Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen »

Rhodri wrote:Nothing but errors for me Munch
Well, I guess I'll need to fix it in the morning :P my apologies
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Yeah - all locked behind a login request error.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Fixed the links now ;)

Do you hear that?
That's the sound of the good ship, the HMS Munchenhausen, scraping rock bottom.

LET'S SEE HOW DEEP THESE FUCKIN' ROCKS GO!

Edit:
Okay, i've found out exactly how deep these rocks go
Edit pt. Two:
fuck you bitch I do what I want with my waifu
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:Fixed the links now ;)
Well, always happy to see more Natsume and Naomi, I guess. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

That's not quite rock bottom. You could still jump down into the gutter from there (in that game that I obviosly know nothing about since I'm not in Japan..)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Do you hear that?
That's the sound of the good ship, the HMS Munchenhausen, scraping rock bottom.

LET'S SEE HOW DEEP THESE FUCKIN' ROCKS GO!

Edit:
Okay, i've found out exactly how deep these rocks go
Edit pt. Two:
fuck you bitch I do what I want with my waifu
Oh ho....

I challenge those designs...

WITH MINE! :twisted:

I interest you for a joint cooperation with this boat in this journey into the heart of darkness

...in a more serious note, can we trade for that Miki, Natsume, and Naomi? I'll gladly lend these over with English edits
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

dewelar wrote:
Liminaut wrote:I believe it was mentioned in the VN that Emi had to skip a year, and so actually is a year older than her classmates. She's 19 when the VN happens.
Or, more precisely (per the Japanese educational system), her 19th birthday would fall during the 2007-08 academic year, yes.
And, as Lilly's 18th birthday was in February (which is 100% completely canon, in the VN, cannot be disputed) of the year in which the beginning of the VN was set (which we'll assume is 2007, because there's enough reliable evidence for it to be 2007), her 19th birthday also falls during the 2007-08 academic year, unless Yamaku doesn't follow the Japanese educational calendar (which, it sure doesn't follow a Western calendar). As far as I know, the only route in the VN that's believed to go into 2008 is Shizune's, though (which would be graduation).

And, Emi only skipped one year. That's also 100% completely canon, she'd have said she skipped two years if she skipped two years.

So, the only thing that's in dispute is whether katawa-shoujo.com's character profiles are canon. If they're not, Emi could still be older, by having a birthdate between April 1988 and February 1989. If they are, Emi's younger, end of story. She's still a "year older" than Hisao (who doesn't have a canon birthdate, although it's somewhere between April and June 1989, and he and Iwanako are both "third years now", so he didn't skip a year because of his heart attack) in terms of academic years, though.

And, also, if they're canon dates, Rin could be 17, or she could've skipped a year. Seeing as the latter is what makes KS legal in some countries (including one that at least two of the devs live in), it's the latter, and she's a day older than Emi. If they're not canon, then it doesn't matter.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

bhtooefr wrote:So, the only thing that's in dispute is whether katawa-shoujo.com's character profiles are canon.
If canon is defined as "only what's in the game" (which AFAIK is the position of the devs), then they are not. If it's not defined as that, then it's not defined at all, which means that there's basically no canon. Anyway, yes, it's possible that Lilly is older than Emi.

I may have to apologize to you anyway, because those profiles do not give birth years, only birth dates. I could have sworn there was somewhere within the game materials that birth years were also given. If not, then I'm at least partially wrong about this, and I'm sorry.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's cool, no worries.

And, the devs also said they weren't interested in world-building, which causes huge problems when I try to world-build mentally, and run into inconsistencies...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:It's cool, no worries.

And, the devs also said they weren't interested in world-building, which causes huge problems when I try to world-build mentally, and run into inconsistencies...
You're telling me. :) I think a few of us are having these ridiculous problems because of similar desires for consistency—the hobgoblin of little minds, as some person wiser than we once said.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:

You're telling me. :) I think a few of us are having these ridiculous problems because of similar desires for consistency—the hobgoblin of little minds, as some person wiser than we once said.
Depends on whether you consider this particular consistency foolish - I, for one, do not :D.

"I adore anyone who adores anyone who adores Emerson - your turn!" - J. Maxwell

But yes, I've said it before that one of the things I hoped to do with Developments was to give at least some of those inconsistencies an explanation.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:

Depends on whether you consider this particular consistency foolish - I, for one, do not :D.

"I adore anyone who adores anyone who adores Emerson - your turn!" - J. Maxwell

But yes, I've said it before that one of the things I hoped to do with Developments was to give at least some of those inconsistencies an explanation.
:D I sometimes think of myself as J Alfred Prufrock — you know, these lines:

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Okay, okay, so Lilly is roughly a month older than Emi. The whole reason it was brought up is because someone said Emi's 12 (Jokingly, I'm sure)

Whole point - Emi's above legal age throughout the VN =p
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Not that I really think anybody cares, but for my purposes, I headcanon Iwanako's birthday is December 23, mostly because there isn't a known Capricorn in the main cast and she seems that one.

I don't really care what Hisao's birthday is, but if he's not an Aries I'll eat my nonexistent hat.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:Not that I really think anybody cares, but for my purposes, I headcanon Iwanako's birthday is December 23, mostly because there isn't a known Capricorn in the main cast and she seems that one.

I don't really care what Hisao's birthday is, but if he's not an Aries I'll eat my nonexistent hat.
Haha, 1 April it is! Also, if I may, I'll just propagate that birthday for Iwanako?