Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Zarys »

bhtooefr wrote:It was almost certainly trolling, but... From http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 56#p184656:
TheHivemind wrote:
And is Shizune already hot for Hisao fairly early in Act 1 (i.e. pre-festival) or is it all about getting him on the Student Council?
All the ladies want to ride Hisao like a Harley down a stretch of bad road from day one, except for Rin.
He is the protagenist, but he is the Master of Romance only at a meta-game level. (If not, only one girl fall in love with him, maybe two, and not because he is particularly irresistible)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

I can't look at Hisao as a Master of Romance.
He tries to dodge Misha and Shizune pretty often even though he keeps thinking "Look, two cute girls who want my help and maybe want to bang me as well. Let's get the fuck away".

"Oh right, but look Marly, he goes to the library and talks with Hanako and shit"
He went to the library to get books. Playboys go to the library to hook up with nerdy girls and bookworms.
A true Master of Romance would keep running for a chance to bang Emi. A true Master or Romance would check the mural on the day of the festival for a chance to flirt with Rin.

But instead, most of the time he wanders around until he is found by one of the girls who drags him away.
I'm not saying he wouldn't hook up with them, he just doesn't make efforts in Act 1.

About Hanako having a crush on him early on. I doubt it. It may be possible, but I highly doubt. The only one I can see having a crush on him early on is Shizune and/or Misha. Perhaps Emi as well.
The rest, good friends and all but they need the "festival treatment" before a crush appears.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Am I the only one to be depressed by the idea of a ​​Hisao who is friendzoned (or worse) in each Route because he would not be physically attractive enough for them, EVEN LILLY ? (And it would ruin every girl in the game :lol: )

Last edited by Zarys on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Lilly actually makes a point during the VN that she has preferences involving appearances just like sighted people do.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Guest Poster wrote:Lilly actually makes a point during the VN that she has preferences involving appearances just like sighted people do.
Yeah, but it would be worse because she could reject Hisao only after "felt" he is not pretty, it's the joke.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

For a proper argument, there are moments where you can quite catch when each gitl has legitimate attraction with the character. Shizune, for one, starts having small crushes on Hisao during the end of ACT I festival, when she goes around showing the stars and accidentally get a little close to Hisao.

She approached him first more as an obligation as the class representative, student council president, and fenerally get-shit-done taskmaster, but it develops more than that at the end of ACT I and further into ACT II where genuine interest starts to show.

Hanako's starts around ACT II; ACT I's finale with 'checkmate' is more of her getting comfortable around him--just like how she feels around Lilly. She has that growing crush on Hisao after ACT I, specifically during their outing together, I believe (when you first saw her with her casual clothes).

Rin's is more of 'your guess is as good of mine'-kinda, but it is for sure before or after her psychadelic trip with codeine (was it codeine? I keep on thinking weed and her suddenly singing 'smoke weed everyday')

Emi seems to have an interest on Hisao after he joins her every morning for runs since they go out fairly quickly.

Lilly is what actually confuses me the most, so i'm not going to bother.

Of course an easier explanation would be 'Hisao is the master of romance and all that medicine he consumes unleashes massive pheromones that even attracts Kenji and challenges Jigoro.'

Now on to self-insert OC.
If you've read my stories, you'll notice I have my own self-insert since he has carries the same name in different 'dimensions'--although mostly, he is acting more as a supporting cast and background character. The KS girls are reserved for Hisao and Hisao only! :x

The thing about self-inserts is how dangerous they can be--especially if they come from say...another country or something (e.g US/UK/RUS/etc.) and transfers to Yamaku, somehow understanding the language and culture perfectly, and gets to woo the girl they want. It is a way to 'live' off fantasy understandably, but at the same it is breaking the limit of 'suspension of disbelief' and can ir may be considered as a Mary/Marty Stu--the worst kinds of character (second to NTR-ers in my book).

Just be really-really cautious when you put your self insert. It's a risky business when writing fiction (not just fanfiction), and you especially don't want your character to end up like that girl from Twilight.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Megumeru wrote: (second to NTR-ers in my book).
Disagree, NTR-ers are more irritating than mary stu's. Especially self-inserted fanfiction NTR-ers.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

NTR-ers ?
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Zarys wrote:NTR-ers ?
Yeah, I don't know that one either...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
Characters that are specifically designed to steal the lover of another character.

E.g.
Self-insert OC, knows Hisao is going out with ('x' KS character), has same feeling as Hisao for the girl, proceeds to 'steal' the love interest of Hisao by any means--forced sex, if need be. Girl eventually go for the OC and leaves Hisao moping and dying.

NTR=netorare or cheating(?)/cockblock(?) in English? Not sure. Avoid at all cost of you're unfamilliar with it. :P
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Guest Poster, nothing about my answer ? are you okay with my nuance or not ? (I ask because you seems to very well understand Hanako since your amazing fanfic Sisterhood)
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Megumeru wrote:Self-insert OC, knows Hisao is going out with ('x' KS character), has same feeling as Hisao for the girl, proceeds to 'steal' the love interest of Hisao by any means--forced sex, if need be. Girl eventually go for the OC and leaves Hisao moping and dying.
Hey, I... resemble that remark (except my self-insert wasn't an OC, it was Hanako, and Hisao was the one that got "stolen", and all of the sex was consensual).

And, Hanako is already an existing character, and I was working off of an existing setup (that already dealt with the whole plausibility of Hanako x Hisao during the Shizune route timeline), but hey.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Megumeru wrote:Lilly is what actually confuses me the most, so i'm not going to bother.
I tend to believe she started to have feelings for Hisao around the time they meet on the road into town in Act 1. However, at that point she was more focused on Hisao as a friend (or maybe more) for Hanako, and so either put her own feelings aside or disregarded them until she couldn't anymore. That's why they came out in such a flood in the wheat field -- it was the bursting of the dam.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Lilly is what actually confuses me the most, so i'm not going to bother.
I tend to believe she started to have feelings for Hisao around the time they meet on the road into town in Act 1. However, at that point she was more focused on Hisao as a friend (or maybe more) for Hanako, and so either put her own feelings aside or disregarded them until she couldn't anymore. That's why they came out in such a flood in the wheat field -- it was the bursting of the dam.
Hisao even says that he senses something changing with her demeanor after their walk. I think that's where it makes the most sense.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Characters that are specifically designed to steal the lover of another character.

E.g.
Self-insert OC, knows Hisao is going out with ('x' KS character), has same feeling as Hisao for the girl, proceeds to 'steal' the love interest of Hisao by any means--forced sex, if need be. Girl eventually go for the OC and leaves Hisao moping and dying.

NTR=netorare or cheating(?)/cockblock(?) in English? Not sure. Avoid at all cost of you're unfamilliar with it. :P
Ew gobs, that sounds awful. I wouldn't even self OC myself for Emi with that kind of BS going on if you paid me as a self respecting writer.