast shower and took my dog out for the morning walk. All the while I felt my heart being squeezed mercilessly, my stomach feeling like I was punched repeatedly. I thought that this day, that was supposed to be good or even great, will turn out miserable like the past couple of days.

I managed to control myself of the way to work and listened to the regional classical music radio station instead of popping my USB drive and listening to the OST again.
The day at office was slow, something I didn't expect. I caught glimpses of some of my co-workers looking at me when I was supposed to be focused. Again I resisted the temptation to listen to the OST again. Instead I settled with some the GazettE playlist, followed by some Ted Weems.

Somehow at lunch, I felt a bit lighter. My heart wasn't being squeezed anymore, my stomach was fine and I was able to eat (I haven't eaten much since Sunday).
I remember that I should be happy, for her and for me, after all, 4 years of love is something! We already celebrated on the weekend but I decided to out after work and get some flowers for her. Turns out the florist died a week before, so no flowers. Everything else was already closed. After 1 hour in traffic, I meet with her I go for a walk, check a wine party nearby, eat ice cream, she gives me Haruki Murakami's Sleep and I take her home. We start taking pictures in the area surrounding her house. And that's it starts coming back. It took me a while to realize it was because the music on the USB drive looped and it reached the OST again. She asks me what's wrong, we talk about it for a little while but it was getting late and she had to go.

That night, while I was a bit better then I was that morning, I was still feeling lost. Then a kind user here pointed me to the Sisterhood fanfiction.
It managed to sooth me (I'm still in chapter 8 though) like nothing could before. The squeezing stopped, the sweating calmed down and I was able to go to get and rest.

Life After Hanako . Day 4
(today)

Woke up, no sweat. I was still thinking about it for a while. Listened to the same classical radio station on my way to work. Another slow day.
For some reason, one of my male co-workers came to talk to me, asking me what was wrong. He said the female co-workers were worried that something bad had happened because it was the third day I came to work looking miserable. I told I was fine but thanked him for worrying.

My heart wasn't being squeezed anymore. I decided to try and listen to the OST today while working.
It felt good, but sad at the same time. Some tracks that I enjoyed now gave a feeling of nostalgia. I wondered why, and I came to the realization that it was because I'll never play KS for the first time again. Is anyone here sad for this particular reason? I'm an hardcore gamer, I play a variety of genres but I am not sad that I'll never play Persona 4 (my favourite game) and Final Fantasy X for the first time ever again... I don't know how to describe this.

Tracks like Fripperies and Everyday Fantasy sent shivers down my spine for the first time. I skipped Raindrops and Puddles because I knew what was going to happen. Did the same with Painful History. Then Concord came and I became emotional again. I didn't know why! I haven't played Lily's route yet!! Parity managed to cheer me up!
I got off work on time because from all the new guys there, I'm the King of Get-Shit-Done.

Thought about KS all the way back to my town. Picked up girlfriend and spend some time with her. Managed to not think about KS for a while. Then I took her home.
Came back and wrote all this shit. I think I'm ready to go after Shizune tomorrow, as long as Hanako doesn't appear too many times.

Thanks for reading! Cheers!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
owan

Post by owan »

I can't believe I've gotten so into this game I feel the need to ramble to strangers on a forum like this for a game like this, but if you can't do it on the internet then where can you do it?

I first saw KS mentioned in passing somewhere on reddit, being described as something like "you hit on disabled girls and have sex with them." I kind of lol'd and had to check it out for myself, maybe I could get a decent fap out of it and call it a day... Wrong. wrong on so many levels. I started playing it while I was taking a week off from work, had never touched a VN before, and still found myself spending hours and hours completely absorbed in it. Did Emi, Hanako, Lilly, now about to finish off Shizune (all good endings) and have found myself just riding an emotional rollercoaster in a way that I never thought possible. I was laughing, practically yelling at my screen when hisao was being a complete moron, and yes... crying at times, either out of happiness or because of the gut-wrenchingly sad moments that all of these characters seem to have. God the writing was so painful at times, but it was so painful precisely because I was becoming so attached to all the characters. The music has been stuck in my head for days and I feel emotionally drained. I think I've been a bit depressed lately and honestly, I don't think this game has helped that, but its been such a powerful experience its hard to believe I wouldn't do it all over again if I could. I agree with what Lord Marluxia posted above me, I think part of me is so sad about this game because I'll never play it for the first time again... I know the story now and all thats left is to go back and make different decisions just to see all the arcs fall apart, I don't know if I really want to do that right now.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Owan: Welcome to the fold. Your armory is on the left, and tissues are on the right.

Like you said, if you can't do it on the internet where can you? Look at most of my posts, you'll see that it's all fairly open-heart, so don't worry about sobbing on us. (We're already soaked. Some of us 100% the game, so tears are our bathing water.) The game does have powerful writing doesn't it? Most of us (aside from CoffeeDrive, the heartless sot :lol: ) have gone through a particular version of what you are now, so feel free to come for support and questions.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Go back and get the bad endings (and the neutral endings for those that have them). They might be a bit painful, but it's interesting to see the other side of the characters you've grown to care so much about.

Also, in case you haven't found it, there's an ending for Act1 if you don't get the attention of any of the girls. I won't spoil it for you.
Not Dead Yet
owan

Post by owan »

Broomhead wrote:Owan: Welcome to the fold. Your armory is on the left, and tissues are on the right.

Like you said, if you can't do it on the internet where can you? Look at most of my posts, you'll see that it's all fairly open-heart, so don't worry about sobbing on us. (We're already soaked. Some of us 100% the game, so tears are our bathing water.) The game does have powerful writing doesn't it? Most of us (aside from CoffeeDrive, the heartless sot :lol: ) have gone through a particular version of what you are now, so feel free to come for support and questions.
Thanks, I just figured I had to get it off my chest in order to get over it. Its nice to see that my reaction to this game isn't weird (well, relatively speaking ;))
Oddball wrote:Go back and get the bad endings (and the neutral endings for those that have them). They might be a bit painful, but it's interesting to see the other side of the characters you've grown to care so much about.

Also, in case you haven't found it, there's an ending for Act1 if you don't get the attention of any of the girls. I won't spoil it for you.
Yea, I'm vaguely aware of the ultimate bad ending, but I haven't gotten there yet. I'm sure I will go back and replay the bad endings soon as well, once I finish all the goods and take a step back
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I masterbated
:D
Lust is an emotional reaction isn't it?

But in all seriousness most of KS was quite emotional in one way or another so I had a lot of emotional reactions.
I didn't see anybody post about how they started fapping furiously out of lust so I decided to post something new.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:they started fapping furiously out of lust
I tried. :lol: A lot of it's just not as fappable as anticipated.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I masterbated
:D
Lust is an emotional reaction isn't it?

But in all seriousness most of KS was quite emotional in one way or another so I had a lot of emotional reactions.
I didn't see anybody post about how they started fapping furiously out of lust so I decided to post something new.
It's weird, but even after... using all three scenes, they were still just normal scenes to me. They still got an emotion reaction and they flowed well with everything else, so being H seems like a minor detail more than a deal maker.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

Potato wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:they started fapping furiously out of lust
I tried. :lol: A lot of it's just not as fappable as anticipated.
If you believe in yourself you can do anything. 8)

Full Disclosure: I have not attempted it myself, and I don't feel inclined to do so at this juncture. I don't judge, though.
Last edited by d2r on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?