Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by bhtooefr »

Neurological disabilities tend to fit into the "physical" side of things.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'm trying to remember something here. Which character was is that told Hisao Yamaku didn't accept mental disabilities?

Anyway,I do remember Hisao mentioning that he had to apply to Yamaku. I'd imagine they have somebody that looks over the application and decided whether or not Yamaku would be suitable for their particular problems (if any). It stands to reason that something like the exclusion of mental problems wouldn't be something that's 100% in stone. If it's not a learning disability, the faculty may allow for some exceptions.
Not Dead Yet
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Presents and Presence wrote:Hisao: "Not everyone in Yamaku's disabled…"

Which I only learned a handful of days ago. I give silent thanks to Shizune and Misha for their stream of information about how the school works. Because of them, I found out that since the school will accept practically anybody suffering from non-mental disabilities, it doesn't discriminate against healthy people either. It seems unlikely that many in good health would enroll there though. While the standard of education is pretty high, it's extremely isolated and very much focused on helping disabled students.

Hideaki: "You're dodging the question."

Damn, he's sharp. Before I can say another word though, he decides to take a stab at it himself.

Hideaki: "If I were to call it myself… your heart?"

Akira looks mildly curiously at me, her interest piqued as well. That sure was a lucky guess.

Hisao: "How did you…?"

Hideaki: "You show no missing limbs or deformities, so external disabilities are out. Considering the lack of any strange mannerisms, it's also unlikely that you'd have any mental disability."

Lilly: "But Yamaku doesn't take mentally disabled students."

Hideaki: "I know."
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

So I recently got hired at a new job that I've wanted for a long time and I read Katawa Shoujo about a year ago now. In celebration of the new job, I decided to let myself stop reading Fate / Stay Night and restart where my VN hobby began; Katawa Shoujo. I can't wait to give this VN a re-read.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

Potato

Post by Potato »

Denabu wrote:So I recently got hired at a new job that I've wanted for a long time and I read Katawa Shoujo about a year ago now. In celebration of the new job, I decided to let myself stop reading Fate / Stay Night and restart where my VN hobby began; Katawa Shoujo. I can't wait to give this VN a re-read.
What, all that and we don't get to know what the job is? :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I didn't know Hanako made video games in her spare time.

Also
Dont judge me...
Its stupidly fun, and she has drills.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I didn't know Hanako made video games in her spare time.
She does. They're just not too good. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I didn't know Hanako made video games in her spare time.

Dont judge me...
Its stupidly fun, and she has drills.
yes the game is fun, and the amount of ways to die is hilarious:))
also the character (whoose name i forgot and too lazy to google) looks alot like Misha, just less bubbly and more skinny. but overall it reminds me alot of misha <3 so yeah Misha Queen of the Wahahoos!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I want to play that, but the queen is too darn cute and I don't want to get her hurt. It'd be like leading Misha to her doom... terrible.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:I want to play that, but the queen is too darn cute and I don't want to get her hurt. It'd be like leading Misha to her doom... terrible.
I play that a lot and my niece loves the game, being a lot more sadistic than I am. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote:I want to play that, but the queen is too darn cute and I don't want to get her hurt. It'd be like leading Misha to her doom... terrible.
several times and in a diferent way every time:))
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

Potato wrote:
Denabu wrote:So I recently got hired at a new job that I've wanted for a long time and I read Katawa Shoujo about a year ago now. In celebration of the new job, I decided to let myself stop reading Fate / Stay Night and restart where my VN hobby began; Katawa Shoujo. I can't wait to give this VN a re-read.
It's a job as a QA Engineer at Redstorm Entertainment in North Carolina. Been trying to use this game design degree for something for 2 years and it finally panned out. I'm extremely excited and I start on Monday.

brythain

Post by brythain »

Denabu wrote:
Potato wrote:
It's a job as a QA Engineer at Redstorm Entertainment in North Carolina. Been trying to use this game design degree for something for 2 years and it finally panned out. I'm extremely excited and I start on Monday.
Congratulations! Does that make you an official beta tester? :) Have a great week ahead!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

Congratulations! Does that make you an official beta tester? :) Have a great week ahead!
Pretty much, getting paid to attempt to break the game and find the most ridiculous bugs possible, with the chance of being promoted in the future to something even better.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Denabu wrote:
Pretty much, getting paid to attempt to break the game and find the most ridiculous bugs possible, with the chance of being promoted in the future to something even better.
do you need to change residence or how does it work? anyway congrats on the awesome job:D