Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:I think Kenji needed a good end. A real manly picnic.
I actually agree. Kenji deserves some happiness, and someone to keep his mind off of feminist propaganda.
Potato

Post by Potato »

KeiichiO wrote:
I actually agree. Kenji deserves some happiness, and someone to keep his mind off of feminist propaganda.
I'm still annoyed that book theft mystery never led to any Yuuko/Kenji interaction...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

KeiichiO wrote:
Yes! I wish more people agreed with us. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I'm in the "gotta get all the endings for a girl to be able to really call yourself a fan of that girl" camp.

I think you can be a KS fan without 100% completion (and, really, Rin's route was an exercise in grinding through to get 100%, for me, I didn't care for it at all), but you need to be able to take the bad with the good.

Also, think of it this way, for those that think Hanako is their waifu but don't play her bad ending... how would Hanako think of you if you skipped her bad ending out of pity for her, especially if you got everyone else's bad endings? Oh, right, you didn't play her bad ending, so you don't see the full impact of what she'd think.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

bhtooefr wrote:I'm in the "gotta get all the endings for a girl to be able to really call yourself a fan of that girl" camp.
Well, I'm in the "That's completely ridiculous" club. No one should be able to deny you a fan of something. Period.
Also, think of it this way, for those that think Hanako is their waifu but don't play her bad ending... how would Hanako think of you if you skipped her bad ending out of pity for her, especially if you got everyone else's bad endings? Oh, right, you didn't play her bad ending, so you don't see the full impact of what she'd think.
I don't think the people that skip out on Hanako's bad ending are doing it out of pity for her. I can't speak for everyone, but I avoided it for awhile simply because I was content with the ending I got, and didn't need to see the other ones at the time. It was later when I was bored that I went back and viewed them for the sake of viewing them, though, I could have gone my entire life without them, honestly. They're pretty unsatisfying compared to the good ending, and not just because you don't end up with her. I just think they're nothing special.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I believe you dont actually see the "Bad Side" of the girl (Except for shizune, who dosent seem to show a badside throughout her whole route, and yet you still cheat on her, boo you hisao.) unless you do all of their route, including all the endings. There are numerous things you only see during the game if you take the bad ending, except for lillys route, since her good ending is just a direct continuation of her normal, and dosent branch off at all.

I mean really, things like Hanakos meltdown you see her in a VERY different light if you actually do play her Bad Ending.
I know im going to get alot of crap for saying this but, I really think Hanako overreacted in her bad ending, I understand she didnt want the smothering but damn, Hisao was just trying to help. No need to go nuclear.

As for the topic at the moment, I actually liked Emis bad ending, it really was just a "Sorry Hisao, we arnt gonna work" Which is kinda sad when you know that they CAN infact work really well, but the Hisao you made throughout the story (No space for you Emi, sorry.) fucks that shit up.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I know im going to get alot of crap for saying this but, I really think Hanako overreacted in her bad ending, I understand she didnt want the smothering but damn, Hisao was just trying to help. No need to go nuclear.
Nah man, I completely agree. While I do think Hisao was being a total clod in ignoring evident cues, Hanako's reaction was completely and utterly of the over variety. I personally think she didn't mean everything she said though, and that it was pretty much emotion in its purest form oozing out of her, but that doesn't really excuse her behavior.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, Hanako herself even admits that essentially she's been stuck at 8 years old in many ways...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
I'm still annoyed that book theft mystery never led to any Yuuko/Kenji interaction...
I had completely forgotten about that!
In one case, I feel it had an imperial fucktonne of potential for a further side story with a bunch of subtle hints that you'd need to re-read to fully comprehend.
On the other hand, I kinda feel like because it wasn't touched upon ever again was pretty awesome, because it's like real life in the sense that Hisao had nothing to do with that at all and he wasn't wrangled into it.

Like if this scenario happened at your school you probably woudn't have anything to do with it, because you're not your bog-standard anime protagonist that is dragged into every little side plot ever.

I dunno. Does that make sense?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
ogorhan wrote:I played through all routes and got the endings that were good...
@Spunky: Hisao's a jerk in that ending...But Emi's a vile cunt in that ending so it balances out. :P (Fun fact: That was my first ending. I even failed the second chance Misha offers XD)

I find it mildly amusing how Oddball's post about people not doing the bad ends being wusses is fine but mine is ridiculous just for using a different-yet-synonymous word. :lol:
...is she? Hisao completely rushes in and invades her privacy and personal boundaries after repeated warnings against it, not just from her but from others as well, then tries to use her dead dad as leverage against her, then blows Misha off when she tries to help him, gives a half-assed apology and lets her run away without even trying to do anything more than that.

Obviously Emi isn't a perfect angel in this scenario... she is at fault here too for totally shutting off like that all of a sudden and the phrasing was likely a spur of the moment mistake on Hisao's part so it's not quite as bad as it looks, but that still was a seriously, seriously shitty thing to have done to her regardless of phrasing and I'm not totally sure I blame her for not wanting to be with Hisao, just for the specific way she ended it. Even then, she's not a cunt, she's a seriously hurt person who feels totally let down and in a sense betrayed.

Also, no, his was just as bad, I just thought pussy was more extreme as a word. Thing is, even after seeing this ending, my opinion of Emi hasn't changed in the slightest. This was the foregone conclusion to Hisao fucking up and getting her to stonewall permanently, and that's fairly clear even if all you get is the good ending. It's not a good thing, but I've accepted it and it doesn't overcome her good qualities to me, not even close. I don't see why I had to play this ending to consider myself a fan of her. It was certainly interesting and I'm glad I did, so I suppose I should thank you for that, but it wasn't essential. Even long before I did, I still felt more for her than I ever have for a character, was able to put a well thought-out essay together on why she was awesome, and knew pretty much everything there was to know about her canonically. Seeing the bad end didn't change that or give me this totally altered view of her or anything, it just showed me, yeah, see, this is the bullet you dodged when you made the right choice. It's exactly what you're told it would be on your way to the good ending, nothing more, nothing less, and I probably could have told you almost exactly what happened before I saw the scene even.

ANYHOO, yes. Kenji/Yuuko had too much potential. I mean, we have fanfics, but something really should have come from that at some point. Maybe if you completed the game 100%, you get a short route where you play as Kenji and reconcile with Yuuko or something. I like what Munch said too, that does make sense.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Random though; how would a KS made with rpgmaker play like :D ?

and on a unrelated note Corpse Party is an awesome game and so is its sequel book of shadows (which is also kind of a VN)
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ogorhan wrote:Random though; how would a KS made with rpgmaker play like :D ?
Probably the same, but with more weird lapses where you're just sort of walking around for a while in the halls.

UNLESS they made the choices of who to see less railroaded and made it into more of an open world Yamaku where choices are less defined as clear A or B decisions. Then that might actually be pretty freaking awesome. Like, you can decide who to go to the fair with if you have equal points with two girls by physically moving to one or the other, you can decide who to eat lunch with if there's a conflict, which clubs to go to and when, or you can make the choice to keep going despite signs of a possible heart attack on the track by either continuing to move with the arrow keys, or just letting go and stopping like normal. Stuff like that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:*Defensive Spunky*
Hmmm. Every time someone says something negative about Emi, Spunky writes a long, drawn out response trying to prove them wrong...

*Rubs hands together maliciously*

Anyways, I could see a KS game made in RPG Maker working kinda like the dating aspect in Harvest Moon where you gain affection points by talking to a certain girl and giving her specific gifts, only I'd think it could be handled much better. Instead of giving them the same gift every day, going to sleep and repeating the process the next day, I think affection points can be gained through the decisions you make, like how you end up on a route in the actual game.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Hate to break the flow of the conversation but I don't think this belongs in the 'You have been playing too much KS when...' thread, so I'll just leave this here

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Rhodri wrote:Hate to break the flow of the conversation but I don't think this belongs in the 'You have been playing too much KS when...' thread, so I'll just leave this here

This is one of my all-time favorite videos on YouTube.