Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Comrade » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 am

You're wrong. It teaches reading as well.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
ogorhan
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:09 pm
Location: World of Kancolle

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by ogorhan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:56 am

CoffeeDrive wrote:
ogorhan wrote:Yeah I'm trying to get down hiragana & katanaka first, kanji will have to wait. I'll have to write them down on paper and hang them around my pc so I'll see them every time and practice. For now ill just review all of them everyday till I can memorise them.

Also heard about Rosetta Stone program and was a bit interested. But I also heard it doesn't actually teach you how to read if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong.

Finding someone to practice or knows any japanese in my surroundings is not possible im not afraid.
Memrise goddamit, literally does all that for you.

It even sends you emails when it thinks you should practice a specific "course" (read wordset, or alphabet) because you havent worked on it in a while.
Mastered Katanaka and hirigana in a few weeks doing that, just have to repeat the courses every now and then to make sure the ones i dont use often stay fresh.
Already using memrise, still having something physical to remember and practice wont hurt :lol:
Comrade wrote:You're wrong. It teaches reading as well.
Ah alright, just something I read somewhere thanks.

Edit: Does anyone know how to merge two png files togehter so its one file? Dl'ed some hiragana & katakana charts and would like to print them but I'd like it to be on one paper if possible.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Comrade » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:27 am

Microsoft paint?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Silentcook » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Please, let's get back on topic? We have gone off the beaten path quite a bit with all the language learning.
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Comrade » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Fair enough.
this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Atario » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Comrade wrote:how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Look as in visual style? Or what kind of plot would happen? Or just what H-scenes would there be?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Comrade » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Atario wrote:
Comrade wrote:how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Look as in visual style? Or what kind of plot would happen? Or just what H-scenes would there be?
the last two
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Guest Poster » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Charmant » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Comrade wrote:Fair enough.
this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
...Like an h-game, I'd presume. o.o Probably with a lot more silly euphemisms as the writers break their brains trying to never actually say the word "penis" or "vagina". Because that's forbidden in h-games for some reason.

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by KeiichiO » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Charmant wrote:
Comrade wrote:Fair enough.
this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
...Like an h-game, I'd presume. o.o Probably with a lot more silly euphemisms as the writers break their brains trying to never actually say the word "penis" or "vagina". Because that's forbidden in h-games for some reason.
Not just H-games, but all erotica, especially written.

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Charmant » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:00 pm

KeiichiO wrote:
Charmant wrote:
Comrade wrote:Fair enough.
this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
...Like an h-game, I'd presume. o.o Probably with a lot more silly euphemisms as the writers break their brains trying to never actually say the word "penis" or "vagina". Because that's forbidden in h-games for some reason.
Not just H-games, but all erotica, especially written.
True...Though it always seems worse in h-games. They just get really goofy...Like, I dunno what kinda special kinks some of these writers are into but if the girl I'm trying to screw is calling my dick an eggplant, that's a mood killer.

There would also be more blowjobs.

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Guest Poster wrote:That sounds familiar. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7078
Umm... Yes. Because that's the thread he was directly referring to :lol:
Comrade wrote:this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Comrade » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:15 am

Munchenhausen wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:That sounds familiar. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7078
Umm... Yes. Because that's the thread he was directly referring to :lol:
Comrade wrote:this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
Why ruin a good post with facts?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Megumeru » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:27 am

Comrade wrote:Fair enough.
this is a topic on the fan works section but it seems like no one actually goes there so let's try to ask here:
how would KS look if it was actually a full on H-game?
Woah...waaaait...you mean it's not VN anymore?

That means it's more porn-no-plot kind-of-thing? In which the MC (Hisao's) objective is to bang everything he sees?


For one, we could reference School Days a bit and see Hisao sleeping with girl A, girl B, girl C, girl D...then get murdered by yandere-Hanako.
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Atario » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 am

Megumeru wrote:we could reference School Days
Are you trying to link KS and School Days in my mind? How dare you, sir. How dare you.

[shiver]
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

Post Reply