Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Atario »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:patching new content into the game would still violate the "no modifications" clause?
Depends how they're doing it. If they give you a program that modifies your copy of the game but which contains no part of the original game's assets, then they haven't violated anything, same as it would be perfectly legal for you to modify your own copy by hand.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Lesigh.

Here in this same thread you find some discussion wherein I state that linking such stuff publically in the forums is Not Okay and the reasons why. It hasn't even been that long.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I got into it with the project lead over there because he linked to my Saki route as inspiration and I didn't approve.

A few days later on his deviantart account he posts a picture he drew of Saki and titled it "Learning To Fly." Quite a coincidence, no?

When I confronted him about it. he claimed ignorance and that he had never heard of my route, despite posting a link to it days earlier.

Funny how that works out, isn't it.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

Silentcook wrote:Lesigh.

Here in this same thread you find some discussion wherein I state that linking such stuff publically in the forums is Not Okay and the reasons why. It hasn't even been that long.
Oops, sorry. Indignation got the better of me. Apologies.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
brythain

Post by brythain »

I've spent my third complete play through of KS looking out for minor characters.

In Rin's arc, we hear of Nurse's 'people' and a young female nurse who smiles at Hisao as he leaves Nurse's office. I wonder what a slice-of-life piece based on the medical staff at Yamaku would be like... hmm...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I haven't exactly read a thousand fanfics or anything, but I cannot recall a single one in which someone other than Nurse provides treatment to a student. Hell, that guy would really have his hands full.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:I've spent my third complete play through of KS looking out for minor characters.

In Rin's arc, we hear of Nurse's 'people' and a young female nurse who smiles at Hisao as he leaves Nurse's office. I wonder what a slice-of-life piece based on the medical staff at Yamaku would be like... hmm...
I actually thought about that before I started 'The Haunting'.

I got some general ideas, such as midnight calls from a student reported to have seizures, talk among the staff concerning the students' well being, listening to the confession of another about life (and a particular track captain about the shed and lemon), a shout-out/call-out references to the main casts, midnight watch and ghost sighting (this is where I start working on my current one), and many more.

Thing is, there isn't much character aside from the nurse that works around the clinic and a few 'extras' that needed to be molded from scratch which can be a challenge
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mahorfeus wrote:I haven't exactly read a thousand fanfics or anything, but I cannot recall a single one in which someone other than Nurse provides treatment to a student. Hell, that guy would really have his hands full.
There's that excellent Ms Yumi that you'll find in Sisterhood and (borrowed) in Developments. She's adjunct counsellor, I think—Hanako is mentioned in the VN as seeing a counsellor.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Besides Miss Yumi, of course. :)

I was more referring to the medical staff. There is only so much that Nurse can do. Heck, even as Head Nurse, I doubt that he is the only one who has an office.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Can't quickly find it, but there is a fic where the assistant nurses are betting on who Hisao gets with, set during Hanako's route, and to the good end, from the POV of an unnamed assistant nurse who bet on Hanako all along, IIRC.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Mahorfeus wrote:I haven't exactly read a thousand fanfics or anything, but I cannot recall a single one in which someone other than Nurse provides treatment to a student. Hell, that guy would really have his hands full.
bhtooefr wrote:Can't quickly find it, but there is a fic where the assistant nurses are betting on who Hisao gets with, set during Hanako's route, and to the good end, from the POV of an unnamed assistant nurse who bet on Hanako all along, IIRC.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8725

"In the middle of the night... I'm browsing in my sleep... In the middle of the night, browsing in my sleep, in the middle of the niiight, looking for something!!..."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Ohhhhh I remember that one.

It's actually really creepy. Don't they have anything better to do than bet chump change on the love lives of their charges? :lol:
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Mahorfeus wrote:Ohhhhh I remember that one.

It's actually really creepy. Don't they have anything better to do than bet chump change on the love lives of their charges? :lol:
Apparently teachers do this quite often :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:

It's pretty much accepted that examiners do this sort of thing to avoid getting bored.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:

It's pretty much accepted that examiners do this sort of thing to avoid getting bored.
That's how I end up getting invited to so many weddings. :D