Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oscar Wildecat

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

metalangel wrote:One year my high school's yearbook had a "nothing club" in which they listed every student who wasn't involved in anything. Badge of honour, I felt.
Heh. Kinda like "The Go-Home Club".
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Atario

Post by Atario »

metalangel wrote:One year my high school's yearbook had a "nothing club" in which they listed every student who wasn't involved in anything. Badge of honour, I felt.
Haha, that's great. Bet it was the biggest club by far, too.

It's funny, comparing the usual "Japanese school club system" we're all familiar with to my own club experience. In the Japanese scenario, it seems like everyone's in exactly one club (sometimes by explicit administrative requirement). But in my school, people were usually either in no clubs at all (vast majority of students, I think), or they were in several. I'm the opposite of a "joiner", but I was in three (CSF, Math, and Chess; would have been in Computer too, but we didn't have one). I think I knew some people who were in a half-dozen, easily. The meetings were a lot thinner on the calendar than the daily stuff we tend to see for Japan.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

My school had a club that took trips to Japan and stuff. Sadly, I did not learn about this until it was beyond my reach. I wonder how many years Mutou tried to kickstart a science club before Hisao finally latched on...
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

So my friend linked me something.
"Are you ready kids??"
"I can’t hearrrrrrrr youuuuuuu~"
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I'm familiar with the club system.

Usually, book club/literature club are grouped into one and often read/write or do anything that relates to books--at least that's what I can remember on my first year. A good way to get-rid that chuunibyou-ness that tends to run around in your head at that age :lol:

Then I joined the student council on my second and third year.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Atario

Post by Atario »

Megumeru wrote:I joined the student council on my second and third year.
I don't know why I hadn't guessed this sooner :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

I can remember being part of a short-lived science club within my third and fourth years of primary school, when I was a whee lad. After moving schools about 5 years later, I became a (somewhat background) member of my High School's Student Council. Held that post on and off for about two years.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

For the last two years of my Post-16 education, I was in the student council (or "Students With Voices" because they wanted it to sound more appealing).

All I did was make jokes and drink the complimentary coffee.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Am i the only who is somewhere there is not student councils but only class representatives ? :P
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Munchenhausen wrote:For the last two years of my Post-16 education, I was in the student council (or "Students With Voices" because they wanted it to sound more appealing).

From what I'm hearing, is it true that student council outside seems to be a lot more lenient? I was the secretary back then, and I can remember that I spent 10% of my time wondering why I joined in the first place, 10% cursing the president, 20% cursing the school, 20% in school work, and 40% trying to balance that while being draggdd around for council work by the president and vice president.

Good times :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

My school didn't even have any form of student government, but then it was a school for behaviorally handicapped and learning disabled kids, so...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

bhtooefr wrote:My school didn't even have any form of student government, but then it was a school for behaviorally handicapped and learning disabled kids, so...
Seriously ?! :o It was as much cool as Yamaku ? How many amazing and beautiful disabled girls have you dated ? :P
I would be ready to sacrifice so much more than a functional heart for an Hanako or a Lilly. :(
Last edited by Zarys on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

9th-12th Year -
  • Male Singing Group - One of the only two low basses, I got to be the teacher's favorite target for a while.
    Writer's Society - First half of the year we wasted our time trying to organize a poetry showcase when no-one was interested.
    I was also part of an unofficial favoritism club with my English Teacher that occasionally led to walks where we discussed books or philosophy.
Beyond that, I've been in and out of student council ever since 7th year, mostly getting the position through the equivalent of a field promotion. (A teacher literally pulled me into his office once and told me I was replacing the previous class rep. because they were leaving the school permanently.) The majority of our duties were to say yes to spirit days and occasionally talk about how horrid bullying was and do nothing about it.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
brythain

Post by brythain »

You people all sound terribly literary, arty-farty types. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:For the last two years of my Post-16 education, I was in the student council (or "Students With Voices" because they wanted it to sound more appealing).

From what I'm hearing, is it true that student council outside seems to be a lot more lenient?
Thinking about it, I'm not too sure if mine was an actual Student Council, per sé. It was literally just a bunch of kids would meet in the hall once every two weeks and discuss an agenda. Stuff like potential uniforms (we weren't required to have one when i was there, but they brought them in the year i left :P ) bullying campaigns, charity events etc.

I remember I offered to help train student volunteers into a 17th Century-style regiment, complete with Drum & Fife, Regimental Colour and officer's uniform. I was just pissing about, but one of the staff there started to take it seriously. I had never regretted a joke as much as I did then.
Thankfully, it was rejected from the start :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon