JUST a disccusion on what KS merchendise you would've liked

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: JUST a disccusion on what KS merchendise you would've li

Post by SpunkySix »

If they had a guy version of Emi's shoes, that'd be amazing.

BUT what would be even better is a Yamaku track jacket signed by Emi and Miki.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:If they had a guy version of Emi's shoes, that'd be amazing.

Is there any art of those jackets? I'm very powerfully resisting the urge to edit one of my many running jackets.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:

Is there any art of those jackets? I'm very powerfully resisting the urge to edit one of my many running jackets.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/ ... 5o8zdi.png

There's this, but it's only signed by Miki, and doesn't strike me as much of an actual track jacket. The material is wrong. Still kind of cool though.
Atario

Post by Atario »

You mean her non-sports ones? I was thinking running shoes, just with an Emi theme somehow.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
You mean her non-sports ones? I was thinking running shoes, just with an Emi theme somehow.
Both would be cool.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

k so double post, but this is kind of a big deal.

This is verging on fantasy, (even though technically it is possible) but since it's a hypothetical anyway, I thought I'd share it:

It's a treadmill with a screen attached to it that has the KS heart logo on its frame. As you run faster, the track on the screen blurs more and more like it does in the VN. Then, from time to time, Emi pops in with advice and encouragement, bouncing up and down like the track scenes on her route. If you've programmed in a specific run or set of runs, she'll respond at the end of each workout with an evaluation and tips for improvement based on your specified experience level and goals. You can even challenge her to a race, once you've gotten fast enough, and she'll adjust to push you harder next time if you manage to beat her. For beginners, there'd be a FAQ section where you can ask her about how various aspects of running work over lunch on the roof, with Rin chiming in occasionally. Miki is also selectable for runs, and if you are walking, you can also choose between Rin, Lilly or Misha/Shizune, who will comment on the surroundings and make small talk-styled comments appropriate for their character throughout. In walk mode, a variety of routes are available depending on which character is picked, like walking into town, to the clearing in the fields, around campus or through the forest to the Worry Tree. The whole thing is voiced by the Seiyu cast.

Show of hands, who would be incredibly more in shape if this was a thing?
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote:k so double post, but this is kind of a big deal.

This is verging on fantasy, (even though technically it is possible) but since it's a hypothetical anyway, I thought I'd share it:

It's a treadmill with a screen attached to it that has the KS heart logo on its frame. As you run faster, the track on the screen blurs more and more like it does in the VN. Then, from time to time, Emi pops in with advice and encouragement, bouncing up and down like the track scenes on her route. If you've programmed in a specific run or set of runs, she'll respond at the end of each workout with an evaluation and tips for improvement based on your specified experience level and goals. You can even challenge her to a race, once you've gotten fast enough, and she'll adjust to push you harder next time if you manage to beat her. For beginners, there'd be a FAQ section where you can ask her about how various aspects of running work over lunch on the roof, with Rin chiming in occasionally. Miki is also selectable for runs, and if you are walking, you can also choose between Rin, Lilly or Misha/Shizune, who will comment on the surroundings and make small talk-styled comments appropriate for their character throughout. In walk mode, a variety of routes are available depending on which character is picked, like walking into town, to the clearing in the fields, around campus or through the forest to the Worry Tree. The whole thing is voiced by the Seiyu cast.

i'd love one <3 if it was real, i would run more than emi would :))) would also probably sleep walk on it:)) i would use oculus rift for the walking and scenery watching (tho walking straight forward on a treadmill with eyes blocked would be hard unless band had bigger lenght, but yeah would love one <3 would call it ..hmm..EmiRunotron, Lemon Edition for the Otaku in you! *wink* ;)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Kibaro wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:k so double post, but this is kind of a big deal.

i'd love one <3 if it was real, i would run more than emi would :))) would also probably sleep walk on it:)) i would use oculus rift for the walking and scenery watching (tho walking straight forward on a treadmill with eyes blocked would be hard unless band had bigger lenght, but yeah would love one <3 would call it ..hmm..EmiRunotron, Lemon Edition for the Otaku in you! *wink* ;)
The Oculus would be mind blowing with this. That's... that's genius, right there.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote: The Oculus would be mind blowing with this. That's... that's genius, right there.
problem is that oculus is made for staying in place while moving with a joystick/keyboard or whatever, if you walk with your eyes blocked you get nausea and lose balance :( but yeah it would be genius ^.^
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

a thought just came to me, and even if it's doesnt necesarily qualify as merchandise i think it would be cool.

a clean version of katawa shoujo without the H-scenes, for the disabled people so they can get more motivation and not feel useless for losing limbs, other disabilities or stuff like that. it's nothing fancy or hard to do i think, but wouldn't it be a nice thing for the disabled people? :)
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:Show of hands, who would be incredibly more in shape if this was a thing?
Heheh, probably so. I'd like to add: there's a mode where you spook Hanako, and she pulls an I'VEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING! and you chase after her. It's called "No, Wait, Come Back—!" mode. The whole time she's trying to apologize for running away while still running away. It's essentially a sprint. When you finally give up and hit the stop button, she disappears around a corner for a minute while you catch your breath. Then she comes back and asks if you're ok, looking a little embarrassed, and telling you how you did this time, and how she looks forward to the next "game".
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Atario wrote: Heheh, probably so. I'd like to add: there's a mode where you spook Hanako, and she pulls an I'VEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING! and you chase after her. It's called "No, Wait, Come Back—!" mode. The whole time she's trying to apologize for running away while still running away. It's essentially a sprint. When you finally give up and hit the stop button, she disappears around a corner for a minute while you catch your breath. Then she comes back and asks if you're ok, looking a little embarrassed, and telling you how you did this time, and how she looks forward to the next "game".
haha lol that would be so funny, also grats on your 666 comments WAHAHAHAAA~! :twisted:
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Show of hands, who would be incredibly more in shape if this was a thing?
Heheh, probably so. I'd like to add: there's a mode where you spook Hanako, and she pulls an I'VEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING! and you chase after her. It's called "No, Wait, Come Back—!" mode. The whole time she's trying to apologize for running away while still running away. It's essentially a sprint. When you finally give up and hit the stop button, she disappears around a corner for a minute while you catch your breath. Then she comes back and asks if you're ok, looking a little embarrassed, and telling you how you did this time, and how she looks forward to the next "game".
That sounds like it would cause heart attacks, and not from the running part.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:problem is that oculus is made for staying in place while moving with a joystick/keyboard or whatever, if you walk with your eyes blocked you get nausea and lose balance :( but yeah it would be genius ^.^
These people seem to move fine with it...

Anyway, Spunky, YOU'RE A GODDAMN GENIUS!

Atario: YOU'RE A GODDAMN GENIUS TOO!

Kibaro: Ehh. KS already makes a case for disabled people not letting their conditions drag them down. So that already exists.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Kibaro wrote:a thought just came to me, and even if it's doesnt necesarily qualify as merchandise i think it would be cool.

a clean version of katawa shoujo without the H-scenes, for the disabled people so they can get more motivation and not feel useless for losing limbs, other disabilities or stuff like that. it's nothing fancy or hard to do i think, but wouldn't it be a nice thing for the disabled people? :)
That is pretty fancy and hard to do. GL trying to transcribe this game into Braille. How would you get a deaf person to feel the emotion from the music?
It's pretty darn difficult :( It would be nice though.