Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen »

Kakureboshi wrote:On a serious note, Mr. Nicol Armarfi has posted some beautiful piano pieces of Katawa Shoujo music over at his Youtube channel (Sebastien Skaf) and you all need to do yourselves a favor, go over there, and give them a listen. Your lives are not complete yet until you listen to that stuff, people.
Full length rendition of Wiosna?
FULL LENGTH RENDITION OF WIOSNA?!

NICOL YOU FUCKING LEGEND
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:I'll just leave this here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-34884514
Clearly she was a dangerous racist terrorist, using her white cane to strike out at all and sundry.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:Katawa Kindergarten :)
It's so heartwarming to see the lengths some parents will go to just to make their pets match their children :) :) :)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

So I'm reading some new Marvel books and during the course of Starbrand and Nightmask, which is a'ight, I was introduced to this lady. Naturally, I started thinking about this place and thought I'd share :D

Puncyclopedia

Post by Puncyclopedia »

Starting a long overdue replaythrough of the game. I don't know if it's the best or even most emotional song in the game, but "Caged Heart" completely destroys me every time I hear it.

It's this combination of eerie, foreboding, and sad that makes it the musical equivalent of a car crash to me - I can't stop listening. There are times when I'll have it on for thirty minutes, and it's capable of completely altering my mood.
Characters: Shizune > Lilly > Rin > Emi > Hanako
Routes: Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi

Replaying now, so subject to flux. Except Shizune. Shizune is best.
Kakureboshi

Post by Kakureboshi »

Puncyclopedia wrote:Starting a long overdue replaythrough of the game. I don't know if it's the best or even most emotional song in the game, but "Caged Heart" completely destroys me every time I hear it.

It's this combination of eerie, foreboding, and sad that makes it the musical equivalent of a car crash to me - I can't stop listening. There are times when I'll have it on for thirty minutes, and it's capable of completely altering my mood.
For me that's "Breathlessly". Beautiful, yet somber. It sounds so melancholic; as if it was a really saddened person holding on to the last shreds of hope after everything around them has fallen apart yearning for the bad times to be over. I can listen to it for half an hour without getting tired and it mellows me down. Great stuff to think to, and has been one of the OSTs of my choice whenever I go walking around town, along with the more cheerful "Air Guitar" and the more elegant and relaxing "Red Velvet".
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

My friend finished KS. She was cryin a lot and I got to cry with her. Was nice.
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Gravy wrote:My friend finished KS. She was cryin a lot and I got to cry with her. Was nice.
I'm trying to get my friend into KS so I can cry with him too. Crying is nice sometimes.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Pretty Meta, but still KS Discussion..?

According to an app on my phone, on this day last year I awoke to find d2r in my house and we made Canadian style pancakes with proper real life Canadian maple syrup.
It was a good day. Anyone else ever met someone from the forums IRL?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

So, felt sorta wrong to not drop in here and say hi on Valentine's Day.

Don't want to derail this though, as general as it is, so anybody doing anything relevant to what one of the girls might especially like for the occasion?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:So, felt sorta wrong to not drop in here and say hi on Valentine's Day.

Don't want to derail this though, as general as it is, so anybody doing anything relevant to what one of the girls might especially like for the occasion?
Hi Spunky! Welcome back, even if only just dropping in. Am working on a story arc about what Emi's relationships were like before she met Hisao, but not just for V-Day. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Sharp-O wrote:So I'm reading some new Marvel books and during the course of Starbrand and Nightmask, which is a'ight, I was introduced to this lady. Naturally, I started thinking about this place and thought I'd share :D

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... 9ssb46.jpg
"If I were a bad RA, I wouldn't be sittin' here discussin' it with ya, now would I?"
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:So I'm reading some new Marvel books and during the course of Starbrand and Nightmask, which is a'ight, I was introduced to this lady. Naturally, I started thinking about this place and thought I'd share :D

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... 9ssb46.jpg
"If I were a bad RA, I wouldn't be sittin' here discussin' it with ya, now would I?"
One crossed Leg brace, one wayward pinch of Black leather Eyepatch, one errand crutch..! AND KABLEWIE!
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---