Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Zarys »

dewelar wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Lilly is what actually confuses me the most, so i'm not going to bother.
I tend to believe she started to have feelings for Hisao around the time they meet on the road into town in Act 1. However, at that point she was more focused on Hisao as a friend (or maybe more) for Hanako, and so either put her own feelings aside or disregarded them until she couldn't anymore. That's why they came out in such a flood in the wheat field -- it was the bursting of the dam.

Am I the only one to think that the attitude of Lilly "Eh ! this guy migt want her ! I have to stick him with her because it's her only chance of pulling a lad" is a bit condescending ? :mrgreen: (if well-intentionned)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Guest Poster, nothing about my answer ? are you okay with my nuance or not ? (I ask because you seems to very well understand Hanako since your amazing fanfic Sisterhood)
I'm hardly an authority on her. My interpretation of her is merely one of many.

Anyway, when Hisao confesses to Hanako that he loves her, she replies that she's wanted to hear that for so long. Since her route only takes 6 weeks, it suggests she picked up feelings for him quite quickly.

If I had to think of a reason Hanako would quickly pick up a crush on Hisao, I'd say it's a sense of familiarity. Of all the girls Hisao can date in the VN, Hanako's the person most similar to himself or rather, most similar to the way Hisao is at the start of Act 1.

At the start of the VN, Hisao is a messed-up kid who used to live a normal life until one bad day changed his life forever and during his long hospitalisation, he was essentially abandoned by the people he thought were his friends, leaving him rather cynical and depressed. When he arrives at Yamaku, he merely focusses on getting through the day, has no plans for his future and is rather passive, relying on his more assertive classmates to drag him into activities. Where games are concerned, he's playfull competitive, though not as overly as Shizune. (unless he starts dating her) Aside from games, he also likes reading. He's not overly social, even before his incident, he didn't have or felt like he needed that many friends, but he valued the ones he had. He hates the idea of being disabled or pitied, is very uncomfortable about the subject of his condition and dislikes the idea of other people learning about it.

I'm describing Hisao here, but this is basically also Hanako in a nutshell, it's just that Hanako is more extreme. Hanako's insecurities tend to cloud her judgement, but when they don't she can be pretty perceptive. It's quite possible that when they first started talking to each other, Hanako picked up a vibe from Hisao that she couldn't quite explain at first, but nevertheless felt familiar to her. She basically came to see him as a kindred spirit who was, in many ways, much like herself and because of that, it's not all that hard to believe she quickly took a strong liking to him despite her shyness.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Zarys wrote:
dewelar wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Lilly is what actually confuses me the most, so i'm not going to bother.
I tend to believe she started to have feelings for Hisao around the time they meet on the road into town in Act 1. However, at that point she was more focused on Hisao as a friend (or maybe more) for Hanako, and so either put her own feelings aside or disregarded them until she couldn't anymore. That's why they came out in such a flood in the wheat field -- it was the bursting of the dam.

Am I the only one to think that the attitude of Lilly "Eh ! this guy migt want her ! I have to stick him with her because it's her only chance of pulling a lad" is a bit condescending ? :mrgreen: (if well-intentionned)
We know that Hanako feels that Lilly doesn't see her as an equal, at least when she's at an emotionally low point, so I guess you're not the only one :D. Still, if we go by what Guest Poster said just above (i.e., that Hanako's feelings for Hisao began to develop very early on), which I think is fairly accurate, then it's more about Lilly recognizing Hanako's feelings and gently guiding her in that direction. That's as much true on Hanako's own route as I believe it to be on Lilly's. Besides, I very much picture Lilly being the matchmaker type, among her other motherly traits.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Guest Poster wrote:
On the other hand, the meeting between Hisao and Hanako is not really love at first sight and I don't really believe in the "This is an immediate chemistry of pheromones, otherwise it will never work", so I remain fairly neutral, I have no reason to say that it would not work, but no reason to say that everything would go as well as with Hisao.
Nevertheless, it's strongly suggested in the VN that Hanako developed a crush on Hisao extremely quickly, maybe even as early as the first act.
When Hisao first walks into Mutou's classroom he notices Hanako staring at him. So yes, the attraction started pretty early.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Liminaut wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
On the other hand, the meeting between Hisao and Hanako is not really love at first sight and I don't really believe in the "This is an immediate chemistry of pheromones, otherwise it will never work", so I remain fairly neutral, I have no reason to say that it would not work, but no reason to say that everything would go as well as with Hisao.
Nevertheless, it's strongly suggested in the VN that Hanako developed a crush on Hisao extremely quickly, maybe even as early as the first act.
When Hisao first walks into Mutou's classroom he notices Hanako staring at him. So yes, the attraction started pretty early.
One thing to remember though is that with introverted people, new kids can be threatening because they're foreign, so it's possible that at that point she was just plain freaked out or at the very least surprised.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

TheHivemind wrote: All the ladies want to ride Hisao like a Harley down a stretch of bad road from day one, except for Rin.
Aside from the fact that a dev said that crushes developed quickly, the hints are all there.

Emi's unusually interested in your health and safety (she admits that she had a crush on you ever since she crashed into you in the hallway in her arc although it's safe to assume it grew when you ran with her, and it was only a minor attraction in the hallway) fairly early on, which was a sign to me. (I'm good at picking up emotions like that, which doesn't make me any better at dealing with mine or others, sadly. Just insanely saddening to see all the heartbroken stares and resent between others.)

Hanako stares at you when you first walk into class, significantly different from her usually intense study of the ground. A fairly good sign, but she also handles you in the library, then snaps. While not definite, with the earlier act, it may mean she is trying to be around Hisao.

Lilly... well. It's kinda hard to find hints, but one can see she may be attracted to you in the town/walk back. Perhaps that's why she went shopping with him? (Pervy Lilly is cute Lilly.)

Shizune is also hard to tell, but as others have pointed out, she has an unnatural interest in you. While easily seen as academic or politeness, her range of emotions was telling for me. If she got so frustrated with you failing/disappointed with you supporting Lilly, I kinda guessed she had a crush on Hisao.

Although I haven't finished Rin, toward the end of act 1 she starts to act more... open? around him. She speaks more fluently, even if it's still Rinese.

Of course, this is all hindsight after finishing their arcs (aside from Rin) so it may be slightly skewed. But it was fairly clear around my second playthrough's act 2 that each girl liked you from the beginning.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Broomhead wrote: Although I haven't finished Rin, toward the end of act 1 she starts to act more... open? around him. She speaks more fluently, even if it's still Rinese.
I think Rin likes Hisao initially due to his attitude towards her painting. Whereas others look at the end product and are either amazed by it (Nomiya) or dismiss it (general public), Hisao is more interested in watching her paint (he even admits it himself in Act 1). An even more speculative idea would be that she was flirting with him on their first meeting (something along the lines of watching girls sleep), although I have a suspicion she was probably just messing him about then :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Broomhead wrote:
Shizune is also hard to tell, but as others have pointed out, she has an unnatural interest in you. While easily seen as academic or politeness, her range of emotions was telling for me. If she got so frustrated with you failing/disappointed with you supporting Lilly, I kinda guessed she had a crush on Hisao.
I think she sees Hisao as someone untainted by the Student Council's reputation, in need of a friend, in need a purpose to lift him from his depression... and likely an attraction too.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

That said, I still think Shizune should've ended up with with Misha. They just work better than my Hisao and Shizune.

I'm back in action.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Broomhead wrote:That said, I still think Shizune should've ended up with with Misha. They just work better than my Hisao and Shizune.
Loving someone does not entitle you to having them love you back.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

LordMarluxia wrote:I can't look at Hisao as a Master of Romance.
You're aware that's a sarcastic label, right?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

d2r wrote:
Broomhead wrote:That said, I still think Shizune should've ended up with with Misha. They just work better than my Hisao and Shizune.
Loving someone does not entitle you to having them love you back.
While this is true, I have to admit that if Shizune was in fact a lesbian or at least bi and everything else was exactly the same, her and Misha's relationship would probably be at least as nice if not more so than a lot of the canon relationships that can form.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

d2r wrote: Loving someone does not entitle you to having them love you back.
( I think I just heard Zarys's heart break a bit.)

Yes, but they'd make a cute and good couple. And my Hisao (the reasoning behind my choices, etc.) wouldn't have been as happy with Shizune (and visa versa) than Shizune x Misha in my opinion. 2>1, even if by a minuscule amount.

I'm back in action.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

They'd make an incredibly unhealthy couple.

Shizune treats Misha as an employee, not as a human. Misha ends up suppressing her own identity for Shizune's sake.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

bhtooefr wrote:They'd make an incredibly unhealthy couple.

Shizune treats Misha as an employee, not as a human. Misha ends up suppressing her own identity for Shizune's sake.
But doesnt this happen because Shizune has no feelings towards Misha and ends up acting like nothing ever changed between them? I think if she was a lesbian that they could be a great couple and Misha wouldnt have to supress her own identity and act more naturally instead of the all happy and bubbly girl all the time.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.