Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:With the inevitably high mortality rate in Yamaku, do you think it's Haunted?
I do :3
brythain wrote:One of the phenomena is the 'Hanako' toilet-ghost, although not mentioned in the piece itself.
Go on...
That's why my Kenji thinks Hanako is the Hanako toilet-ghost, because she fits almost perfectly into the traditional story in his account.
(See what happens to him during the week of 20th June 2005 (20050620-20050626) here, for comparison.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

brythain wrote:That's why my Kenji thinks Hanako is the Hanako toilet-ghost
Ghosts aren't usually as...Solid...As Hanako though. :lol: Poor crazy Kenji...
Teenage Honved Fan

Post by Teenage Honved Fan »

A bizarre hard drive wipe now means that I have to play KS from the start again.

Oh well, I had nothing planned this week~
Lilly > Miki > Akira

The holy trinity.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Munchenhausen wrote:With the inevitably high mortality rate in Yamaku, do you think it's Haunted?
I do :3
This should go "Headcanon" thread, but...I do, too.

In fact, I like to think that the Lilly appearance in Shizune Act 4 is no continuity error, but an appearance by Lilly's doppelgänger.

And the girl with the missing thumb that Hisao saw in Class 3-3? A ghost, obviously. Or a spectral appearance of himself from another timeline where he was a girl who lost her thumb. Something like that. :D
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Atario

Post by Atario »

I just got a vision of the characters as the Scooby Doo gang. Kenji as Shaggy, going "A g-g-g-gho~st??" and freaking out.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Valjean Lafitte wrote: And the girl with the missing thumb that Hisao saw in Class 3-3? A ghost, obviously. Or a spectral appearance of himself from another timeline where he was a girl who lost her thumb. Something like that. :D
Isn't that girl supposed to be be Miki?
I vaguely remember Miki's 'good hand' being disfigured with her other hand completely amputated, but they removed that for the final cut. Maybe that was just left in?

But Yamaku is definitely haunted, if you ask me. I'm moving this over to the Headcanon thread :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Valjean Lafitte

Munchenhausen wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote: And the girl with the missing thumb that Hisao saw in Class 3-3? A ghost, obviously. Or a spectral appearance of himself from another timeline where he was a girl who lost her thumb. Something like that. :D
Isn't that girl supposed to be be Miki?
I vaguely remember Miki's 'good hand' being disfigured with her other hand completely amputated, but they removed that for the final cut. Maybe that was just left in?

But Yamaku is definitely haunted, if you ask me. I'm moving this over to the Headcanon thread :P
She was missing a thumb in the beta? Interesting. I think Hisao mentions the girl missing a thumb after describing Miki, but I could be mistaken. At least the wiki seems to think of it as a separate mention. It's a shame you can't see all of her fingers in her sprite, but at least I don't think I've seen any moekki or weee art where she's missing a thumb.
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:She was missing a thumb in the beta? Interesting. I think Hisao mentions the girl missing a thumb after describing Miki, but I could be mistaken. At least the wiki seems to think of it as a separate mention. It's a shame you can't see all of her fingers in her sprite, but at least I don't think I've seen any moekki or weee art where she's missing a thumb.
What Hisao says is:
They're probably like me and have something wrong with them, only it's just not immediately obvious. Then, I notice that one of the girls seems to be missing the thumb of her right hand. It's a little jarring.
Then he notices Hanako, Akio Hayashi, Shizune and Misha in turn. Then Miki, whom he feels bad for, since eventually she claps by banging her hand against her stump. This means the girl with a missing thumb isn't any of them. I suspect the girl is Ikuno Komaki, on Miki's right, also in the front row. She has Type 2 diabetes, and nerve disease caused by Type 2 diabetes can indeed lead to amputation of extremities, or at least, fingers and toes.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

brythain wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:She was missing a thumb in the beta? Interesting. I think Hisao mentions the girl missing a thumb after describing Miki, but I could be mistaken. At least the wiki seems to think of it as a separate mention. It's a shame you can't see all of her fingers in her sprite, but at least I don't think I've seen any moekki or weee art where she's missing a thumb.
What Hisao says is:
They're probably like me and have something wrong with them, only it's just not immediately obvious. Then, I notice that one of the girls seems to be missing the thumb of her right hand. It's a little jarring.
Then he notices Hanako, Akio Hayashi, Shizune and Misha in turn. Then Miki, whom he feels bad for, since eventually she claps by banging her hand against her stump. This means the girl with a missing thumb isn't any of them. I suspect the girl is Ikuno Komaki, on Miki's right, also in the front row. She has Type 2 diabetes, and nerve disease caused by Type 2 diabetes can indeed lead to amputation of extremities, or at least, fingers and toes.
Mystery solved! Thanks brythain.
"Everything."
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

So I've been watching a lot of high school animes and was always fascinated with their many festivals they had in school and somehow I came over a documentary about japanese culture festival at a high school and it immediatly reminded me about KS and many animes I've watched.

If you have about 30 minutes to spare and like to watch and learn stuff about japan I'd recommend to watch it http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-574032 ... n-4?p720=1.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

We had small fairs at our schools growing up. Not quite as traditional as the Japanese festivals, but it wasn't uncommon for events like Homecoming, Winter Ball, etc.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

I was just thinking of reasons why self-insertion fanfics are not the best idea... when I came across (snip*) abomination. Funny, though. :D

*MOD EDIT: trust me, you're better off not knowing.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Uhhh... :shock:

Link not KS-related, plus commercial stuff. Therefore, removed.

Also, GET THEE HENCE SATAN D:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Valjean Lafitte

Sucks for everyone who didn't get to see it before the edit, because that crap was hilarious. :lol:

Back on the subject of KS and ghosts, however..

During my first play through of Katawa Shoujo (Emi's route) I had a lingering suspicion (that lasted until around the end of second Act) that there would be a sudden plot twist where it would be revealed that Kenji was actually a ghost that only Hisao could see, presumably killed by the vengeful feminists of his conspiracy theories. I don't know what kind of story I was expecting Katawa Shoujo to tell, honestly.
"Everything."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Ghost Kenji is a terrifying concept.
He doesn't care if you've locked yourself in your room, HE WILL WALK THROUGH THE DOOR REGARDLESS
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon