What would be the KS cast's favorite "XYZ" general topic.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Comrade

What would be the KS cast's favorite "XYZ" general topic.

Post by Comrade »

Here. Instead of making multiple topics asking what would be the cast's favorite somethings, let's put it all in one topic.
To start things off, let's all wonder what kind of movies they'll be into, k?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Re: What would be the KS cast's favorite "XYZ" general topic

Post by SpunkySix »

I feel like Emi would be down with anything exciting, whether it be action or horror.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Kenji probably likes that movie when there was only one guy left, because that was the point.
I can imagine Rin watching nature documantries about the migration patterns of butterflies all day.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Not one of the main characters, but I could see Akira being really into gangster movies of all kinds, and not just because that's what I've been really into lately either. :lol:
I could see her being a big fan of The Godfather and Goodfellas, and even Tarantino's more modern gangster flicks like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. And of course I could see her being a big fan of Yakuza films, like any of Takeshi Kitano's awesome Yakuza films he's directed in the past two decades. I wouldn't be surprised if Akira often fantasized about being a Yakuza, going everywhere in a black pinstripe suit and black tie and driving a dark blue sports car with tinted windows. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I think Rin would appreciate the artistic values of the Pink Floyd movie 'The Wall'. In fact, a lot of her art reminds me of this movie
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

I think Hanako would like something thoughtful and a little romantic. I wouldn't say she's a horror person by any stretch, but maybe... Atlantis: The Lost Empire? (AKA the best animated film of all time)

On to books:

I can imagine Hanako reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:I think Rin would appreciate the artistic values of the Pink Floyd movie 'The Wall'. In fact, a lot of her art reminds me of this movie
What about David Lynch, the guy behind Eraser Head and his movies? Or Donnie Darko? Those seem like the type of artistic cult films she might be attracted to. Maybe the ABCs of Death, or Theater Bizarre as well?
Atario

Post by Atario »

Comrade wrote:I can imagine Rin watching nature documantries about the migration patterns of butterflies all day.
You know that TV channel that's just HD shots of nature that change every couple of minutes? I feel like she'd be glued to that.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
Comrade wrote:I can imagine Rin watching nature documantries about the migration patterns of butterflies all day.
You know that TV channel that's just HD shots of nature that change every couple of minutes? I feel like she'd be glued to that.
Those things are downright captivating.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Movies...

Hanako: Miyazaki, or horror stuff. Why horror? Because.

Lilly: Fantasia because it's cliche and what else is someone who can't watch things going to watch?

Emi: Godzilla, Pacific Rim, anything with giant things brawling and wrecking shit.

Rin: Nature shows, or Bob Ross. :lol:

Shizune: War movies, or any given movie starring a competitive underdog. Rocky, perhaps.

Books...

Hanako: Life of Pi. C'mon. (Also, fantasy books)

Lilly: The Book of Tea, braille edition.

Emi: "Reading's for gaylords."

Shizune: Historical war novels.

Rin: CYOA books. Or something. I dunno, I keep thinking of papercuts on those webby spots between the toes. D:

Kenji: Dark Rivers of the Heart. Big on paranoia thrills, that book.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:Books...

Emi: "Reading's for gaylords."
Mostly, and I think it's implied somewhere that she's not even all that good at it, buuuuut-

Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Lilly: Fantasia because it's cliche and what else is someone who can't watch things going to watch?
There are a lot of movies that are little more than glorified radio plays. Just a dollop of Descriptive Audio to give establishing shots and the like and she's golden.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:Lilly: Fantasia because it's cliche and what else is someone who can't watch things going to watch?
There are a lot of movies that are little more than glorified radio plays. Just a dollop of Descriptive Audio to give establishing shots and the like and she's golden.
Hitchhiker's Guide comes to mind...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:
Hitchhiker's Guide comes to mind...
Well, that was literally a radio play at one point, so you're definitely on to something there.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Huh, so it was.

I could see Rin becoming addicted to coffee...Lilly's favorite is tea, obviously.