Types of emotional reactions to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by brythain »

Replaying Lilly's route, just before Hisao went to sleep after 'Paint By Numbers', he had this thought: "Emi won't care either way, I bet (as to whether I go for a run or not)." I felt sad for a while there.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:Replaying Lilly's route, just before Hisao went to sleep after 'Paint By Numbers', he had this thought: "Emi won't care either way, I bet (as to whether I go for a run or not)." I felt sad for a while there.
Yeah, that line... makes me salty.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:
brythain wrote:Replaying Lilly's route, just before Hisao went to sleep after 'Paint By Numbers', he had this thought: "Emi won't care either way, I bet (as to whether I go for a run or not)." I felt sad for a while there.
Yeah, that line... makes me salty.
Add some vanilla, it makes it sweeter.

IE go play emis route.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

She probably won't. It's not like they ever connected in Lilly's route.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:
She probably won't. It's not like they ever connected in Lilly's route.
But they do have some connection; after all, she prepares lunch for herself, Hisao and Rin on the roof later in that route.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

Hey. this is my first post but since I'm not one for lengthy introductions I'll get right to the point.

I recently played KS and am still going through depression, though not the same depression I felt when I first played the game.
I didn't cry while playing the game, though some scenes did get me close. It took me more or less a week to recover from the trademark KS depression. Then I was fine for about a week or so (although I did constantly think about the game). Then phase 2 happened, I started missing the game terribly; Almost anything would remind me of KS and I would feel sad over all the good times that I felt I wouldn't get back. Now these feelings were greatly amplified because I had resigned from my old job early to give myself a break before my second job. So my new job starts in a week and I am feeling conflicted; On one hand, I am confident that once I start my new job things will return to normal and the depression will wear off, on the other, I feel bad because I don't want to forget KS like it never happened, because it was an amazing game with great characters and I don't think they deserve that :P. So I decided to post my documented feels trip from start to finish (though not extremely detailed, cos I don't wanna make this post too long.). I hope posting it here will help me get a load off my shoulders.

P.S. I am not sure if this is related to the post but, I remembered Hanako mentioning somewhere in her route that she liked to sing. So I ask, what kind of cruel monster wrote that line in the game but never let us see it happen? D:
No one picked the username Jellyfish? Seriously? Ok..
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Hello and welcome to the forums Jelly!
Always nice to see a new face 'round here.

Yeah, KS depression strikes a lot of people in different ways. I was actually walking on campus this week when I heard a tune similar to "Painful Memories" and picked up my pace to avoid breaking on the spot.

It's good to hear you're optimistic about it though. It'll mean a quicker recovery. And I doubt you'll ever truly forget KS. I mean, now you're talking to us. We're just such a cute and broken community that we'll sit on you until you stay. The negative effects may fade over the years (Here's hoping) but the lessons and the warm fuzzys will stay for longer if you keep em.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

Ah Hanako, my favourite character and second favourite route. I remember how bad i felt when her route ended, I think if I hadn't read sisterhood I might not have made it haha.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome Broomhead. I feel better knowing I am not the only one who got to experience this game xD
No one picked the username Jellyfish? Seriously? Ok..
Popo

Post by Popo »

Though I had people around me who cared about me, I always held a certain loneliness. I felt like people didn't really understand me, but I identified with the characters and situations in KS. A whole school of people probably thinking that. Each route showed me something about that mindset. The characters resonated with me in some ways. I thought of Hisao as ironically lucky in some ways; each route led to a lovely girl, friendships, and better understanding about himself. It was nice to see people like that, situations like that. Hope from a sad place. I had a bad experience with school, so as the KS writers said, finishing that story was kinda like graduation day.
Every day is a miracle.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Popo wrote:-shnip-
You want to know the secret to Hisao's success with females despite his complete social retardedness?

dat swagvest
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Popo wrote:-shnip-
You want to know the secret to Hisao's success with females despite his complete social retardedness?

dat swagvest
Its SWAGGERVEST you amateur.

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Holy shit mate!

We got Lucifer's Call fans, normal fans with depressions, and we even have a SWAGGERVEST!
I've been away for too long. Far too long.
CoffeeDrive wrote:Add some vanilla, it makes it sweeter.

IE go play emis route.
This made my day.
Also, I don't remember that particular scene...
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

LordMarluxia wrote:Holy shit mate!

We got Lucifer's Call fans, normal fans with depressions, and we even have a SWAGGERVEST!
I've been away for too long. Far too long.
Its been swaggervest for as long as I can remember, incl when I knew about but did not play ks.

"The protag has a swaggervest" - 4chan 2009
LordMarluxia wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote: Add some vanilla, it makes it sweeter.

IE go play emis route.

This made my day.
Also, I don't remember that particular scene...
That's because its from toradora, not ks :P

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Emotional reactions? Yes, quite a few.

KS makes me laugh when Rin says hilariously weird things, when Emi and Hisao pillow-fight and when MIsha does... Misha stuff.

KS makes me rage when Rin shuts out Hisao, when I blunder in the Hanako route and Hisao later refuses to respond to my choice, and when I remember that Lilly got a route and MIsha didn't.

KS makes me smile when Hanako confesses about doing the same tile-walking game I played as a kid, when Rin is high as fuck on codeine, and every damn time Misha shows up on screen.

KS makes me anxious when Emi pulls rape faces, Kenji is naked, and when I realize that this thread should probably be moved to the Feelz Bazar.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

someguy1294 wrote:Emi pulls rape faces
I thought that was her angry face...There probably should have been two different faces in retrospect. It always just made me confused...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."