Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen »

Imagine if Katawa Shoujo didn't become an Anime, but rather had Disney backing for a movie, or something.
Horrifying, I know. It's a bad idea in most concepts, but one upside would be...
Disney movies always have songs ;)

I know there are a few topics already standing that cover this idea, but most of them are people re-writing previously existing disney songs to fit with KS. What I wanna know is what relatively-original ideas do you guys think would take feature in a KS Disney mashup?

I'm thinking a painfully sweet number with Hanako singing about reading books and being transported to different places, or an upbeat training montage song with Emi.
Kenji performing a musical runthrough of his anti-feminist plans to Hisao, graphs and puppets included.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

I can get behind this idea. In fact, I'm totally inspired!

Lilly would probably have some kind of in-the-background song about how she cares so much for Hisao, but can't bring herself to tell him.

Rin would have an entire song of literal nonsense, sometimes saying "Can't you understand?"

Shizune wouldn't have a song, Misha would take her place. Singing about how she loves Shizune and can't stand to see Hisao "stealing" Shizune away from her.

Man, that would be so awesome. Of course they'd have to structure the movie so that all of the routes are covered, I've seen anime do it before.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:I know there are a few topics already standing that cover this idea, but most of them are people re-writing previously existing disney songs to fit with KS. What I wanna know is what relatively-original ideas do you guys think would take feature in a KS Disney mashup?
The perfect Emi x Hisao duet song would be 'I Can Go The Distance'. It just needs to be modified and rearranged a bit... :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

brythain wrote: The perfect Emi x Hisao duet song would be 'I Can Go The Distance'. It just needs to be modified and rearranged a bit... :)
Even beter, what about that one from Mulan with the arrow in the log? I cant remember what it's called haha
BMFJack wrote: Rin would have an entire song of literal nonsense, sometimes saying "Can't you understand?"
Yeah, she's trying to explain the colour she wants or the feeling she wants this painting to convey to someone and they're trying their best but can't follow, then there's a reprise later on with her and Hisao going through the same thing, but in the end he understands and it's all happy and shit :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Munchenhausen wrote:
brythain wrote: The perfect Emi x Hisao duet song would be 'I Can Go The Distance'. It just needs to be modified and rearranged a bit... :)
Even beter, what about that one from Mulan with the arrow in the log? I cant remember what it's called haha
You're thinking of "I'll Make a Man Out of You"
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
You're thinking of "I'll Make a Man Out of You"
That would be a Shizune-type song...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Rin gets something "Painting the Roses Red"-like of course.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

brythain wrote:
azumeow wrote:You're thinking of "I'll Make a Man Out of You"
What, not Rin? (And it being about making a man out of Rin. After all, there's some indications that Rin isn't exactly a cisgender female... Then again, there's no "making" needed, if Rin is a trans man...)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

'All characters in this game, regardless of appearance or circumstance, are at least eighteen years old, or at least twenty-one where legally required' :P

edit: wow - a whole page late >.<
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

brythain wrote:
azumeow wrote: You're thinking of "I'll Make a Man Out of You"
Cheers, Azumeow!
And yeah, you're right about that... Too serious to be Emi's and now I can see Shizune forcing Hisao to perform all sorts of paperwork/Weightlifting hybrids in the SC room :lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Atario

Post by Atario »

BMFJack wrote:Shizune wouldn't have a song
I dispute that! Make it an instrumental, and she signs the words, which are captioned. The rhythm of the hand motions forms the rhythm of the melody.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Atario wrote:
BMFJack wrote:Shizune wouldn't have a song
I dispute that! Make it an instrumental, and she signs the words, which are captioned. The rhythm of the hand motions forms the rhythm of the melody.
So...Boom Clap?
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

dewelar wrote:So...Boom Clap?
All I could think of is Guile's Theme.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Lilly/Hisao singing a variation of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" to Hanako, who has locked herself in her room again.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Rhodri wrote:Lilly/Hisao singing a variation of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" to Hanako, who has locked herself in her room again.
Hisao singing that to Hanako.

Then she opens the door...

Hisao soon finds himself singing 'F**k it all' (let it go variaton) on top of a tree
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story