Other love stories you read before Katawa Shoujo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Other love stories you read before Katawa Shoujo

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I guess some people like shit though. Especially in the modern world :?
Because people totally didn't like shit in the past. Nope, liking shit is absolutely a modern thing. No, really, it is. Really.

:roll:

As to the topic, I read Twilight once (because I'm out of my mind) but it can't really qualify as a love story. It's more a story of one sociopath's journey toward necrophilia/bestiality.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:I guess some people like shit though. Especially in the modern world :?
Because people totally didn't like shit in the past. Nope, liking shit is absolutely a modern thing. No, really, it is. Really.

As to the topic, I read Twilight once (because I'm out of my mind) but it can't really qualify as a love story. It's more a story of one sociopath's journey toward necrophilia/bestiality.
Sex with Vampires or Werewolves isn't either.

Necrophilia is non-sentient dead corpses, and it'd only be bestiality if the werewolf was in their wolf shape.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:
Potato wrote:

Sex with Vampires or Werewolves isn't either.

Necrophilia is non-sentient dead corpses, and it'd only be bestiality if the werewolf was in their wolf shape.
Yeah, well, I find this post shallow and pedantic. :x

There's also that super romantic part where wolf-boy imprints on a newborn baby as his future fuck buddy. Yeah, that was a tearjerker.

Speaking of love stories, Catherine tells a pretty bizarre one...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:Speaking of love stories, Catherine tells a pretty bizarre one...
But a fucking amazing game though
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I wonder if anybody has read any homosexual romance novels. I wonder if there are many good ones. Seven days is the only good one I have encountered.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I wonder if anybody has read any homosexual romance novels. I wonder if there are many good ones. Seven days is the only good one I have encountered.
No novels, but this webcomic about gay starfighter pilots is pretty good:

http://www.starfightercomic.com/comic.php

Speaking of comics, there was a translated manga series called 'Sexcapades' that I really liked. The cheesy title and marketing aside (trying to appeal to the horny, it just focused on the sex scenes), the story itself was really good: a TV writer caught in the middle of a love quadrangle between his ex-wife, girlfriend and a young starlet with a big crush on him. Some was very strange, but the relationship between the guy and his girlfriend was touching and convincing.