Why have so many people taken Hanako's route first?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Why have so many people taken Hanako's route first?

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:I got Manly Picnic the first two times. Can I get two hugs?
Oh my gosh yes. That's crushing.
Heh. I was more amused than anything the first time. "Whoa, splattery death? Tone whiplash, guys! Ok, let's try again…". The second time was more like "Dangit. Okay, going to cheat a little and consult a flowchart to see where I'm going wrong, at least so I can get to an actual route.". After that I realized that being both lazy and nice to everyone is against the dev's philosophy, apparently, and all was well.
bhtooefr wrote:the humor of the player got too grating
Ooo, ooo, can I guess? Was it Millbee?
Forever_ambivalent wrote:Yes please don't spam random, close-minded and illogical insults at me.
Of course not, I wouldn't want to steal your schtick.
What does what I just said have to do with being similar to Hanako?
Nothing. That's the point.
Matalangel has a good point.
No, he has your point.
Reading the reason's why people went down Hanako's route makes me feel bad for liking confident and strong people.
You shouldn't feel bad for liking any of the girls. (Nor should anyone else.) You should feel bad for attributing faults to people because they like a particular one who's not your favorite.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

FA, I have to ask...Do you have even the slightest idea what an "insult" is? You seem to think "You said something I don't particularly like. STOP INSULTING ME!" and that's not how insults work. He didn't insult anybody nor was he spamming, unless he did both of these in private.

Rin's route is only difficult to get onto because the choice that pulls you toward her route requires not buddying up with any of the others too much. Some people consider that "shunning"...I never got that myself.

And cute and attractive aren't necessarily the same thing. :P I've met cute girls before that I wouldn't care to associate with through a concrete wall coated in lead. I'd say they're all cute by design alone. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:I got Manly Picnic the first two times. Can I get two hugs?
Oh my gosh yes. That's crushing.
After that I realized that being both lazy and nice to everyone is against the dev's philosophy, apparently
To be fair, just being nice to people in general without putting effort towards any specific person is a great way to not get a date in real life too.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Atario wrote:
Reading the reason's why people went down Hanako's route makes me feel bad for liking confident and strong people.
You shouldn't feel bad for liking any of the girls. (Nor should anyone else.) You should feel bad for attributing faults to people because they like a particular one who's not your favorite.
This isn't even putting words into my mouth. This is shoving misinterpreted meaning's and words into my mouth. I cannot be bothered to deal with this kind of silliness. If you want to argue do it in PM's and do it properly.

I have always wondered how people got to the dead end without doing it on purpose. You are going to need to be a pretty uncaring and mean person if you chose some of those choices. There are only 4 chances to get a dead end and I have seen 3 of them (have yet to do home field advantage scene). I suppose it is understandable that you do not want to tell Lilly what that Hisao has arrhythmia if you feel as though that having arrhythmia is extremely confidential and if you don't like Lilly too much. I don't understand why somebody would say they don't like art (especially in such a mean way) when they are basically in Rin's route. if you hate art that much than why would you go down that route when art is such an obviously big thing to Rin?
If you chose the "SURE WAS HAVING FUN!" option than you deserve to go down the dead end. I don't know about the last dead end choice but kicking somebody out of your room is pretty mean.
Than again you could misunderstand them somehow and choose them that way. I managed to get to the bad end in Shizune's route first because I misunderstood what Hisao meant with "comforting Misha". I never expected them to have sex. I thought Hisao was actually going to be a good friend and help her, not take advantage of her and have sex with her. Poor Misha
I would like to know how people went down the dead end without meaning to.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:You are going to need to be a pretty uncaring and mean person if you chose some of those choices.
Not really. Which choices are uncaring and mean, exactly?

Context is important. It's completely obvious she wants him to fuck her. Poor Misha? Yeah, poor Misha, getting the sex she was asking for...

It's adorable how you of all people tell others to argue "properly"...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:You are going to need to be a pretty uncaring and mean person if you chose some of those choices.
Not really. Which choices are uncaring and mean, exactly?
I confess I am an uncaring and mean person. I ended up falling off the roof because of that and I utterly deserved it. I was not one of the 'so many people' who took Hanako's route first; rather, I was one of those miserable scum who went drinking with Kenji.

Okay, so back to the topic. Why have so many people taken HANAKO's route FIRST? :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:Okay, so back to the topic. Why have so many people taken HANAKO's route FIRST? :)
Because she's cute and mysterious. :P
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Potato wrote:
brythain wrote:Okay, so back to the topic. Why have so many people taken HANAKO's route FIRST? :)
Because she's incredibly kind-hearted, stunningly beautiful, intelligent, and mysterious yet alluring. :P
FTFY
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I got Emi's route first and Hanako's second.

Emi's first because when I got to the track choice I thought "pushing your heart here is about the stupidest decision in the world. I wonder what happens if I take it? Probably a quick dead end." :D

I got Hanako's route second because I was playing the Hisao character. Depressed, low-energy, trying anyway, and really liking books. So when the Library/Town choice came I went for the books. Hi, Hanako!
brythain

Post by brythain »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Potato wrote:
Because she's incredibly kind-hearted, stunningly beautiful, intelligent, and mysterious yet alluring. :P
FTFY
*does a quick check*

Oh dear, that's probably why her epilogue is the only 'good' one of all the ones I wrote… :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KrisIsLyra

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Hanako is the best girl

Except Misha and Miki, but Hisao can't have things that are TOO good
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:To be fair, just being nice to people in general without putting effort towards any specific person is a great way to not get a date in real life too.
By "lazy", I mean I shirked my duty to exercise (generally going with "maybe" instead of "yes" when the nurse stops Hisao in the hallway to harangue him about it, thus not even getting to the point of running harder or giving up in the middle), as I have historically tended to do in real life. Thus, I ended up doing Emi's route last. Love her, though.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hey, guys.

Hanako is just burnt Fluttershy at first glance.

/topic
Potato

Post by Potato »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Potato wrote:
FTFY
The question asks why people took her route first. Prior to taking her route, she shows no great signs of particular intelligence or kind-heartedness (because there's no time given to it). So that leaves cute and mysterious. :lol:

GOD DAMMIT SPUNKY!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:GOD DAMMIT SPUNKY!
You called?