What would be the KS cast's favorite "XYZ" general topic.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: What would be the KS cast's favorite "XYZ" general topic

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:Including Rin most probably getting motion sickness afterwards and throwing up?
I was thinking more like playing that game where you're an elephant walking through a trippy, surreal landscape and bashing everything from cars to UFOs with your trunk in first person.
...Goat Simulator?
No, it's a... it's this:

It's called Dumpy Going Elephants, and it's bizarre.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

SpunkySix wrote:
No, it's a... it's this:

It's called Dumpy Going Elephants, and it's bizarre.
I don't think Rin would want to swing her head like a maniac and destroy random stuff.
I think Kenji might like it though. Replace the houses with women and the schoolkids with girls and he will go ecstatic.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:
I've never heard a guy with a radio-announcer voice act like a hyperactive five-year-old before.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I've never heard a guy with a radio-announcer voice act like a hyperactive five-year-old before.
Isn't that most World Cup commentary? :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Markiplier is a badass, don't you even. :evil:
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Markiplier is a badass, don't you even. :evil:
No, Jules from Pulp Fiction is a badass. Markiplier is just loud and obnoxious.

Back on topic: Favorite pizza.

Hideaki likes cheese. Plain cheese. Fuck Hideaki.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

They eat Pizza in Japan?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Pizza is as loved in Japan as it is elsewhere.

It's just ... kinda strange sometimes.

Let me copy and paste something I found online once...

Yep, that's right - you can get pizza in Japan. Sometimes, if you're lucky you can even get something that's close to what you would get in the States or what is available in Europe, but pizza in Japan often takes some strange forms.

Looking at a "Pizza California" flyer, I see various interesting combinations like a "mochi combo" (rice cake, bacon, 'double cheese', seaweed, parmesan cheese), a "California special" (shrimp, squid, tuna, onions, mushrooms, corn, mayonnaise), and a "Curry German Deluxe" (potatoes, onions, mayonnaise, bacon, parmesan cheese - no curry) available with a tomato sauce base or a gratin base.

Not to be beaten, "Farmer's Pizza" offers a whole slew of interesting pizzas as well. They even have "Japanese style" pizzas like the "Mentaiko (cod roe) Special" (cod roe, squid, onions, green peppers, mayonnaise, cheese) and "Teriyaki Jidori (Japanese chicken)" (onions, corn, bacon, fresh asparagus, mayonnaise, cheese). If you prefer an "American" pizza, you can try the "American Mix" (bacon, corn, mushrooms, onions, double cheese) or if you prefer something European, there's the "German Brunch" (2 wiener sausages, mustard, potatoes, green peppers, onions, cheese).
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote:Pizza is as loved in Japan as it is elsewhere.

It's just ... kinda strange sometimes.

Let me copy and paste something I found online once...

Yep, that's right - you can get pizza in Japan. Sometimes, if you're lucky you can even get something that's close to what you would get in the States or what is available in Europe, but pizza in Japan often takes some strange forms.

Looking at a "Pizza California" flyer, I see various interesting combinations like a "mochi combo" (rice cake, bacon, 'double cheese', seaweed, parmesan cheese), a "California special" (shrimp, squid, tuna, onions, mushrooms, corn, mayonnaise), and a "Curry German Deluxe" (potatoes, onions, mayonnaise, bacon, parmesan cheese - no curry) available with a tomato sauce base or a gratin base.

Not to be beaten, "Farmer's Pizza" offers a whole slew of interesting pizzas as well. They even have "Japanese style" pizzas like the "Mentaiko (cod roe) Special" (cod roe, squid, onions, green peppers, mayonnaise, cheese) and "Teriyaki Jidori (Japanese chicken)" (onions, corn, bacon, fresh asparagus, mayonnaise, cheese). If you prefer an "American" pizza, you can try the "American Mix" (bacon, corn, mushrooms, onions, double cheese) or if you prefer something European, there's the "German Brunch" (2 wiener sausages, mustard, potatoes, green peppers, onions, cheese).
Oh yes, I love those. They also have those thinly-sliced tuna flakes that seem to move on their own. I think I've tried all these flavours, and I must say that you haven't lived until you've done the 26 'western' flavours at a traditional clay oven pizza joint and then gone next door for the fifteen flavours at a Japanese-style pizza place.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Umber

Post by Umber »

brythain wrote:you haven't lived until you've done the 26 'western' flavours at a traditional clay oven pizza joint and then gone next door for the fifteen flavours at a Japanese-style pizza place.
I am in need of rebirth. I need to go back to Japan. If this is okonomiyaki, then someone in my senior class that did their senior presentation on pizzas briefly mentioned it and said it was delicious.

How could I have missed this in 2009, I love food. :|
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Umber wrote:
brythain wrote:you haven't lived until you've done the 26 'western' flavours at a traditional clay oven pizza joint and then gone next door for the fifteen flavours at a Japanese-style pizza place.
I am in need of rebirth. I need to go back to Japan. If this is okonomiyaki, then someone in my senior class that did their senior presentation on pizzas briefly mentioned it and said it was delicious.

How could I have missed this in 2009, I love food. :|
Okonomiyaki are those relatively fluffy pancake-like things, topped in a way similar to pizza. But you can also buy pizzas with Japanese-style toppings. I have the great good fortune to be able to get any of these things within about half an hour of feeling the desire… :D

Back on topic: I often have visions of Mutou and Nurse sharing a simple tomato-and-cheese pizza, or a wasabi-mayo-and-seafood one. :)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Corn?? Mayonnaise?? I'm starting to question just what is meant by "cheese" here…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:They eat Pizza in Japan?
They eat in Japan?!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:Corn?? Mayonnaise?? I'm starting to question just what is meant by "cheese" here…
Squid jelly, I'd imagine.

Much of that is decidedly not pizza, at any rate. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:Corn?? Mayonnaise?? I'm starting to question just what is meant by "cheese" here…
Squid jelly, I'd imagine.

Much of that is decidedly not pizza, at any rate. :lol:
Ah, don't knock it till you've tried it… here, have a sample menu. :D