What would be the characters' favorite video games?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: What would be the characters' favorite video games?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:What would be the KS characters' favourite types of wood for their bedroom furniture?
After putting in research to answer this most fundamental of questions, here are my answers.

Hanako would have hinoki wood making up most of hers - it's very clean looking, very utilitarian, but a bit dull. Like her room.
Rin would have camphor laurel, and then spend all day looking at the patterns formed between the lighter and darker grains.
Shizune would go for magnolia furniture - a dark, closely grained, powerful looking wood. Anything made with it looks fucking awesome.
Lilly obviously can't see it, but if she could, keyaki furniture would suit her very nicely. Suits more antiquated items. Or boxwood, a very dense wood, perfect for relentless bonking on.
Emi would go for ash or something like that. I doubt she'd care, to be honest.

I hope everyone's day, and indeed lives, have been enriched by this.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:[...Wood Research...]
You know what?
I'm going to drop all of my life's ambitions and goals and set off to the amazon rainforest to study Wood.
Thank you, Aaron, for sorting my life straight.

brb, going Amazonian Rainforest
Last edited by Munchenhausen on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
metalangel wrote:[...Wood Research...]
You know what?
I'm going to drop all of my life's ambitions and goals and set off to the amazon rainforest to study Wood.

brb, going Amazonian Rainforest
Don't forget to write! :D
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Munchenhausen wrote:You know what?
Be sure to get a copy of Identifying Wood:

(I actually have no idea how good that book is, and the caption was added by the interwebs, but...)

Now I'm trying to think of what Kenji plays. Duke Nukem Forever? Except his anti-feminism manifests very, very differently...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kenji...Yeah, Duke Nukem. It's as dense as him. Or MGS, for training.

Hanako...Something like CK2 or Civ. Good excuse to hole up away from people for a stretch. :lol:

Emi would play QWOP or Wii Sports or something, if she was forcibly dragged away from the track.

Misha and Shizune would go for anything with split-screen competitive mode. All at Shizune's behest.

Lilly...Not sure if can.

Rin...Again, not sure if can.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Y'know, Emi might like the running stuff in Mario And Sonic Olympic games.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote: Rin...Again, not sure if can.
If she can get her feet positioned right, I'm sure she could use a joystick and play Flight SImulator or something. Why the hell would she do that though?!
And she could definitely play games like Civ, which you can do everything with the mouse anyway :) (Unless she wanted to change the name of her cities, of course)

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote: Rin...Again, not sure if can.
If she can get her feet positioned right, I'm sure she could use a joystick and play Flight SImulator or something. Why the hell would she do that though?!
And she could definitely play games like Civ, which you can do everything with the mouse anyway :) (Unless she wanted to change the name of her cities, of course)
I'm pretty sure she could also get her feet around a Wii remote with the right position to steer for Mario Kart. Using items would be tough, but with the new gamepad shoulder buttons, she might actually be able to pull that off while moving if she got quick with moving her left big toe from the control stick to the left trigger and back.

Whether or not she'd even care enough to do that is a very real question here though.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I think Hanako would be into story-heavy games: RPGs and the like. Although she'd still want the game to be at least somewhat challenging. No easy mode for her.
Shizune would want almost anything multiplayer. Because, y'know, competitive.
Emi? Like Emi would stay indoors and play video games.
Don't know what he'd play, but I get the feeling Kenji would be the kind of player XBox Live is infamous for. (Maybe he'd play a version of Doom modded to look like [shimmie=1202]this[/shimmie].)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Lilly might enjoy Papa Sangre or one of many professionally voiced-over text adventures—like this one. There are a (very) few other 'video' games that are blind-friendly. The whole concept tends to go out of the window, not just the box.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

emmjay wrote:Emi? Like Emi would stay indoors and play video games.
True. That would involve sitting still, mostly. What about Wii Fit though? That even had a mode where you could go on a virtual run by running in real life.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Make Hanako play Amnesia, just for shits and giggles.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Hisao would be into erotic visual novels.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:Hisao would be into erotic visual novels.
Who wouldn't?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Potato wrote:
Rin...Again, not sure if can.
I used to have an issue of Nintendo Power back in the ye olden dayes where a person had written in telling people how they learned to play the NES using their feet due to ...either a disability or injury. I forget which.

Modern controllers she might have more trouble with, but the classics are still an option.

Nintendo also created a vest controller for the disabled at one point that used neck movements and suck or blowing into a straw attachment to play the games.

... of course for some reason, I doubt Rin would be interested in game at all, but the options do exist.
Not Dead Yet