Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2694
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Oddball » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:33 pm

I'm not going to write a Rika route. I might do some short stories, but no route.

HOWEVER, if I did, I would use the following ending.

Bad Ending: Rika and Hisao have been arguing. Not just once, but as an ongoing thing over the last few weeks. It's starting to show on Rika. She's not looking that good. She's been skipping her medicine not every day, but maybe ever few days. Finally Hisao, both worried about her and still caring about her gets one of her friends to meet him alone.

While trying to tell her how he really feels, she has a heart attack, somewhat mirroring Hisao's introduction. The Final CG would show Hisao cradling her, not sure is she's alive or dead … but it doesn't look good.

Neutral Ending: Hisao actually graduates a year before Rika does. They keep in touch as he moves on, but interactions become less frequent. When he tries to call her the day of her graduation, he learns her phone has been disconnected. It's the last he ever hears of her.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:59 pm

Oddball wrote:I'm not going to write a Rika route. I might do some short stories, but no route.

HOWEVER, if I did, I would use the following ending.

Bad Ending: Rika and Hisao have been arguing. Not just once, but as an ongoing thing over the last few weeks. It's starting to show on Rika. She's not looking that good. She's been skipping her medicine not every day, but maybe ever few days. Finally Hisao, both worried about her and still caring about her gets one of her friends to meet him alone.

While trying to tell her how he really feels, she has a heart attack, somewhat mirroring Hisao's introduction. The Final CG would show Hisao cradling her, not sure is she's alive or dead … but it doesn't look good.

Neutral Ending: Hisao actually graduates a year before Rika does. They keep in touch as he moves on, but interactions become less frequent. When he tries to call her the day of her graduation, he learns her phone has been disconnected. It's the last he ever hears of her.
I did indeed do a Rika arc, and she did have that heart attack in it—just not with Hisao. :)

Actually, there's a lot of space left in my Rika arc and I should probably fill some of it in...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
RandomHuman
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by RandomHuman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:21 pm

I believe that the lilly X Hanako would be a terrible pairing, mostly because of the fact that they have such a fragile and unhealthy realationship as it is. hanako wants is to be her own person and to be treated everyday with respect by her peers rather than just her birthday (that's like a really really condensed version of her arc but stay with me) and lilly just reinforces hanakos feelings that she needs to be protected. By buying her shit that she would only ever use to contact lolly on (the phone) and never introducing her to the plethora of freinds that Lilly has. I might be explaining it wrong but I think a realationship romantically between them would be seriously fucked up because hanako would be even more reliant on Lilly than the unhealthy amount she already does. Then again if it was an AR fix then maybe it could work but with the friendship they already have i just can't see it happening
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5759
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Notable non-KS disabled characters

Post by Mirage_GSM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:13 am

Yesterday I saw a performance by a chinese troupe in which all of the artists are disabled.
It was fantastic. I found a few videos on Youtube:

Behind the scenes

Thousand-armed Guanyin

The Soul of the Peacock

If you pay attention you can see the person directing the performers at the side of the stage because they cannot hear the music...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Rhodri
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm
Location: The Capital of the Welsh boyo!

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Rhodri » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

If you thought a Saki route would end on a sad note, you've seen nothing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37442522
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Lianam » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:18 am

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I haven't been around in two years and I'm curious: when did Mirage_GSM took over the library from Comrade? And does anyone know what happened to Comrade, or did they just drop off of the face of the Earth?
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:26 am

Lianam wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I haven't been around in two years and I'm curious: when did Mirage_GSM took over the library from Comrade? And does anyone know what happened to Comrade, or did they just drop off of the face of the Earth?
I believe Mirage_GSM accepted that responsibility in August 2015 with Comrade's blessing. I'd assumed the Book Club responsibility in March 2015 with Sea's blessing, so it was a sort of changing of the guard, I suppose.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Lianam » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:01 am

brythain wrote:
Lianam wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I haven't been around in two years and I'm curious: when did Mirage_GSM took over the library from Comrade? And does anyone know what happened to Comrade, or did they just drop off of the face of the Earth?
I believe Mirage_GSM accepted that responsibility in August 2015 with Comrade's blessing. I'd assumed the Book Club responsibility in March 2015 with Sea's blessing, so it was a sort of changing of the guard, I suppose.
Hope they might pop up again some day. I liked those guys. :(
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Rhodri wrote:If you thought a Saki route would end on a sad note, you've seen nothing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37442522
In all seriousness, at least one of them had the other until the very end, and then the other didn't suffer for long. That's awful though... 'normal' in a way, but still.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Rhodri
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm
Location: The Capital of the Welsh boyo!

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Rhodri » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:40 pm

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.

User avatar
emmjay
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by emmjay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Rhodri wrote:Feel good story of the day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40742586
Nice to be reminded that there is, in fact, some good in this world.
(Also, I am really curious about those compressed-air powered wheelchairs.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)

User avatar
Just Some Guy
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:03 pm
Location: United States

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Just Some Guy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Rhodri wrote:Feel good story of the day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40742586
Amazing story. That guy is a true hero.

User avatar
emmjay
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by emmjay » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:36 am

Started thinking about which KS character best embodies each of the Seven Deadly Sins. (The fact that I've been re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood may have something to do with this.)
Envy: Misha, at least in Shizune's route, where she wants what Hisao has. (Namely, Shizune.)
Gluttony: Nomiya. Not only is he fat, but his desire to "consume" Rin's artwork nearly causes her to have a breakdown.
Greed: Shizune. Maybe she's not joking when she talks about wanting to take over the world... (And in a point of similarity to the Greed from FMA, she truly wants friends.)
Lust: Lilly, what with her Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive and all.
Pride: Jigoro. Do I really need to explain why?
Sloth: Rin. This girl pays no attention to deadlines whatsoever.
Wrath: Hanako. Watch her bad end if you don't believe me.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)

User avatar
ArazelEternal
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Anywhere, as long as Hanako is by my side...
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by ArazelEternal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 pm

emmjay wrote:Started thinking about which KS character best embodies each of the Seven Deadly Sins. (The fact that I've been re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood may have something to do with this.)
Envy: Misha, at least in Shizune's route, where she wants what Hisao has. (Namely, Shizune.)
Gluttony: Nomiya. Not only is he fat, but his desire to "consume" Rin's artwork nearly causes her to have a breakdown.
Greed: Shizune. Maybe she's not joking when she talks about wanting to take over the world... (And in a point of similarity to the Greed from FMA, she truly wants friends.)
Lust: Lilly, what with her Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive and all.
Pride: Jigoro. Do I really need to explain why?
Sloth: Rin. This girl pays no attention to deadlines whatsoever.
Wrath: Hanako. Watch her bad end if you don't believe me.
Never saw Hanako's bad end. I wont. One of my good friends who also played through KS, did so in its entirety. He said to stay away from her bad ending as its just too heart wrenching. Im inclined to believe him.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2694
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Oddball » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:10 pm

ArazelEternal wrote:
Never saw Hanako's bad end. I wont. One of my good friends who also played through KS, did so in its entirety. He said to stay away from her bad ending as its just too heart wrenching. Im inclined to believe him.
You should watch it.

It shows you a side of Hanako you'll never otherwise see. Honestly, I think it makes the good ending even better know how close they were to completely blowing everything up and how even Hanako was wrong about what her problems where.
Not Dead Yet

Post Reply