Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Aura wrote:
Zarys wrote:Hello guys, nobody knows the meaning of the katana in the second box ? (What the therapist wrote)
http://i.imgur.com/bI8Lo.png
少年 - boy
Ah, I was looking at them backwords. That makes sense.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

turbulentDuvet wrote:This needs to be kerbed soon, they are gaining traction already (looks like everyone loves KS)

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/13 ... -shoujo-2/

Also:

http://www.gadgetspalace.com/there-will ... ujo-2.html

^ This one looks like it has been fed to google translate twice ^ :/

The articles went up yesterday, the writer says he has played through KS (adult bits turned off)... Too much spare time :O

Journalists are stupid, don't are about it.

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Aura wrote:
Zarys wrote:Hello guys, nobody knows the meaning of the katana in the second box ? (What the therapist wrote)
http://i.imgur.com/bI8Lo.png
少年 - boy
Ah, I was looking at them backwords. That makes sense.
I was expecting something more nasty. (The psychiatrist looks like a psychopath, I don't know why) :lol:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

The way that it's worded with the random adults made it sound so dirty... allow me to embellish:
"We 'finished' adult enjoying the game."

Dirty jokes aside, I don't think the writer of article two really read up on the subject, due to her misunderstanding of the license which is fairly simple, if I may say so myself. Now, that aside article one and 2 are the same with a couple of strange mistranslations, so I'll just leave the first link out for simplicity. I've never heard of either technologytell or gadgetspalace from my vast network (friends who read on this sort of thing) nor been linked to it, so saying that they are gaining traction is a bit early at this point. There's plenty of internet tabloids of this sort, so I wouldn't be too worried about it as a community member. (Although, if I found out someone was doing this and I worked on KS I would inform them of their error and perhaps quash them a month later if they didn't apologize openly.)
Zarys wrote:The psychiatrist looks like a psychopath, I don't know why
He's portrayed in black and white entirely, a common fear expression in a lot of anime and culture I've seen, but the same is true for a lot of comics, so it's moot. He is, however, hunched over and has no eyes (a starting artist's biggest fear are often either hands or eyes.) But that's me psychoanalyzing two people over the internet. You may just have had a bad experience with messy beards in the past.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Broomhead wrote:
The way that it's worded with the random adults made it sound so dirty... allow me to embellish:
"We 'finished' adult enjoying the game."

Dirty jokes aside, I don't think the writer of article two really read up on the subject, due to her misunderstanding of the license which is fairly simple, if I may say so myself. Now, that aside article one and 2 are the same with a couple of strange mistranslations, so I'll just leave the first link out for simplicity. I've never heard of either technologytell or gadgetspalace from my vast network (friends who read on this sort of thing) nor been linked to it, so saying that they are gaining traction is a bit early at this point. There's plenty of internet tabloids of this sort, so I wouldn't be too worried about it as a community member. (Although, if I found out someone was doing this and I worked on KS I would inform them of their error and perhaps quash them a month later if they didn't apologize openly.)
Zarys wrote:The psychiatrist looks like a psychopath, I don't know why
He's portrayed in black and white entirely, a common fear expression in a lot of anime and culture I've seen, but the same is true for a lot of comics, so it's moot. He is, however, hunched over and has no eyes (a starting artist's biggest fear are often either hands or eyes.) But that's me psychoanalyzing two people over the internet. You may just have had a bad experience with messy beards in the past.
NO MESSY BEARDS ! HHHNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG! (Heart attack caused by fear !)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Got back from seeing Dawn of the Planet of the Apes at the cinema and one of the trailers was for the next Matthew Vaughn film, Kingsmen: The Secret Service. You can imagine my surprise when towards the end of trailer, it briefly depicted a girl with running blades going all kung fu against an opponent. Now think of Emi doing that. I was already intrigued by the trailer, but I think that sold me.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I'd be totally glad to see that in some mainstream media Rhodri. More awareness may mean more acceptance, as history shows, and media is the best way to do that. Especially since it is in English, since then it'll travel farther. (Trade Language and all)

I'm back in action.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

So, After not playing KS for nearly a month (I had to move) and jumping right into it...man it feels good to be back at Yamaku!

Also Hisao likes to complain about the Cafeteria food doesn't he? I mean my school lunches were never 5 star grand meals with caviar but shit it wasn't THAT bad, Even if it was mostly Mac n Cheese or Pizza or some weird ass cheese sandwich.

Feel like he's over-reacting just a bit lol
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Sohtak wrote:So, After not playing KS for nearly a month (I had to move) and jumping right into it...man it feels good to be back at Yamaku!

Also Hisao likes to complain about the Cafeteria food doesn't he? I mean my school lunches were never 5 star grand meals with caviar but shit it wasn't THAT bad, Even if it was mostly Mac n Cheese or Pizza or some weird ass cheese sandwich.

Feel like he's over-reacting just a bit lol
I have never had food from the school Cafeteria, but it certainly never looked appetizing, and most people I know described it as crap, with a few exceptions. But that's an American public school. You would think that an expensive private institution like Yamaku would be able to afford better food. I guess some things are just universal.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

You may not have what I call the "Cilantro Inefficiency" (Coriander Inefficiency in some places.)

Some foods taste differently to other people, and tongues vary in ability across towns, much less nations. I personally can't stand a lot of spicy foods, I nearly puked when I first had Carne Asade, but thankfully I had water close by. I also know someone who has a similar reaction to cake and ice cream, stating that it's like biting a salt lick for sugar. I (in my own opinion) have a very sensitive tongue as well, I'm able to tell the difference in water from the three cities in my area. A lot of school food is, in my area, lowest bidder made due to funding issues, so the flavour comes from spices such as Cilantro (Coriander) and garlic etc, to cover for the bread/"Pasta"/Pizza tasting like cardboard. (That pasta was like a brick if you were in the middle of the line, an ice cube if you were in front, and soup if you were in the back. Sucked any way though.) Cilantro tastes very differently to different people due to some chemicals in your mouth or sommat (this is all stuff I just know from living, not research in any form btw, so it may be slightly inaccurate.) so it tastes different to different people, as far as I know, the majority of people think it tastes bad when they taste it, but I know people who like it. That and Hisao's picky. I mean, he has 1-2 entire weeks to fall in love and still winds up with Kenji half the time! It's like some divine force was inaccurately guiding him towards that picnic.

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Why they are fan-art about Hanako masturbating ? :? (20 in the mishimmie with the "masturbation hanako" tag, and not with the other girls except one of two)
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Zarys: Significant majority of the people who play Katawa have her route traveled. (Strange wording sorry.) Thus, you get a wider range of fan art, that and also she's a bit... shall I say resistant to sex when she first has it, so it's safe to say (as I'm sure most of us are aware) she needs to replace it with something. :wink: That and also she seems more likely to be the starting point for most players, her or Emi, so she may be the first person they "meet" but then get a little bit detached to her when they find their ideal (Emi, Rin, Lilly, Shizune, Misha, etc.) waifu.

I'm back in action.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Zarys wrote:Why they are fan-art about Hanako masturbating ? :?
Why not?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
Why not?
Exactly.

Why not have so much fan art of Hanako petting the kitty? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Broomhead wrote:so she may be the first person they "meet" but then get a little bit detached to her when they find their ideal (Emi, Rin, Lilly, Shizune, Misha, etc.) waifu.
Hanako is best waifu hahahaha

That being said...I can't look at Rule 34 stuff of her. Despite her being my favorite girl. It just feels weird. Doesn't mean I haven't seen it of course.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
Why not?
Why not more?

Oh, and have we made a Blade Runner pun yet? I feel it's relevant enough.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"