Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dewelar

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by dewelar »

ogorhan wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:They'd make an incredibly unhealthy couple.

Shizune treats Misha as an employee, not as a human. Misha ends up suppressing her own identity for Shizune's sake.
But doesnt this happen because Shizune has no feelings towards Misha and ends up acting like nothing ever changed between them? I think if she was a lesbian that they could be a great couple and Misha wouldnt have to supress her own identity and act more naturally instead of the all happy and bubbly girl all the time.
Yes, if Shizune was a completely different person than who she is, she and Misha could be a great couple. In other news, the sky is blue. :)
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'm starting to get reminded of all those people that claim Hanako and Hisao wouldn't have had any problems with the relationship if they could have just been open with their feelings an talked to each other.

And on that note, if Nomiya wasn't fat and creepy, he'd be thinner and less creepy.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote:And on that note, if Nomiya wasn't fat and creepy, he'd be thinner and less creepy.
No, no, he'd be not-fat and not-creepy. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Oddball wrote:I'm starting to get reminded of all those people that claim Hanako and Hisao wouldn't have had any problems with the relationship if they could have just been open with their feelings an talked to each other.

And on that note, if Nomiya wasn't fat and creepy, he'd be thinner and less creepy.
I might be missing something here but who's Nomiya?!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

LordMarluxia wrote:
Oddball wrote:I'm starting to get reminded of all those people that claim Hanako and Hisao wouldn't have had any problems with the relationship if they could have just been open with their feelings an talked to each other.

The art teacher. Plays an important role in Rin's route. Is fat and creepy. Unless he isn't, in which case he's thinner and less creepy.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

LordMarluxia wrote:

He's the art teacher, and a complete dickwad to Rin.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

LordMarluxia wrote:I might be missing something here but who's Nomiya?!
Did you even play the game?
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

KeiichiO wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote:I might be missing something here but who's Nomiya?!
Did you even play the game?
Considering you only encounter him in 1-1 1/2 routes it's not unlikely some players just never meet him. I certainly didn't until Rin's route.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

I've noticed in alot of fanart they seem to depict Emi/Lilly/Rin etc as mom's talking to their children and then they mention something that reminds them of Hisao and they say "Mommy why are you crying?"

Like here

Would it be considered cliche to make a fan-fic where hisao DOESN'T die after having kid/s/?

Also Emi's hair is REALLY like..Red/Pink in her cinematic.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/oa1VnBR3SzU/maxresdefault.jpg
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Sohtak wrote:
Would it be considered cliche to make a fan-fic where hisao DOESN'T die after having kid/s/?
Far from it, Sohtak.

Ok, so it's a guarantee that Hisao would likely have a few years or so taken off of his life due to his condition, and that said condition has affected several aspects of how he should go about himself. But I don't think that could (or should) stop anyone showing him and his girlfriend/wife/friend-for-life-under-the-same-roof living their lives together. So I personally don't think that writing a story depicting them living happy, relatively normal lives would be considered cliche.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

The cycle of attraction--following everything is 'real--is always:
Curiosity>discovery>attraction>pursue>relationship (assuming everything went well, abridged version)

Following that, it's a lot simpler to divide some of the scenes and put them in each respective category, I'll agree on the notion that Hanako may have attraction on Hisao starting on their 'walk' together.

Since her story takes about 6 weeks total, yeah she does get attraction relatively quick--not sure if it's a good thing or not, but eh, wtv.
And is it just me, but is Lilly being a bit of an irritation in her route? She does play the matchmaker, but the fact that she's looking 'down' on Hanako is not far from true, whether you want to argue it as being 'motherly' or not. She has been doing it for a long time before Hisao enters the scene which is...quite desturbing.

So wouldn't it be safe to argue that Lilly is also Hanako's 'pacifier', so to say? She does have the potential to make friends--it's just how Lilly treats her that 'keeps' her from doing so.

Now on to Shizune.
I'll argue that just because Misha likes her, doesn't mean she has the obligation to like her back. Her disability and overbearing personality--funny enough--plays along the audience's incapability of fully grasping her character (just as she's having a greater difficulty to communicate her thoughts compare to other girls) and most of what she's trying to convey is lost with Misha's translation. This does not make her treat Misha as a 'tool' (for if she did, as what most people believed, she wouldn't go into the trouble of trying to mend their relationship--even risking her own relationship with Hisao in the process--when she could just rely on Hisao as her new translator and disregard Misha entirely). To me, Shizune has a very playful and competitive personality and often tries to bring the best out of others (though not often is it welcomed by most) so she could talk with someone of 'equal' standing.

She knows Hanako is good at chess, thus she challenges her.
She knows Hisao is capable of standing as her equal, thus she tries to coax him into the student council.
And I dare say she wants to make ammends with Lilly, but as long as the other party refuses to do so she can't make a move without causing another argument (pair that with Shizune's overbearing personality and you'll have instant-classic misunderstanding)

Also...
Notice that Hisao has a bit of everything of all the girls? And that each girl brings out the best in one of them or most/all of them? Further, he has that 'mysterious transfer student'-vibe when he enters the classroom, a big plus since you tend to gain more attention than your average male.

On to OCs...
OCs are Original Character, so your interpretation of Hanako is just that--interpretation. OCs are original characters that you created and originally does not exist in the original storyline. Which makes NTR Hanako or Yandere Shizune isn't an OC but more of interpretation and a bit of OOC (out-of-character) moment, usually written...just because. :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Sohtak wrote:Also Emi's hair is REALLY like..Red/Pink in her cinematic.

I honestly thought she had pink hair when I first saw her in-game.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

SpunkySix wrote:
Sohtak wrote:Also Emi's hair is REALLY like..Red/Pink in her cinematic.

I honestly thought she had pink hair when I first saw her in-game.
That's just MikeInel's art style.

It's supposed to be a light orangeish-brown
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

AussieInquisitor wrote:
Sohtak wrote:
Far from it, Sohtak.

Ok, so it's a guarantee that Hisao would likely have a few years or so taken off of his life due to his condition, and that said condition has affected several aspects of how he should go about himself. But I don't think that could (or should) stop anyone showing him and his girlfriend/wife/friend-for-life-under-the-same-roof living their lives together. So I personally don't think that writing a story depicting them living happy, relatively normal lives would be considered cliche.
See that's what I was hoping to hear.

With all these related art-works depicting Hisao birthing a child with Emi/Lilly/Rin and then dying I was like bullshit man. His heart may be weak but he's a strong mother fucker! He deserves a story where there is at least some happyness in his life. (Outside of the original KS story)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

d2r wrote:
Broomhead wrote:That said, I still think Shizune should've ended up with with Misha. They just work better than my Hisao and Shizune.
Loving someone does not entitle you to having them love you back.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon