Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:M-Cubed (Misha Machine-gun Madness) ==> the Hello Kitty AR-15 :!: Wahaha~!

Maybe?
What the frick is going on with that Handle? Shit's at a 120° angle, like a fucken musket or some shit
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:M-Cubed (Misha Machine-gun Madness) ==> the Hello Kitty AR-15 :!: Wahaha~!

Maybe?
What the frick is going on with that Handle? Shit's at a 120° angle, like a fucken musket or some shit
It's a modification to the standard AR-15 handle that makes it "California Legal", or some such.

Speaking of Misha... I wonder how many item's on the Hello Kitty Hell list she would have?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I DON'T REMEMBER THIS SCENE IN EMI'S ROUTE
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
DSQ

Post by DSQ »

^
Poor Ainsley Hariott.

Having just played the game again (and getting help to get 100%) I'm a little, for lack of another phrase, bummed. Then I read Miki's Hisao route and then I got (I still wish I had a better way of putting this) really bummed.

Out of all of the endings none are more than just hopeful at the prospect of a long lasting relationship and none have the finality of a happy ending. Then who ends up with with their high school girl friend?

Probably like Hisao's own life all of these relationships will be short lived but that's real for first love.

What I also liked about Katawa Shoujo was none of the writers filled all the blanks. Even with Hisao - who is effectively our stand-in in the game - we get the general picture but no one sat the reader down and hand held us though his or any of the girls life story. I haven't played any other Visual Novels but often you'll find with YA fiction that the writers will stuff us with detail after detail on the lives and motivations of it's leads. Where they were born, their childhood dogs name, their shoe size etc, etc. Here there are only two stories being told: Life after Hisao's heart attack and the relationship with a girl at his new high school. Some times the girls past is a big part of the obstacles in the relationships but more often than not it isn't.

The fact that with two girls you couldn't get more than a neutral ending kinda shows that commitment to KS being about High School love.

So yeah I really liked the game (again) and I think that the ambiguous endings were good.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Munchenhausen wrote:I DON'T REMEMBER THIS SCENE IN EMI'S ROUTE
farty.jpg
Naughty Munch! Using a third party program to unlock the hidden routes!

edit: stoopid autocorrect
Last edited by 300BillionDegrees on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

After trying, and failing, to find a gun that required that the operator wear a blindfold. I think I found Lily's weapon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_gun
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

DSQ wrote:^
The fact that with two girls you couldn't get more than a neutral ending...
...Isn't a fact.

Been playing Zelda lately and now I can't stop picturing Akira taking care of a little-girl Lilly who just follows her around all day like

RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

Does anybody else think that Hanako and Violet from the incredibels would be like the perfect couple?
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

RandomHuman wrote:Does anybody else think that Hanako and Violet from the incredibels would be like the perfect couple?
That'd depend on their sexualities ;)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

RandomHuman wrote:Does anybody else think that Hanako and Violet from the incredibels would be like the perfect couple?
What about Emi and "Dash"? :mrgreen:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
RandomHuman

Post by RandomHuman »

Yeah I just think there really similer though, and Emi probably wouldnt like being the second fastest person in their realationship :')
"Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it" – Rafiki, Lion King

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken.... but it's still good...." - Stitch, Lilo and Stich
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
...Isn't Dash like...10 or something?
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Charmant wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:
...Isn't Dash like...10 or something?
No, he's 18, just like every other student in a high school themed VN :lol:
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

RandomHuman wrote:Emi probably wouldnt like being the second fastest person in their realationship :')
I, uh...misinterpreted this post as not being about running speed at first.

Tsk tsk.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

DSQ wrote:^
Then who ends up with with their high school girl friend?
I just got engaged to mine, which I think bodes well :D

That said, that Ainsley pic is horrifying. I think my brain has suppressed it as something that should just not exist.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.