Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ParagonTerminus

Random KS Discussion

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Rather than posting a thread for every little thing you want to say, use this thread to make minor personal announcemens that really don't belong anywhere else.

For example:

"Today I completed [PATH]"

"Today I did [ACTION INVOLVING KS]"

"Today I converted another person to the glory of the Hanabros"

And etc.

Begin.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Today I replayed the entire of Rins route out of boredom and managed to regain the same feels, I also completed chapter 4 of my Rin Epilogue, (May be worth posting chapters 2-3 up, since only 1 is actually on the forums.)

Also paragon I swear to god if you bring FTL into another discussion..

Played so much of that damn game i got bored of it.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Hrm. :|

Notice: thread's still for KS discussion. Should people decide to emphasize the "random" part of the title instead, swift locking will happen.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ParagonTerminus

Silentcook wrote:Hrm. :|

Notice: thread's still for KS discussion. Should people decide to emphasize the "random" part of the title instead, swift locking will happen.
I'll try and do what I can to maintain order.
CoffeeDrive wrote:Today I replayed the entire of Rins route out of boredom and managed to regain the same feels, I also completed chapter 4 of my Rin Epilogue, (May be worth posting chapters 2-3 up, since only 1 is actually on the forums.)

Also paragon I swear to god if you bring FTL into another discussion..

Played so much of that damn game i got bored of it.
Where did I say I was going to involve FTL? :lol:

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I don't think Hisao is that bad at drawing actually. His bird was pretty good.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:I don't think Hisao is that bad at drawing actually. His bird was pretty good.
I agree, With a little more time it couldve been a good picture.

On a slightly unrelated note, my wallpaper is the Rin+Hisao Smoking in the atelier scene, and I noticed that there is a picture of Rin and Lilly having what seems to be a fight off to the right of the pair..
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Atario

Post by Atario »

Looks like she drew herself as SlenderRin.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Today I asked myself, "Is it true that Hisao must always be a boring fanfic character or he wouldn't be Hisao?"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

brythain wrote:Today I asked myself, "Is it true that Hisao must always be a boring fanfic character or he wouldn't be Hisao?"
I think best-Hisao is one that takes his original qualities in the VN and amplifies them somewhat. For example, we see flashes of an innate scientific curiosity, which can be expanded upon via how he sees the world around him. He's pretty kind as well. Couple that with a few flashes of wit, and you've got a not-so-boring protagonist.

I think everyone complains about Hisao being vanilla because he's a subtle character, and the others simply aren't. The closest one being Lilly, I suppose, but even she has a whole subset of deep-rooted issues that get expounded upon, at least a little, in her route. It's also difficult to illustrate change from a first-person perspective, especially over a short period (I think the longest route is Shizune's, and that's like, 3 months? Tops?). Hisao simply doesn't notice his own development in a lot of cases. But you see it clearly in Lilly's route, and even more so in Rin's.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:I don't think Hisao is that bad at drawing actually. His bird was pretty good.
THANK YOU. Fucking critics. :lol: That bird was better than anything I could ever do...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Today I asked myself, "If Hisao were actually Mutou's disciple, what would his future be like? And would a prequel to KS have had Mutou as a protagonist?"

That led me to, "Who is Mutou, really?"

Ah, questions, questions...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:
THANK YOU. Fucking critics. :lol: That bird was better than anything I could ever do...
Hell, I thought his picture of Rin was pretty cute.

See, this is what happens when you get good artists to try to produce bad art. They can't!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
ParagonTerminus

Today I realised I was slightly insane.

I was just scrolling through the forums when suddenly, the thought appears: "You are what you eat, right? So if I were to eat Hisao, I would become a pimp!"

dafuq

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

brythain wrote:Today I asked myself, "If Hisao were actually Mutou's disciple, what would his future be like? And would a prequel to KS have had Mutou as a protagonist?"

Mutou already has a prequel of his own.
They air it on the BBC under the name Doctor Who :P
would it be a prequel or a sequel? Or both? Gawd, Time Travel makes shit difficult
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
brythain wrote:Today I asked myself, "If Hisao were actually Mutou's disciple, what would his future be like? And would a prequel to KS have had Mutou as a protagonist?"

Mutou already has a prequel of his own.
They air it on the BBC under the name Doctor Who :P
would it be a prequel or a sequel? Or both? Gawd, Time Travel makes shit difficult
Hence my question, if you look carefully: "Who is Mutou, really?" :D