Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Atario »

SiniisteR wrote:It was only that she expressed her feelings so many times at once that it started to become less 'breaking down a wall' and more acting out of character for me, especially since she's one of the most calm and collected girls out of them all.
Being calm and collected all the time takes effort. Bottling that up must result in some dam-busting when it stops.
SpunkySix wrote:
Sohtak wrote:I cried at both of those parts but Emi's good ending always rubbed me wrong

It's like "We just visited your fathers grave it's time for sex" like...no

It didn't feel right to me and it felt awkward.
:|

...so, like, is this a good spot to step in and interject, or am I not supposed to do that anymore?
Can I try for you? Oh, lemme!

Ahem.

It wasn't just a visit to a grave. It was Emi finally letting Hisao into her life fully. Accepting his presence in the innermost sanctum of her soul, which was something she strenuously avoided in her life generally to that point. An emotional catharsis and an extremely vulnerable moment. And he responded delicately and well. Then they traveled back home, with almost nothing being said — plenty of time for the mood to ease back into something like normalcy. Then they ended up at her room, and Emi was fairly intent on cementing this new state of affairs and not just saying "see you tomorrow". A tender expression of love was more than appropriate at that point.

How'd I do?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Atario wrote:
SiniisteR wrote:It was only that she expressed her feelings so many times at once that it started to become less 'breaking down a wall' and more acting out of character for me, especially since she's one of the most calm and collected girls out of them all.
Being calm and collected all the time takes effort. Bottling that up must result in some dam-busting when it stops.
SpunkySix wrote:
Sohtak wrote:I cried at both of those parts but Emi's good ending always rubbed me wrong

It's like "We just visited your fathers grave it's time for sex" like...no

It didn't feel right to me and it felt awkward.
:|

...so, like, is this a good spot to step in and interject, or am I not supposed to do that anymore?
Can I try for you? Oh, lemme!

Ahem.

It wasn't just a visit to a grave. It was Emi finally letting Hisao into her life fully. Accepting his presence in the innermost sanctum of her soul, which was something she strenuously avoided in her life generally to that point. An emotional catharsis and an extremely vulnerable moment. And he responded delicately and well. Then they traveled back home, with almost nothing being said — plenty of time for the mood to ease back into something like normalcy. Then they ended up at her room, and Emi was fairly intent on cementing this new state of affairs and not just saying "see you tomorrow". A tender expression of love was more than appropriate at that point.

How'd I do?
TK8305 wrote:I guess you could look at it like, lets celebrate life and relish the time we have together and not think about all that horrible stuff.
@Spunky
You can interject at anytime. I can handle being criticized or told what I thought is wrong. I'm fully admit I am a moron a good 9/10 times and interpet things wrong.

But after reading all the responses I guess it makes more sense now in hindsight...At the time...it didn't feel right. The way I saw it was...I was sad, I had tears down my cheeks and it was a sad moment then suddenly they are fucking. It felt..really awkward to read out a sex scene while I'm bawling my eyes out and I guess..that affected my opinion on the scene.

But as I said..after reading all of your responses I guess it makes more sense...Hisao being let into her life fully..a celebration of life and relishing time together...I suppose now it does seem more natural.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:Seems like a perfect time for sex, really. That's sad shit. Endorphins are literally happiness in chemical form. Sex = endorphins. Good timing, Emi. :lol:
Reminds me of the 'Up, Horny, Down' phenomenon I saw on a sitcom about paramedics. Apparently death can put you through three stages;
Up - A stage of ecstacy; "Oh boy, I'm glad it wasn't me who died!"
Horny - Realising that it was you who could have died, you feel the need to create offspring, to ensure your own genetics follow on to the next generation.
Down - The death finally sinks in, on an emotional level. To make matters worse, you realise what you've just been doing and feel guilty for being so happy regarding this person's death.
Potato wrote:
brythain wrote: I think Munch got it the other way around.
So Har-nukko is the British pronunciation?

...Still, where's the R come from? :lol:
Nah, in that video where he sings about Hanako tasting like bacon, that's how he says it :P Ain't he American?
I put the R in, since that's the same way I'd pronounce 'Car' - as if he was saying Car-nako

II'll get on vocaroo later, this is hard to discuss via text :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

There's no R sound in there at all, no idea where you're getting that from other than thinking there's an unvoiced R somewhere.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Har-nukko isnt the british pronounciation either, im british, as are all of my friends who've played KS. We all say Hannah-Ko.
No idea where the R came from.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:Can I try for you? Oh, lemme!

Ahem.

How'd I do?
You're missing like, eight paragraphs, three diagrams and a video demonstration, but other than that, I approve.

And thank you Sohtak, I was just kidding because I tend to respond with long multi-paragraph dissertations when things like this are said.
Last edited by SpunkySix on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote:There's no R sound in there at all, no idea where you're getting that from other than thinking there's an unvoiced R somewhere.
Nevermind, after an hour or two alone to my thoughts in the warehouse I've figured it out :P

I'm mistaken and I mean to say a long 'aah' noise, not an 'ar'. I was relating it to how we in Leicester say the word 'car', which is more of a 'Kaah' pronunciation.
Because in the midlands we are all illiterate, just varying degrees depending in where abouts you're from :lol:

So, I guess I mean you lot generally seem to pronounce it as 'Haa-nako', whereas we use a shorter 'hah-nako'. Not too dissimilar to the difference between pronunciation on other names like Mario and Hans
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
d2r

Post by d2r »

Munchenhausen wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:There's no R sound in there at all, no idea where you're getting that from other than thinking there's an unvoiced R somewhere.
Nevermind, after an hour or two alone to my thoughts in the warehouse I've figured it out :P

I'm mistaken and I mean to say a long 'aah' noise, not an 'ar'. I was relating it to how we in Leicester say the word 'car', which is more of a 'Kaah' pronunciation.
Because in the midlands we are all illiterate, just varying degrees depending in where abouts you're from :lol:

So, I guess I mean you lot generally seem to pronounce it as 'Haa-nako', whereas we use a shorter 'hah-nako'. Not too dissimilar to the difference between pronunciation on other names like Mario and Hans
I pronounce it as follows:

"Ha" as in "Hans"

"Na" as in "Sauna"

"Ko" as in "Koala"
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:You're missing like, eight paragraphs, three diagrams and a video demonstration, but other than that, I approve.
Thanks! I was gonna use the puppets, but Kenji stole 'em.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Ha as in hand, or ha as in halt?

In any case, if Google's to be believed, hand, nap, ko (but really, really weak on the k sound) is correct for 華子 (enable Flash, click the speaker icon in the input text box): https://translate.google.com/#ja/en/%E8%8F%AF%E5%AD%90
Last edited by bhtooefr on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

To me, Ha as in Hand.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:To me, Ha as in Hand.
Which accent? Received English, I presume?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

We already have threads about this.
bhtooefr wrote:words & links
And to be honest, the pronunciation in that link blows. Hard. It appears to use the rules for the target language, not the source language, which is, well... completely contrary to the point.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I was saying to use the one in the input box, not the output box, for what it's worth. But, it does seem to differ from other pronunciations anyway...
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

D'oh. So you were.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.