Kenji

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Kenji

Post by Steinherz »

SpunkySix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
AliFrey wrote:Feminists suck. They don't get married and their blood line ends. Yaaay :lol:
Also, what the mother of fuck are you talking about??
Not entirely sure, but I will say my opinion on feminists varies greatly depending on which form of feminism you're talking about. If you're referring to actual feminists, as in the ones who are basically just egalitarian, then they're cool. If you're talking about the ones that want revenge and privileges just because they happen to have vaginas, then they aren't so cool.
This.
There is a term for them.
Femnazis.

And I sincerely wish that someone would make it so that there can be a convention of all the femnazis in one place.... and then we drop a bunker-buster/earthquake bomb on it.
And then Napalm it, just to make sure.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

I personally choose to believe that Kenji is just messing with Hisao. He just keeps getting more outrageous to see how far he can push the dopey new kid before he calls him on it, and Hisao keeps taking him seriously. Most of what he says almost seems as if it's made up on the spot, and it makes what I otherwise found to be very grating scenes absolutely hilarious.

I don't think it's what the writers intended but there's nothing in the text to contradict it so I'm sticking with it.

Apart from that he's just a (mostly) blind kid.
Potato

Post by Potato »

AussieInquisitor wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Did you even play the game??
AliFrey wrote:Feminists suck. They don't get married and their blood line ends. Yaaay :lol:
Also, what the mother of fuck are you talking about??
Uh oh, we've got a Kenji on our hands, folks. *bolts*
Aside from agreeing with "Feminists suck.", I have no idea what he's on about...Bloodlines, marriages...What...This isn't Crusader Kings.

@ksfan: If he's just messing with Hisao, why is he just as weird when Hisao's not around? He built a room fort, stole a bunch of crypto-whatever books from the library...:lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I believe he's saying that these sorts of feminists don't get married because they hate men, so they don't pass on their genes.

Appropriate, given the topic.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:I believe he's saying that these sorts of feminists don't get married because they hate men, so they don't pass on their genes.

Appropriate, given the topic.
Oh, well...That's silly.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Potato wrote:@ksfan: If he's just messing with Hisao, why is he just as weird when Hisao's not around? He built a room fort, stole a bunch of crypto-whatever books from the library...:lol:
He tells Hisao he built a room fort. Hisao never sees it. Nor does anyone else to my knowledge.

He also dated Yuuko, so that probably makes library trips a bit awkward for him. Perhaps he just "borrows" books from the library without officially checking them out to avoid her.

It's notable that nobody else says anything about Kenji being weird. When we see him in class early in Hanako's route he acts much more normal. He passes this off to Hisao as "going undercover." Apart from that he says some crazy things when Shizune (and only Shizune, not Misha) is around, but since she's deaf he can say whatever he wants without making her think he's crazy.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:
Potato wrote:@ksfan: If he's just messing with Hisao, why is he just as weird when Hisao's not around? He built a room fort, stole a bunch of crypto-whatever books from the library...:lol:
He tells Hisao he built a room fort. Hisao never sees it. Nor does anyone else to my knowledge.

He also dated Yuuko, so that probably makes library trips a bit awkward for him. Perhaps he just "borrows" books from the library without officially checking them out to avoid her.

It's notable that nobody else says anything about Kenji being weird. When we see him in class early in Hanako's route he acts much more normal. He passes this off to Hisao as "going undercover." Apart from that he says some crazy things when Shizune (and only Shizune, not Misha) is around, but since she's deaf he can say whatever he wants without making her think he's crazy.
He manages to weird Rin out. Which... says something.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

I still say the whole feminist/egalitarian name thing is stupid, call them what you will, but there will always be people who want to make sure half the population isn't mistreated, and crazy people who want to enslave the other half as revenge, and the crazies will never be more than a very loud minority. Feminism is good, crazy people wanting to enslave the male population calling themselves feminists are bad, and changing the name won't make them shut up.

On Kenji just messing with Hisao, it's not impossible, but it would still take a kind of crazy to keep up the act for months. And while there is no proof he really does all this stuff, there is equally little proof that, at least in the Katawa Shoujo universe, there really is a feminist plot to take over the world, and he is the only one that can stop it.

As for feminazis not passing on their feminazi genes, if ideology was hereditary, we would all still be ruled by our local village elder.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

FelOnyx wrote:As for feminazis not passing on their feminazi genes, if ideology was hereditary, we would all still be ruled by our local village elder.
Psychotic tendencies however, are genetic. :lol:

Also, it's not the genes. If a femnazi has children, then they'll raise them to have their mother's viewpoint.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote:
He manages to weird Rin out. Which... says something.
*psssst* the guy tries too hard to cover up for Kenji...don't....don't you think HEEE might be Kenji?! i mean he wants to cover his tracks so feminists wouldn't find him
brythain

Post by brythain »

FelOnyx wrote:On Kenji just messing with Hisao, it's not impossible, but it would still take a kind of crazy to keep up the act for months. And while there is no proof he really does all this stuff, there is equally little proof that, at least in the Katawa Shoujo universe, there really is a feminist plot to take over the world, and he is the only one that can stop it.
But he doesn't keep it up for months. He just dispenses a little joy to Hisao once in a while. :)
Most of it happens in the first week, this incredible rant on Tuesday looks like a test run...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Doesn't he keep it up while he's drunk? I mean... damn, that's some discipline if he is just screwing with Hisao.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Kenji only seems to act like a crazy paranoid conspiracy maniac for fun. I think it's something similar to clever people acting stupid for fun (around their friends of course).
It's not that uncommon for people to act crazy or stupid (despite being normal or clever) around their friends for fun.
Kenji actually seems to be a decent person. He was quite nice to Lilly when she fell and there are other occasions when he acts in such a gentlemanly fashion.
The only strange thing I found was that Kenji acted in such a fashion towards Hisao before he even knew him. Maybe he was just trying to tease the new guy?
I think Kenji was actually trying to help Hisao out with his silliness. It seems to work occasionally as well. Kenji is probably a normal guy who likes to act silly for the heck of it.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh deeeeeeevs, come out, come out, wherever you are. We have a head canon for you to unemotionally crush!
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:Oh deeeeeeevs, come out, come out, wherever you are. We have a head canon for you to unemotionally crush!
Wait wait don't do it yet, I have yet to fire my own canon:)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)