Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by bhtooefr »

Zarys wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:My school didn't even have any form of student government, but then it was a school for behaviorally handicapped and learning disabled kids, so...
Seriously ?! :o It was as much cool as Yamaku ? How many amazing and beautiful disabled girls have you dated ? :P
I would be ready to sacrifice so much more than a functional heart for an Hanako or a Lilly. :(
Behaviorally handicapped and learning disabled.

And the gender balance was, oh, 40:5. And typically girls have to be much worse on the behavioral handicaps to be sent there.

Basically, my point is that it wasn't Hanakos and Lillys that went there. It was Rins and yandere!Hanakos.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

bhtooefr wrote: And typically girls have to be much worse on the behavioral handicaps to be sent there.
Huh ? how a behavioral handicap could be more acceptable on a girl than on a boy ? :?
Does it mean there is a lot of moderated behavioraly troubled girls who are outside without have been "fixed" ? :lol:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:
bhtooefr wrote: And typically girls have to be much worse on the behavioral handicaps to be sent there.
Huh ? how a behavioral handicap could be more acceptable on a girl than on a boy ? :?
Does it mean there is a lot of moderated behavioraly troubled girls who are outside without have been "fixed" ? :lol:
No, Its most probably due to behavioral issues within girls to be more common at the Highschool age, as such, a higher threshhold should be required. Plus girls have a tendency to have their behavioral issues pass much quicker than guys, so constant watch isnt as much required.
bhtooefr wrote:It was Rins and yandere!Hanakos.
Not a bad thing.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Atario

Post by Atario »

Broomhead wrote:A teacher literally pulled me into his office once and told me I was replacing the previous class rep
That reminds me. In my community college, one day I went to my usual hangout after classes, only to be informed by one of my teachers that I had been elected Treasurer. Took me by surprise, since not only had I not run for it, but I was only vaguely aware there was a student-government election going on at all. He asked if I wanted the position, and I immediately said no, which he expected. Turns out a bunch of my friends had decided to pull a prank by (1) going to vote, which I'm certain they would not have done but for this prank and (2) wrote me in for Treasurer. By the time I heard about it, they had all already gone home for the day, and no one ever mentioned it later on, either. In all, a weird experience… :lol:

Thinking about this high-school student council stuff a bit more now, it occurs to me that my high school student council (called "ASB", for Associated Student Body) was organized on a class basis — one set of officers for/from the Freshmen, one for the Sophomores, and so on, four in all, with the Juniors being designated as also in charge overall. Kind of odd, now that I think about it. Might seem like a lot of officers, but considering my school had well over a thousand students per class…

This is why it always fascinates me to see depictions of Japanese schools being (comparatively) small like Yamaku.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Huh, so we've drifted onto this now? :)

I was our class treasurer during my junior year of high school, mainly because my best friend was the president and he talked me into it (and nobody else ran anyway). We pretty much did nothing but raise funds to pay for the junior prom, so I guess I was the most important guy there, even if I didn't feel like it :|. I ran for VP senior year and lost. At various times I was also in the computer club (where we never actually did anything...club-like), the astronomy club (where all the other members cared about was doing laser shows in the planetarium), and the school newspaper (where I wrote short fiction and poems that got put on the back page). I never really stuck with anything for more than a year, though, but nobody cared. Even at Yamaku, the clubs are so much more formal than ours were.

College was a lot different, though.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Ha, this is like everyone's 'what I did in high school' true confessions.
I have to confess I wasn't a particularly literary person, although my junior high English teacher claims I used to write sad stories.
Was class rep for a while, dabbled in track and rugby, chess and debating, and... the science society.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

dewelar wrote:the computer club (where we never actually did anything...club-like)
I think in all my clubs, we did usually do club stuff (when we did meet) contrary to the Japanese trope of "clubs that do nothing". Even though our Chess Club was only like five guys, we'd play at lunch and once we even had a small informal play-off against a rival school. We were impressed that they had new-seeming pieces and matching vinyl roll-up boards — our stuff was all old, worn, and mismatched. I won against the guy I played, and he graciously congratulated me and thanked me for the game. I heard years later that he went to prison for a murder, so there's that.

Math club went to and held local math competitions, CSF had community volunteer work, etc. It was far from frequent, but it was always at least relevant.
astronomy club (where all the other members cared about was doing laser shows in the planetarium)
OH SHIT I totally forgot about astronomy club! I was in that too! We didn't have a planetarium, but we did have a real permanent-structure observatory with a dome and everything, though we didn't use it, in favor of being outside under the wide sky. Even in the winter chill. Ah, good times.
Even at Yamaku, the clubs are so much more formal than ours were.
I think that's a general feature of the Japanese system. When I first ever heard the concept of club membership being mandatory, I was pretty surprised. "Way to suck the fun out of it, guys!"
College was a lot different, though.
For me, too. At that point nobody cared about clubs anymore. :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Atario wrote:
dewelar wrote:College was a lot different, though.
For me, too. At that point nobody cared about clubs anymore. :lol:
Heh...for me, it was the exact opposite. I guess it depends on the club. I was on the parliamentary debate team and an officer in our theatre club -- tried to get into a drama program at another school but wasn't accepted. Got to act in a couple of professional shows, though, which was really cool.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Oh, one year in middle school (I went to the same school from 3rd grade all the way through high school graduation), my school actually did one club... a computer club, the year they installed a computer lab.

We took over three of the computers in the lab, and built an NT4 domain for them, one being the server. And then everyone just used it as a chance to get out of class to browse the web.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

We just browsed the web during classes. And I thought about joining a student council once but then didn't. :3
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I dont think my school even had some kind of student council or clubs.

I mean clubs and councils sound nice but then again I may have been watching too much high school romance animes so yeah :roll: .
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Clubs were never mandatory in any of my schools, thankfully. And I'm not sure if we even had a student council. God knows I wasn't on it.

Tried out an Anime Club once. Once. Watched Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade and flipped out over how awesome it was. Couldn't motivate myself to keep going there, though. Mostly because the afterschool buses were total shit.

Was also in a debate class, which was by extension our school's debate team. Our budget was total ass though, because athletics. :roll:
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Mahorfeus wrote:Clubs were never mandatory in any of my schools, thankfully. And I'm not sure if we even had a student council. God knows I wasn't on it.

Tried out an Anime Club once. Once. Watched Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade and flipped out over how awesome it was. Couldn't motivate myself to keep going there, though. Mostly because the afterschool buses were total shit.

Was also in a debate class, which was by extension our school's debate team. Our budget was total ass though, because athletics. :roll:
I was technically on debate team. By "technically", I mean I was asked about it, accepted, and never once attended. It did not occur to me when I agreed that it would require after-school time. :lol:

Rin would be great on a debate team.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Charmant wrote:Rin would be great on a debate team.
Actually, she'd be a pretty great practice opponent, so that you can learn how to deal with people who are intentionally trying to throw you off your game. But in an actual debate? No.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Zarys wrote:
No, Its most probably due to behavioral issues within girls to be more common at the Highschool age, as such, a higher threshhold should be required. Plus girls have a tendency to have their behavioral issues pass much quicker than guys, so constant watch isnt as much required.
It's seems logical, even if I wonder it's not a bit because boys are generally more severely judged. (I mean, a turbulent is more quickly considered as a rascal; and nowadays a boy who is too much quiet would maybe being considered as a potential school shooter)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair