Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by KeiichiO »

CoffeeDrive wrote:It's always been Rin's Kin.

Never heard of rinfidel until someone made it up recently.

My Ts3 Administrator role is called Rin's Kin and it always shall be
Good boy/girl/sentient bag of meat. *Pat pat*
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

So has anyone replayed KS again recently? I'm almost done with my LP of Hanako's path.
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
brythain

Post by brythain »

TK8305 wrote:So has anyone replayed KS again recently? I'm almost done with my LP of Hanako's path.
Yep, just replaying. Going through Shizune's path, slowly, taking notes. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

TK8305 wrote:So has anyone replayed KS again recently? I'm almost done with my LP of Hanako's path.
I'd love to, but I don't have a PC to play it on. All I have is teh forums to supply me with my KS needs.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Playing through Fate/Stay Night, so I haven't touched KS in a while. I'd like it to restore some of my interest in it, as although I like the individual routes, I struggle getting past Act 1 (skipping it feels weird, but it's too familiar.)

Fate/Stay is excellent by the way, but that's a digression.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Playing through Fate/Stay Night, so I haven't touched KS in a while. I'd like it to restore some of my interest in it, as although I like the individual routes, I struggle getting past Act 1 (skipping it feels weird, but it's too familiar.)

Make sure to play Fate/HollowAtaraxia after, the fanservice is strong.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:

As long as some of that fanservice features the very lovely Rin Tohsaka, I think I can probably deal with this.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
As long as some of that fanservice features the very lovely Rin Tohsaka, I think I can probably deal with this.
Trust me, It does.

She also has the longest Eclipse (Bonus continuation of a route, in this case UBW) H-scene to make up for the complete lack of them in FSN. Made me happy.

(Mainly because the H-scene for Rin in FSN is actually god awful.)

And onto a question that was asked earlier, I ran through Emis route on a particularly dull day, but KS hasnt taken up much of my time recently, im a "Finish a VN, get me more" Kinda guy.

ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

My VN craving kinda took a different way in the form of schoolday/romance animes. I never were the type that was all about anime but recently all these incredibly good ones made me want to watch even more. Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai, Clannad & Toradora are some of the ones I watched and absolutely loved. Going to try to watch Anohana next but I need to get sleep first since I have this tendecy to watch ALL episodes in one sitting, I just cant get enough of it :lol:

And on a related note to both anime and KS, it seriously makes my blood boil how clueless or incredibly dense some of the guys can be. I know its because of the story but come on, thats just so unrealistic when the girl basically confesses to you and you act like a idiot and not know whats going on. And this happens also with Hisao on almost every route hes on, some worse then the others but it happens alot.
Last edited by ogorhan on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ogorhan wrote:My VN craving kinda took a different way in the form of schoolday/romance animes. I never were the type that was all about anime but recently all these incredibly good ones made me want to watch even more. Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai, Clannad & Toradora are some of the ones I watched and absolutely loved. Going to try to watch Anohana next but I need to get sleep first since I have this tendecy to watch ALL episodes in one sitting, I just cant get enough of it :lol:

And on a related note to both anime and KS, it seriously makes my blood boil how clueless or incredibly dense some of the guys can be. I know its because of the story but come on, thats just so unrealistic when the girl basically confesses to you and you act like a idiot and not now whats going on. And this happens also with Hisao on almost every route hes one, some worse then the others but it happens alot.
I also enjoy those type of Animes, and Chuunibyou Demo koi Shitai and the sequel where both awesome, first time ive seen the male leader not be dense as fuck half the time. I enjoyed Kaichou wa Maid-sama too, but sometimes that feel a little slow. And the male lead is effectively a superhuman.

But its a Tsundere heroine so fuck yeah.

All routes except Emis, pretty much.

Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Speaking as a guy, I realize I can be occasionally dense-seeming. (I got screamed at for being "shallow" once by a girl who barely met me a day before.) It tends to be a curse of noticing the signs, and then dismissing them as wishful thinking. When she drops a hint, I see it, then do the same as before.

I think if a girl confessed to me out of the blue (like Iwanako, without any dating or whatever) I'd probably be in shock for a while, hence where the stupidity comes in.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

So I finally finished Lilly's route. I didn't get me like Hanako's. Actually I was alot more moved by Emi's story.

I was holding my heart with my hands in the segment whereLilly goes to Scotland, or so we think. I cared enough about her and Hisao's relationship to be standing just a few centimeters from my screen, clenching my teeth, praying everything would end well. I liked Lilly's path. Not enough to turn me into a Lilithian but I liked it a lot.

There were some things that upset me like Hisao's immeadiate acceptance of Lilly's departure to Scotland. He doesn't even say"Don't Go! (I can't do this on my own!)" (cookie to whoever gets this), nor does he try to understand why she wants to go and throw their relationship away like some rubbish who just served its purpose.

The art seemed inconsistent. Mainly because I find Lilly's normal sprite quite odd. It doesn't have the same quality as Shizune's, or Misha's or even Rin's. In the Act 1 finale, the video looked very strange, the characters looked incredibly big, and Lilly didn't look like Lilly. I don't understand since Shizune's, Emi's and Hanako's were fine. Shizune's was actually great!
However the CGIs (is that what they are called? The pictures that pop up every now and then?) were brilliantly beautiful. Truly amazing. From the one where Lilly touches Hisao's face, to the one on the wheat field (people seem to love this one) and finally... the sex scenes.

Those were great. The best so far. I could feel the passion and the love between them. In those picture's Lilly shone the most. She looked incredibly beautiful. All of them were really loving, very erotic and truly meaningful. Loved all of them. The blindfolded one was very surprising (my girlfriend always to do that to me), loved every minute of it.

For now, Lilly's route is the one I liked the most, it's a hardcore love story, true romance at its best. Congratulations to the dev who wrote it (was it Suriko?)!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

LordMarluxia wrote:
For now, Lilly's route is the one I liked the most, it's a hardcore love story, true romance at its best. Congratulations to the dev who wrote it (was it Suriko?)!
Yep; last I knew, it sure was!
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Trust me, It does.

She also has the longest Eclipse (Bonus continuation of a route, in this case UBW) H-scene to make up for the complete lack of them in FSN. Made me happy.

Still waiting for everything to be 100% verified and taken care of. As excite as I am...I will accept nothing less than perfection.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

azumeow wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Trust me, It does.

Still waiting for everything to be 100% verified and taken care of. As excite as I am...I will accept nothing less than perfection.
I just used the TL website and read the translated text alongisde the Japanese one in game.
All of it is translated on the site, and a good 30% of validated text isnt in the game.
http://seiba.us.to/entrans/main.php
Use that, and navigate to the correct scene, it corresponds the map location.
Except Eclipse, which is "Bottom map"