What Would Each Minor Character's Route Entail?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

What Would Each Minor Character's Route Entail?

Post by Munchenhausen »

Each of the official girls has some kind of Aesop overshadowment.
Hanako's is to not white knight, Lilly's is to be honest, Emi's is to never try Buttsex, etc. etc. you know what I mean.

What do you think would be the overhanging moral of a given secondary/tertiary character's route, and what kind of troubles or conflicts would take place?

I'd say Miki's route would be one of letting yourself get your confidence back (she seems almost ashamed of her bandaged stump), with the happy ending involving her removing the bandages.
Also Phantom Limb pains could be quite a prominent crisis.

But how about Diabeetus girl? Could her's be cautionary tale on Sugar?
Could Molly have quite an Anti-Racism theme, two lovers of different pigments?
Could a NxN roufe feature a polygamous relationship?
Did I just get a chubby thinking of that? don't answer that

What do you lot think?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Re: What Would Each Minor Character's Route Entail?

Post by bhtooefr »

Munchenhausen wrote:Could a NxN roufe feature a polygamous relationship?
Did I just get a chubby thinking of that? don't answer that
It's my headcanon that that actually could happen during Hisao's Lilly route.

I mean, canonically, Hanako is getting closer to NxN in that route... and it's my headcanon that red-eyed blondes are part of her type (although alcoholic, not epileptic, but hey, that one has a boyfriend, and then leaves the country, so she's not an option)...

Mind you, I have no idea what the aesop would be, there.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Natsume: to share someone else's pain—living with a grouchy person who has a warm heart
Naomi: to live peacefully in chaos—learning when a person needs control
Misaki: to bend but not break—gaining enough trust to be allowed to carry her gear
Miki: you can always lend a hand—doing stuff without making her self-conscious
Suzu: it's what you do awake that counts—scheduling your day around frequent naps
Ikuno: sweet isn't always good—learning to control your diet
Molly: culture isn't everything—going beyond your cultural comfort zone
Ritsu: you can always reach beyond your grasp—getting a grip on yourself

:D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

How about questions for each one?

Molly: "Can you walk in my shoes?"
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote:I mean, canonically, Hanako is getting closer to NxN in that route... and it's my headcanon that red-eyed blondes are part of her type...
Or even, rather than Blonde hair, Red eyes being 'her type', maybe she's just using Naomi as a Pseudo-Akira to replace the latter after she buggers off to Haggistown? :P

@Brythain
That's fucking beautiful :lol:
Truth be told, I hadn't really considered Natsume's arthritis to make her grumpy... but that is a very good point. It has changed my Headcanon on the subject.

I imagine Ritsu's route could involve her being depressed at her newfound inability to play drums, maybe moreso if playing the drums was what caused it :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote:How about questions for each one?

I thought it was just a pun at her legs (or lack thereof), but then I saw the Implications.
Smart.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Munchenhausen wrote:Or even, rather than Blonde hair, Red eyes being 'her type', maybe she's just using Naomi as a Pseudo-Akira to replace the latter after she buggers off to Haggistown? :P
Well, yes, but I wasn't going to put it like that.

And, RA is one hell of a nasty disease when it comes to the mental effects, too. Depression and anger management issues are two things that are likely...

Oh, and all of the canon route girls have questions like that - puns that have Implications.

Emi: "Can you stand up for yourself?"
Hanako: "Can you face your fears?"
Lilly: "Can you see what I see?"
Rin: "Can you seize the day?"
Shizune: "Can you tell me what you think?"
Last edited by bhtooefr on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:How about questions for each one?

Hmmm. Interesting.

Natsume: "Can you see me with different eyes?"
Naomi: "Can you find the perfect fit?"
Miki: "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"
Ritsu: "Is there light at the end of the tunnel?"
Ikuno: "Will you be my sweetheart?"
Misaki: "Can you show some spine?"
Suzu: "Can we share a dream?"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

brythain wrote:Naomi: "Can you find the perfect fit?"

Although the format for all the canon ones is "Can you ...?", but still... for the Ritsu one, "Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?" would work, given that it's Hisao POV, and he's struggling to see such light.
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:
brythain wrote:Naomi: "Can you find the perfect fit?"
http://blakesnow.com/wp-content/uploads ... /url-1.gif

Although the format for all the canon ones is "Can you ...?", but still... for the Ritsu one, "Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?" would work, given that it's Hisao POV, and he's struggling to see such light.
Good point. Sometimes I forget myself. Or I forget, myself. :D

I guess Miki's would then be, "Can you give me a hand?"
But I prefer: "Can you be my digital analogue?" :D
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Ikuno's would become, "Can you be my sweetheart?"

And I just realized that Ritsu's would be better as "Can you reach the light at the end of the tunnel?" to remove sight (and therefore implications of blindness, seeing how Lilly's question was phrased) from it.

Now, Misaki's, there, any implications of blindness are completely appropriate (even though in KS she's sighted), because in her source material, she's blind. That's right, they took an already disabled character for their cameo, and gave them a different disability.
brythain

Post by brythain »

We can add Rikabro's "Can you open your heart?" for Rika and Scissorlips's "Can you live your dreams?" for Suzu, I suppose.

Does Saki have one? (Besides the non-question quote that appears in Fluffandcrunch's famous fanfic.)
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:Ikuno's would become, "Can you be my sweetheart?"

And I just realized that Ritsu's would be better as "Can you reach the light at the end of the tunnel?" to remove sight (and therefore implications of blindness, seeing how Lilly's question was phrased) from it.

Now, Misaki's, there, any implications of blindness are completely appropriate (even though in KS she's sighted), because in her source material, she's blind. That's right, they took an already disabled character for their cameo, and gave them a different disability.
Now all we need is someone to attempt to write routes for them… :)

Misaki: "Can you learn to see straight?"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Not sure, but how about, "Can you find strength in yourself?" (For Saki, that is.)

Thanatos02 used "Can you keep moving forward?" for his Akira route, for what it's worth, although Akira actually has a disability (that you touched on) - alcoholism. (Thanatos02 portrayed Akira's alcohol consumption as below the abuse threshold, so it obviously didn't fit there.) I was actually struggling to come up with such a question for Iron Oxide, because Akira's alcoholism was going to become one of the main conflicts, though, so the question actually was important... but in abandoning the story, that became unnecessary.
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:Not sure, but how about, "Can you find strength in yourself?" (For Saki, that is.)

Thanatos02 used "Can you keep moving forward?" for his Akira route, for what it's worth, although Akira actually has a disability (that you touched on) - alcoholism. (Thanatos02 portrayed Akira's alcohol consumption as below the abuse threshold, so it obviously didn't fit there.) I was actually struggling to come up with such a question for Iron Oxide, because Akira's alcoholism was going to become one of the main conflicts, though, so the question actually was important... but in abandoning the story, that became unnecessary.
Hmmm. Oh, melancholic thoughts. I always think Akira's potential stories are mostly naturally sad. "Can you lift my spirits?" might work...