Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:So, last weekend I took my lady down to the unnecessarily busy and horrendously over-expensive lovely London to watch a musical.
It's one of her favourites and one that's been growing on me a bit recently. We ate an expensive steak, got lost, bought a fuckton of M&Ms, watched a fantastic rendition of a classic and then slept in a small little hotel a good mile away. The musical itself got me thinking,though...

So, how does everyone think Hanako would react to watching The Phantom Of The Opera?

I imagine she'd be intrigued and enjoy the first part, identifying with the phantom's desire to be loved despite his fuckin' deformed face, but come to dislike him after he pretty much forces his love interest to marry him and tries to kill the man she loves, before breaking down in an emotional rage and accepting his life of lonliness.
There's a funny moment (I think of it as such) in 'After The Dream' where Hanako has been to three musicals in NYC — Les Miserables, Phantom, and Mamma Mia (the last one is Akira's choice). It's the last one that makes her cry.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:19 pm

brythain wrote: There's a funny moment (I think of it as such) in 'After The Dream' where Hanako has been to three musicals in NYC — Les Miserables, Phantom, and Mamma Mia (the last one is Akira's choice). It's the last one that makes her cry.
That's how I know Hanako is a fictional character.
No human being alive can watch Les Miserables all the way through and not cry at Empty Chairs At Empty Tables ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:
brythain wrote: There's a funny moment (I think of it as such) in 'After The Dream' where Hanako has been to three musicals in NYC — Les Miserables, Phantom, and Mamma Mia (the last one is Akira's choice). It's the last one that makes her cry.
That's how I know Hanako is a fictional character.
No human being alive can watch Les Miserables all the way through and not cry at Empty Chairs At Empty Tables ;)
I think it's more like they all cry for #1, everyone except Shizune cries for #2, and only Hanako cries for #3. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Atario » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:43 pm

I get the feeling Hanako would be in a shambles at "I Dreamed A Dream". I sure was.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

User avatar
Eurobeatjester
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:59 am
Location: Denial

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Eurobeatjester » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Atario wrote:I get the feeling Hanako would be in a shambles at "I Dreamed A Dream". I sure was.
That's a very powerful song.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Charmant » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Eurobeatjester wrote:"Hisao, it's only intermission! Why do we have to leave now?"
"Because opera sucks, and I'm hungry."

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Charmant » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:21 pm

"We also will participate in Comitia 112 at Tokyo Big Sight on 5th of May 2015, where this release will be sold as physical media. Visit booth こ29a for your own hardcopy of KS..."

>Physical media

>hardcopy of KS

My god...

User avatar
Hacksorus
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Hacksorus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Charmant wrote:"We also will participate in Comitia 112 at Tokyo Big Sight on 5th of May 2015, where this release will be sold as physical media. Visit booth こ29a for your own hardcopy of KS..."

>Physical media

>hardcopy of KS

My god...
Even if it's in Japanese, I would absolutely love to have a hardcopy of KS.

Buuuuuuuuuut there's no way I'm making it to Japan anytime soon.

I really hope there's some way for me to get in on this. I very much regret missing out on those kickstarter artbooks all those years ago.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Hacksorus wrote:
Charmant wrote:"We also will participate in Comitia 112 at Tokyo Big Sight on 5th of May 2015, where this release will be sold as physical media. Visit booth こ29a for your own hardcopy of KS..."

>Physical media

>hardcopy of KS

My god...
Even if it's in Japanese, I would absolutely love to have a hardcopy of KS.

Buuuuuuuuuut there's no way I'm making it to Japan anytime soon.

I really hope there's some way for me to get in on this. I very much regret missing out on those kickstarter artbooks all those years ago.
I was just thinking about the history of 01 April releases from 4LS...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Sohtak
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Sohtak » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:05 pm

The date is odd....but it seems real because "We also will participate in Comitia 112 at Tokyo Big Sight on 5th of May 2015" April > May? Seems real.

BUT OMG HARD COPY OF KS....

I want it...I'm going to HAVE to find a way to get more money by May 5th so I can get to Tokyo, I NEED that hardcopy NEEEEEED

User avatar
Hacksorus
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Hacksorus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Surely, there must be a way to get a physical copy (assuming this isn't all some cruel joke) without actually personally going to Japan.

User avatar
Sohtak
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Sohtak » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Hacksorus wrote:Surely, there must be a way to get a physical copy (assuming this isn't all some cruel joke) without actually personally going to Japan.
That KS art-book isn't available (As far as I know) and that was at some Anime convention in Japan in 2012.

Besides who wouldn't want to visit Japan? :D

User avatar
Rhodri
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm
Location: The Capital of the Welsh boyo!

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Rhodri » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Playing Prison Architect and for a laugh, I decided to run a few searches in the 'Name in Game' database (a perk for those that picked a package in the crowdfunding stage of development. Someone paid $50 for this to happen.

Image
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.

User avatar
Hacksorus
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Hacksorus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Sohtak wrote:
Hacksorus wrote:Surely, there must be a way to get a physical copy (assuming this isn't all some cruel joke) without actually personally going to Japan.
That KS art-book isn't available (As far as I know) and that was at some Anime convention in Japan in 2012.

Besides who wouldn't want to visit Japan? :D
I dunno, maybe it's possible to pay someone in Japan to pick one up and ship it to you?

The Artbook was also available to people who backed the kickstarter. If only there were something like that this time around.

I'd love to visit Japan someday, but it's just not feasible for me right now.

User avatar
Valjean Lafitte
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Valjean Lafitte » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 am

brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
brythain wrote: There's a funny moment (I think of it as such) in 'After The Dream' where Hanako has been to three musicals in NYC — Les Miserables, Phantom, and Mamma Mia (the last one is Akira's choice). It's the last one that makes her cry.
That's how I know Hanako is a fictional character.
No human being alive can watch Les Miserables all the way through and not cry at Empty Chairs At Empty Tables ;)
I think it's more like they all cry for #1, everyone except Shizune cries for #2, and only Hanako cries for #3. :D
Wherever both Katawa Shoujo and Les Miserables are being discussed, Valjean is there! :D

No one can hold back their tears from the tour de force that is Les Mis, but it's nice to hear your Hanako also shares my taste in music -- I'm a huge Abba fan. ;)
Atario wrote:I get the feeling Hanako would be in a shambles at "I Dreamed A Dream". I sure was.
Same here. Every time. :(
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."

Post Reply