Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Of recent, the song that has left the largest impression on me was "This day and never again" which is Gilgamesh's theme from fate zero ( focused on when he uses Ea, quite an emotional scene.
Just gives me chills.

KS music never got me too much (Barring wiosna, which i get whenever i boot up ks.)
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Wiosna literally haunts me.

I don't know what it is about that song, but every time I hear it I feel, like, existentially troubled. Maybe it's because it's the song that would immediately start playing after that gut-wrenching manly picnic-splat.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Leaty wrote:Wiosna literally haunts me.

I don't know what it is about that song, but every time I hear it I feel, like, existentially troubled. Maybe it's because it's the song that would immediately start playing after that gut-wrenching manly picnic-splat.
It's also the first thing you hear when the game starts up...It is an evil evil thing. :(
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Charmant wrote:

It's also the first thing you hear when the game starts up...It is an evil evil thing. :(
Now that, I just don't get at all.

"Wisona" never really left much of an impression on me, despite it essentially being the theme of KS, (or at least the song you hear every time you boot the game up.) It's a lovely tune for how simple and quaint it is, I just never really hear it play in my head when I think of Katawa Shoujo. This is most likely due to my reasoning of which I posted prior: my love for melancholy melodies.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

KeiichiO wrote:
Charmant wrote:

Now that, I just don't get at all.

"Wisona" never really left much of an impression on me, despite it essentially being the theme of KS, (or at least the song you hear every time you boot the game up.) It's a lovely tune for how simple and quaint it is, I just never really hear it play in my head when I think of Katawa Shoujo. This is most likely due to my reasoning of which I posted prior: my love for melancholy melodies.
I think of Shadow of the Truth or whatever that one is. Or "Fripperies". How great is Fripperies? Just when I boot up the game and "Wiosna" starts, my mind races ahead to everything that's about to follow and I can barely bring myself to hit the start button...
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

I do like Wiosna, I think it's great piece of work (as the whole OST, man, I would buy a cd for sure, even if it meant paying twice the price for shipping it to here), but it's rather happy and relaxing for me, doesn't really make me upset or anything, unlike the ones that play in depressing moments. The strongest ones for me would be Moment of Decision and Cold Iron. My god. They strike right in the feels. The music composers have really did a great, great job. I don't know how would this game feel if I played it without the music, or even worse, with some other music.
Anyways, I can't bring myself to listening to the sad ones yet, maybe because I barely completed the game like a week ago and they make me depressed even though I consider them to be masterpiece.

Which of the happier ones do you like the most? I like Wiosna of course, but the favourite of mine would be Aria De l'Etoile. I really love it.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I played my first half route or so with my own music on, until the album finished and I realised the in-game music wasn't all that bad.
Bluegaze wrote: Which of the happier ones do you like the most? I like Wiosna of course, but the favourite of mine would be Aria De l'Etoile. I really love it.
I love Breathlessly, but that's not answering the question as that's as happy as Pingu having his home melted. It also changes a lot, so tomorrow it could be something else.
My favourite happy one, however, is probably Afternoon. It doesn't tend to be used at the plot-important moments, and it just sounds brilliant. I also like Hokabi and Generic Happy Music :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

For me, 'Fripperies' evokes KS as a whole more than anything else except, on occasion, 'Passing of Time' and 'Wiosna'. There are other tracks I like more, I suppose: 'Romance in Andante' is my foremost example of immersion-induced affection, because I kept replaying that track while writing the first part of 'After the Dream'.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

brythain wrote:For me, 'Fripperies' evokes KS as a whole more than anything else except, on occasion, 'Passing of Time' and 'Wiosna'. There are other tracks I like more, I suppose: 'Romance in Andante' is my foremost example of immersion-induced affection, because I kept replaying that track while writing the first part of 'After the Dream'.

Wow, strange. I always found Fripperies pretty boring and emotionless, for me it's just a regular school theme which doesn't connect much with the characters and their stories, but that's just me :d
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Bluegaze wrote:
brythain wrote:For me, 'Fripperies' evokes KS as a whole more than anything else except, on occasion, 'Passing of Time' and 'Wiosna'. There are other tracks I like more, I suppose: 'Romance in Andante' is my foremost example of immersion-induced affection, because I kept replaying that track while writing the first part of 'After the Dream'.

Wow, strange. I always found Fripperies pretty boring and emotionless, for me it's just a regular school theme which doesn't connect much with the characters and their stories, but that's just me :d
I actually had to search for it on YouTube because I had forgotten what it was.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Bluegaze wrote:it's just a regular school theme
That isn't what it's supposed to be? o.o
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Like Fripperies, Ease is also a happy tune. What is the general opinion on that one?
Personally I love it, especially if it involves Misha showing up smiling!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Atario

Post by Atario »

Bluegaze wrote:I always found Fripperies pretty boring and emotionless
Lightheartedness is an emotion.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Charmant wrote:

I'm not even finished KS (one more route, Rin's) but everytime I listen to Wiosna it brings back bittersweet memories of Lilly and Hanako. What an awesomely haunting theme it is. :(
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Julliant

Post by Julliant »

I just completed KS.

My route order was Emi, Rin, Shizune, Hanako then Lilly.

Now I don't know what to do with my life.