Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Munchenhausen wrote:With my new HTC Vive set up, I decided to do a portrait of Rin in Google's fancy new 3D Art Studio, Tilt Brush.

What do you all think? ;)
Never change, Munch. Never change. :lol:
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Munchenhausen wrote:With my new HTC Vive set up, I decided to do a portrait of Rin in Google's fancy new 3D Art Studio, Tilt Brush.

What do you all think? ;)
[shimmie]1325[/shimmie]
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

I originally started a new thread but I read the rules so I'll post in here instead, sorry :oops: I figured well its "random KS discussion" so its as good as any to post in :lol:

Phew, this is going to be quite long, so bear with me.... :oops: ;)

Hey Guys (and girls :P )

This is KatawaHaremGod, and I don't know where else to put this but I don't really want to necro 2 year old threads and I'll just post here, sorry. :oops:

I vaguely knew of this game from 2012 when it came out but at the time I had no interest in it and I saw it was from 4chan and I was like LOL never mind :D . Life went on with its ups and downs until just 2 weeks ago, I was on a nighttime internet binge and I saw this game be reviewed on some website, I read the character intros, especially for Hanako and for some reason I broke down in tears :oops: :cry: . I'm actually a highly sensitive person, but in order to function in this world I had to suppress my feelings and emotions behind a wall of cynicism (like a less-crazy Kenji :P ) . I saw the crap that te world is going through, climate change, Trump :twisted: , Syria :( all that sh*t and I became VERY jaded and cynical, if only to prevent my heart from feeling feelings of sympathy for anyone or anything. My attitude was "the world is going to sh*t anyway, might as well f*** everything up and let it all burn. " :evil: On my other internet forum where I frequent (pm me to know me there :D ), I played up this image of being a harem and pr0n-obsessed otaku who was totally unashamed and openly perverted to any and all females in any game or anime I could get my grubby hands on. In real life, though, I was angry a lot of the time, lashing out at waitresses, screaming at telemarketers, I was not in a good state. Then, the game I vaguely remember and then totally forgot, Katawa Shoujo, came up and made me FEEL EMOTIONS again, after I had suppressed them for who knows how long. I used to cry a lot when I was a kid, but because I was bullied for it I learned to "suck it up" :evil: and enveloped my empathetic heart in a wall of steely cynicism. It took one look at a review of Katawa Shoujo and a quick read of the character descriptions for me to break down in a hail of tears. :cry: :oops: I HADN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME YET and I was already crying like a baby. Why? Probably because it was 4 AM and I was getting cranky and a little drunk, :D but seriously, Hanako's description (and the descriptions of the other girls) not so much tagged my heartstrings as ripped them to shreds. I sobbed for a good 15-20 minutes just trying and failing to read the review.

I then knew I HAD to play it, since it was, well, free! :twisted: I went on youtube to just get a quick peek of what I was heading to (no spoilers) and I saw the 5 animations by Mike Inel, listened to the music and the animations, and I thought "oh, what a beautiful, innocent world with 5(6) beautiful girls..." and I bawled AGAIN for like 10 minutes. It really felt like all the emotions I had stored up over the years and shut in my heart were coming out. I didn't even cry so much at my grandma's funeral, and here I was bawling my eyes out over a video game I HADN'T EVEN PLAYED YET! :oops: :cry: Yeah, it was that bad. :oops:

Then I finally downloaded and started playing it. :)

I hear "Wisnoa" BAM! tears start welling up again! NO! I have to at least start playing the damn game! :evil: So, I did, and... I got the Manly picnic :oops: :P
At least I laughed. ;) I kinda needed that comic relief. Though the splatter ending was kinda nasty sounding :P but I was like "YES 4Leaf studios king troll was awesome but won't do again" :lol: So, I used a gamefaqs guide (I REALLY didn't want Kenji's end again, though I admit it was :lol: and I kinda needed to laugh a bit tbh) to get on Shizune's route, because I lurked this forum and found out (without reading spoilers) that Shizune's route was the least popular, so I figured "well let's go from least to most" :lol:

I actually ended up enjoying Shizune's slower paced, slice-of-life route. :) While I didn't quite click with her on a romantic level (Misha was my girl in that route! :D ) her competitiveness was endearing, and that smug look she gives you with her glasses is quite cute tbh. :D I also found her quite pretty and the most "Asian-looking" of the girls due to her dark hair and eyes. I got the good ending first, because I kinda figured something was up when Misha said "are you thinking something dirty?" and I was like "uh no I like you but I *shouldn't* cheat". Then, however, Misha's lesbianism frankly shocked me into tears. :cry: :cry: So her cheerful happiness was only a facade, like my jaded cynicism. :cry: God, I cried like hell when she admitted her unrequited love for Shizune. Anyway, I DID save at the choice and I was like "well, let's go down the other way" and BAM Creepy H-scene with Misha, and lonely Shizune was also depressing as hell :cry: Toy cat was still in her bag, what the hell man :cry: One random thing though was why would a cafe that sells a "turkey sandwich" have a Chinese name like "Shanghai?" Also, I don't think turkey sandwiches are common (or cheap) in Japan, in my headcanon I changed it to "Ten-Soba" (Tempura Soba, I originally thought Udon but hey Sendai is in Eastern Japan so it should be Soba ;) ) if you don't mind ;) .

(One more random thought: Should the Yamaku students speak Tohoku-ben rather than standard Japanese? Seeing as its in Sendai and all... Oh, and should Date Masamune make an appearance! :twisted: :twisted: He built Sendai, after all ;) )

Hideaki was hilarious :P , Jigoro seemed like an asshole but I think he would fit quite well in a more action-packed series. :twisted: I actually wouldn't mind a little prelude for him in his youth, see why he's like he is now. :lol: (and include lots of katana action :lol: )

So I finished up Shizune, and I'm like "well if thats the LEAST popular and I still liked it, that means I'll REALLY like the rest of the game!" :D

Again, using the gamefaqs guide, I did Emi as my second route, because the forum said she was a good "beginner" character and after Shizune Emi was quite refreshing :D . She was cute and playful and open, but her problems with attachment and her dead dad did hit home :cry: ANAL was AWESOMELY hilarious though ;) :P . I laughed quite a lot in her route, especially when Rin ran into their room in their first H-scene :P that was great :P . I purposely got Emi's bad end first, to get it out of the way, Damn, using her smile as a wall reminded me of myself :cry: then I re-loaded the Misha part (because I wanted to see her again! :oops: :cry: ) and got the good ending. I did get "both" good endings (the other going through her mom) but I liked the one where you run after her on the track better. :D I bawled like a baby at the graveside ending and then laughed at the final H-scene :P I really liked Emi's route, and I really did fall for her loli twintail charms and her simple yet strong character :D

Then, I decided to do Hanakos, the one that got me bawling even just reading her description :oops: However, when Emi crashed into Hisao the first time again, my heart FLUTTERED and I had a tear in my eye :oops: but I'm like "I'm sorry, Emi... I love you... but I gotta play the other routes first.... :oops:
Oh god, the feels came thick and heavy with this one :( :cry:
Hanako's theme song, her party where she was holding her presents, her description of the fire, I felt REALLY unhappy at her H-scene though, it made me sad rather than aroused.... the hug she and Lilly had during her party, OMG THE BAD ENDING :shock: :shock: :shock: The neutral ending was slightly better for me (I prefer friendzone over outright hatred) And the GOOD ENDING!!!! :cry: :oops: :D :D :D Made me so happy :D . I was already sobbing when "innocence" was playing and Hanako fell sobbing to the ground in the park, I was sobbing and then when Hisao went behind her to hug her I cried like mad. :oops: I felt REALLY good afterwards though :D

I haven't completed the game yet, I have already saved at the flag to go to Lilly's route (while doing Hanako's) so I guess I'll do that next, and I guess Rin is last? Well, I need a few days to recover from Hanako's route just like I took a break of a few days from Emi's (I jumped straight into Emi's route from Shizune though :lol: )

So far....
I like Shizune as a friend, she's hardworking and can be fun at times but knows how to keep you focused. As a girlfriend though? Probably not. :lol:

Emi was great. :D In my IRL life, I could stand to start doing more exercise, and if Emi was with me it'll be so much better :lol: . She's cute and though she has some mental barriers, if you respect her boundaries and make the right push, she's yours for life :D .

Hanako.... :D I just want to hug her. I'll trust her to come out of her shell, but when she does, I want to be there to hug her and tell her she's precious and lovely and beautiful. :D :oops:

That said, IRL my best girlfriend so far would probably be Emi. :P I still want to be close friends with Hanako, Shizune and Misha, but so far (haven't played Rin or Lilly yet, though Lilly's next because I saved at the end of Act 1 ;) ) and IRL I need an Emi to push me to exercise. :P So there.

Sorry that was so long and rambly. :P I had to get it off my chest :oops: I'll continue playing KS and I'll see if I update my list! :P

KatawaHaremGod
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

KatawaHaremGod wrote: Blocks of text and enough emojis to make my eye bleed
Jesus man, the emojis, it's like we were all sitting down and you were so happy you were bouncing up and down when speaking! :lol:

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed the Katawa Shoujo experience thus far. It's sad that you veiled yourself up in cynicism, especially considering I'm as cynical as they come and realise what an impact it has on people! :) Glad you told us your experience about it too, I pretty much lurked in the forums for a year and kept living my life as two different people.

I've got good news, bad news, and good news again to get over the bad news.

The good news is that once you finish the game there is always wonderful fan-fictions on the site that many will be more than happy to either recommend you to or tell you to visit the library. Let me tell you, some of those fan fictions are as good as the routes :D . The bad news is you will run into some pretty bad bumps finishing the game, but the good part is that the great and wonderful scenes are there to make things even better!

Keep us all updated on everything buddy! :mrgreen:
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
Keep us all updated on everything buddy! :mrgreen:

Thanks, fellow Canuck, eh! :mrgreen: (Yeah, I'm a Canadian currently living in East Asia but NOT Japan)

Anyway thank you for the welcome, I originally made a new thread but read the FAQ so I put it in the "random" section because my lines were pretty much random. Yeah I use emojis a lot in my other forum ( ;) ) but I'll try to keep it to a minimum here. Its really nice to get it off my chest. :)

I might start Lilly's act 2 tonight, then Rin's last. I'm trying to 100% it (I do have that tendency to be addicted...) and there is a random scene in Shizune's route that's not there in the library but I'll ask you guys later. Lilly first! :mrgreen:

I wished there was a way to be friends with all the girls even if I'm dating one, but since it was literally 5 authors writing seperately thats ok.

I'll check out the fanfiction, definitely, but I should finish Lilly and Rin first. I will mention I found Rin to be HILARIOUS on Emi's route, but reading up on it here (no spoilers) the general feeling seems to be Rin's route is quite depressing :( . I wonder if I can take it :lol:

I really like Jigoro's design sprite and would love to write about him in a more badass action series. Here though, he's just an asshole :lol: . He can fight Yokai and zombie samurai or something, he can use Hideaki and Shizune in support roles :lol: .

Anyway thanks for listening to me, I'll stick around! :P

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

KatawaHaremGod wrote: Thanks, fellow Canuck, eh!
RepresentImage
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Lilly is such a dear OMG :P :P :P

OMG and Hideaki AGAIN :P was he named after the infamous "traitor of Sekigahara" Kobayakawa Hideaki by any chance?

DrunkWaifu

Post by DrunkWaifu »

Started reading sisterhood fanfic about week ago and now that I'm finished I'm feeling exhausted from the feels. Part of it is probably the long days of reading, starting in the noon and continuing until 3am or longer. I feel like I went a bit overboard with my hurry to finish. I'm going to try to stay away from KS related stuff for now and return to the real world. :lol:
Recovering Hanako addict.
http://pastebin.com/ZV0xmAks - The Longest Day of the Year by Mehkanik, give it a try (its very short)
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Some random live observations on Lilly's route

Those tears and those feels when Hanako recieves her presents... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Emi: "No one's joining me for my morning runs because i run so fast"

:lol: :cry:

Omg I don't know how many of these cameos I can take.... :lol:

Emi: Evil evil evil evil!

I miss her :cry:

:lol: Yuuko's such a sweetie :lol:

Wait.... I checked online, a Sendai to Inverness flight requires like 3 stops. If they get delayed once, (except the last one), they are boned :lol: Well, its not IRL anyway :lol:

Woah train ride...

That house looks American, not Japanese :P

Ok, I'll continue tommorow, don't want to rush things ;)

I *really* miss Emi and a bit of Hanako, especially when she locked herself in her room.... :cry: :cry:

brythain

Post by brythain »

KatawaHaremGod wrote:Wait.... I checked online, a Sendai to Inverness flight requires like 3 stops. If they get delayed once, (except the last one), they are boned :lol: Well, its not IRL anyway :lol:
It's probably worse. Bear in mind that when Hisao arrives at Yamaku, it's the first week of June 2007. His affair with Lilly is very quick and can be very short. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

brythain wrote: It's probably worse. Bear in mind that when Hisao arrives at Yamaku, it's the first week of June 2007. His affair with Lilly is very quick and can be very short. :)
Ah, so thats why they're still using flip phones... and this was BEFORE the 2011 tsunami and earthquake :cry:

OMG the 2011 tsunami????!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Well, it is true Yamaku is on a hill, but still.....

TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

KatawaHaremGod wrote: Ah, so thats why they're still using flip phones... and this was BEFORE the 2011 tsunami and earthquake :cry:

OMG the 2011 tsunami????!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Well, it is true Yamaku is on a hill, but still.....
Yamaku is, but Sendai as a whole certainly isn't. Still deciding how I'm going to approach this in Regrets, as it were. I don't know if it's even had coverage yet, I honestly can't remember :(
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Wow...

Saying goodbye at the gates of yamaku to Lilly made me bawl my eyes out again :cry:

The heart attack, then the damn music box....

But wait, how could he get a taxi at such short notice from Yamaku (ie, Sendai castle) first to SAITAMA (which is a suburb of Tokyo IIRC), and THEN to (presumably) Narita airport???? (Also, Saitama is to the west of Tokyo while Narita is to the east.... its a REALLY long distance)

(Checked on google maps, total travelling time: Sendai Castle to Saitama, then Saitama to Narita airport: pretty much 6 hours :shock: )

If the taxi makes it that far, and knowing how pricey Japanese taxis are, that's going to cost almost a thousand US dollars!! :shock: :shock:

Lilly was so sweet and loving though, I wouldn't have it any other way :lol: 8)

EDIT: Wow, I am exactly the 3000th post in this thread! :mrgreen: