Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ogorhan

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by ogorhan »

Though its suprising that once they have kids that they are called mom or dad even by their partner, I suppose its the culture differences. Here my parents call eachother by their first name and it would be just akward if my dad suddenly called my mother mom all the time, just as calling by their first name would seem akward to japanese people and others who have the same culture.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

ogorhan wrote:Though its suprising that once they have kids that they are called mom or dad even by their partner, I suppose its the culture differences. Here my parents call eachother by their first name and it would be just akward if my dad suddenly called my mother mom all the time, just as calling by their first name would seem akward to japanese people and others who have the same culture.
I've known couples who call each other "mama" and "daddy" around their kids (and probably when they're alone, too) and to me it always comes across as really weird, if not a little creepy (no offense intended to anyone here who does this).
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Well, My parents call each other their first names, but when they talk to me about each other they will use "mother" and "father"
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:There's normally a small group of handles, like 'dear' and so on. Sometimes after many years, you find that using a first name seems somehow odd. :)
My parents have been married for well over 40 years and call one another by their first names.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
brythain wrote:There's normally a small group of handles, like 'dear' and so on. Sometimes after many years, you find that using a first name seems somehow odd. :)
My parents have been married for well over 40 years and call one another by their first names.
My parents hit 50 years of marriage this year; they use contractions unless they're not so happy (or pretending not to be) with each other.
And they use other terms when feeling more affectionate than usual… :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Bit of randomness: Has anybody noticed Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru? As far as I can remember, it's the first anime with a wheelchair bound/paraplegic heroine. (Admittedly, I could have overlooked some titles...)

(Now, if we can get Sailor Lilly off the ground. :) ...)
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

brythain wrote:
Atario wrote:
My parents hit 50 years of marriage this year; they use contractions unless they're not so happy (or pretending not to be) with each other.
And they use other terms when feeling more affectionate than usual… :D
I don't doubt that for a second brythain :P But I see your point, I don't think I've ever heard my dad say my mum's name and my mum only says my dad's name when she's annoyed at him or is asking if he wants a cup of tea.

Also Oscar, looks interesting, will investigate further. I felt like I figured out what was going on, despite having a very limited knowledge of Japanese, which is nice ^_^
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Atario

Post by Atario »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru?
Huh, didn't notice that when I saw it in the season listings. I'll hafta pick it up…
As far as I can remember, it's the first anime with a wheelchair bound/paraplegic heroine. (Admittedly, I could have overlooked some titles...)
Nunnally from Code Geass is a prominent example.
Like this? [shimmie]3124[/shimmie]
(See, 'cuz they're floating… ha… ha…)

FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:Bit of randomness: Has anybody noticed Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru? As far as I can remember, it's the first anime with a wheelchair bound/paraplegic heroine. (Admittedly, I could have overlooked some titles...)

Yeah, I when I was watching that one I was thinking "How long until it gets mentioned on the KS forums?" I don't think that's the first heroine with a wheelchair, though I can't name any specifics.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Watched the first two episodes last night. Was super surprised it's a Magical Girl show. And yes, the wheelchair girl is one too!

Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Atario wrote: Nunnally from Code Geass is a prominent example.
I knew there would be at least one I had overlooked. :|
FelOnyx wrote:Yeah, I when I was watching that one I was thinking "How long until it gets mentioned on the KS forums?"
Probably means I've been playing KS too much. :D
Atario wrote:Watched the first two episodes last night. Was super surprised it's a Magical Girl show. And yes, the wheelchair girl is one too!
Quite a strong one, it seems.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
brythain

Post by brythain »

The buggers are at it AGAIN. :evil:
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

brythain wrote:The buggers are at it AGAIN. :evil:
Their poor English skills make that blog a bit difficult to read, but am I understanding correctly that they are adding new routes to the game? Don't they realize that even if they don't change any of 4LS's writing, that patching new content into the game would still violate the "no modifications" clause?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Their poor English skills make that blog a bit difficult to read, but am I understanding correctly that they are adding new routes to the game? Don't they realize that even if they don't change any of 4LS's writing, that patching new content into the game would still violate the "no modifications" clause?
They've been told to sod off by 4LS and have even admitted that what they're doing violates the law. However, they claim a) it's justifiable and b) no sanctions can touch them in Russia. I guess that here's where KS fandom can take a principled stand against such thievery etc.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:
They've been told to sod off by 4LS and have even admitted that what they're doing violates the law. However, they claim a) it's justifiable and b) no sanctions can touch them in Russia. I guess that here's where KS fandom can take a principled stand against such thievery etc.
I checked here today to see some giggles n stuff, and what I find is Russians trying to make a mod...?

They do know there's a fanfiction section here, right?

...and I thought my English is bad (・Д・)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story