What weapons would the KS characters choose?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: What weapons would the KS characters choose?

Post by Munchenhausen »

I'd reckon Lilly would have one of these to hit people with in self defence, assuming it was some sort of club by the shape.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
DrCthulhu

Post by DrCthulhu »

Munchenhausen wrote:I'd reckon Lilly would have one of these to hit people with in self defence, assuming it was some sort of club by the shape.
http://www.sproe.com/images/grenade-german.png
Don't ya mean this?

Last edited by Silentcook on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
Beep, Boop. I am a robot. I have come to steal American jobs.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Must be a Scottish thing ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
DrCthulhu

Post by DrCthulhu »

Munchenhausen wrote:Must be a Scottish thing ;)
"High-yield Scottish face removal," actually. Thrown only by sober people. That's another weapon for Lily: A broken bottle that says "TEA" on a label pasted on the front.
Cheapchip

Post by Cheapchip »

The Nurse, anyone?
Police_Medic_-_Hell_Beat_You_Well_With_His_Magic_Wellness_Stick.jpg
Police_Medic_-_Hell_Beat_You_Well_With_His_Magic_Wellness_Stick.jpg (66.55 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
My background for my phone is from Imperfect Spectrum KS Artbook.
I'm using this as my signature because you must be a curious person to open the spoiler.
Since you are curious, I'm telling you one random thing about me.
DrCthulhu

Post by DrCthulhu »

Cheapchip wrote:The Nurse, anyone?
Don't forget his

A shot in the gut and a whack over the head and you'll be all better. The Nurse must also carry a saxophone at all times.
Cheapchip

Post by Cheapchip »

DrCthulhu wrote: A shot in the gut and a whack over the head and you'll be all better. The Nurse must also carry a saxophone at all times.
that means playing "Ah Eh Ee Oh You" using his saxophone gives Regeneration Buff? Who's going to play it? There seems to be noone if the cast who is musically artistic. Or give the sax to Rin, who is visually artistic...
My background for my phone is from Imperfect Spectrum KS Artbook.
I'm using this as my signature because you must be a curious person to open the spoiler.
Since you are curious, I'm telling you one random thing about me.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Cheapchip wrote: that means playing "Ah Eh Ee Oh You" using his saxophone gives Regeneration Buff? Who's going to play it? There seems to be noone if the cast who is musically artistic. Or give the sax to Rin, who is visually artistic...
Nah. Rin wouldn't use a weapon. After all, she prefers to fight unarmed.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:Rin wouldn't use a weapon. After all, she prefers to fight unarmed.
:lol: I guess that would make her a martial artist.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Rin would fight with capoeira. Modified to account for her stumps, of course.

Emi would use a pair of katars.

Mutou would simply meet his enemies in a cafe, presumably to make peace, and offer them a covertly poisoned cigarette.

Misha would unknowingly wield that kickass space arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy, casually accidentally murdering dozens of people as she strolls happily along to the Shanghai, whistling cheerful tunes.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Rin would just talk the enemy into confusion, eventually resulting in an existential crisis and the loss of any will to fight.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Atario wrote:Rin would just talk the enemy into confusion, eventually resulting in an existential crisis and the loss of any will to fight.
I did that in a D&D game once. A goblin leapt off a bridge to his death. Rin would be a deadly force indeed.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

This list is nonsensical. Some of these weapons may exist, some may not.
Rin -
  • Rocket boots (Kicking Emi) - Increasing her already powerful leg force, this would also double as a mobility booster.
    Kangaroo Turrets - Rin gets into a kangaroo suit and drops turrets from the pouch.
Emi -
  • Punching Katars - Already fast from her running, these would allow Emi to use that to her advantage.
    Lance - Using her speed factor to its maximum potential, Emi impales you on a lance then moves on for her next target.
Lilly - Demon Weapon (Soul Eater) - See Akira

Shizune -
  • Sniper Rifle (Something silenced.) - With her personality, it just fits so well.
    Jigoro's Sword - I imagine it has powers similar to Excalibur from Soul Eater.
Hanako - Richard's Handbag (LFG) - She actually carries this around, although she's redone it to look like a shoulderbag.
  • Scooter - A kraken which can be put in a baby-pool for land battles. Raised since childhood to fight.
    Beartopus Children - An octopus with the regenerative powers of the hydra and arms that end in bear heads.
    Dragon - Typical dragon.
Misha - Noise Marine (40K)
  • Sonic Blaster - It unleashes waves of crippling and distorted harmonics to rip targets apart. WAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    Blastmaster - In canon, this produces a bass note deep enough to rupture eyeballs and organs. I'd think WaHas would be high enough to have the same effect on bone.
Akira - Meister
  • Lilly - A demon weapon capable of turning into a tommy gun.
    Soul Caliber - The RoF of Lilly revs up, and the bullets start to rip away at a kinshin's souls.
    Resonance - Lilly grows extra barrels, eventually becoming a dual-gatling gun.
Bonus Round:
Mutou - Mech Suit
Nomiya - Berserking
Hisao - Cloning Powers
Miki - Lightsaber. (Also, Mutou isn't her father.)
Nurse - TF2
Last edited by Broomhead on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Every time I think we've run out of ideas for new threads, the board takes me by surprise. :P

Since they aren't trained fighters (because this is a romance novel, not Call of Yamaku: Disability Warfare), I assume they'd use whatever they could find; chairs, tables, bottles, Lilly's walking cane etc. Maybe a scalpel or something for the Nurse.

You're all over-thinking this. :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

Broomhead wrote:Jigoro's Sword - I imagine it has powers similar to Excalibur from Soul Eater.
So, calling people fools and going on endlessly about how great it is? Sounds like a perfect fit :lol:
Beartopus Children - An octopus with the regenerative powers of the hydra and arms that end in bear heads.
Wow, I'll have what you're smokin'.
Akira - Meister
  • Lilly - A demon weapon capable of turning into a tommy gun.
Wait, so Lilly is both a Meister and a Weapon? Does that make her bi?
Miki - Lightsaber. (Also, Mutou isn't her father.)
Oh, you!
d2r wrote:I assume they'd use whatever they could find; chairs, tables, bottles, Lilly's walking cane etc. Maybe a scalpel or something for the Nurse.
Some art supplies are caustic. That could work.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote