Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Forever_ambivalent

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

dewelar wrote:I'm not a big fan of such things myself, but if any three-way relationship in the KS-verse has a chance at working, it's more likely to be Emi x Rin x Hisao than either of the other two triads.
Why would it be emi x Run x Hisao? Rin isn't going to be so loose as to have sex with Emi and Hisao just because.
The most likely three way would be shizune x Hisao x misha. I think misha and shizune would be sandwiching Hisao.
Actually that sounds really entertaining.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I should perhaps clarify something, I don't hate Shizune route, I just find it the epitome of meh. If I wanted to be happy I'd listen to Caramelldansen. (I like being happy, but it wasn't why I played the game.) I also somehow felt like I should've been playing Shizune/Misha trying to romance the other rather than Hisao. That relationship seemed like it would've been more interesting.

A polyamorous relationship would be, to say the least, difficult. Leaving gender out of the conversation, it assumes that all three participants are equally loving of each-other, something I know all of my friends and family are incapable of. (Not at an intellectual level, an emotional one.) I perhaps have a big heart (even if its a bit black) because I have had overwhelming crushes on more than 3 people at once, but, of course, I didn't date them all at once so I don't know if I would've gotten to the point of sex with all of them. (After the initial school year with a crush on one of the girls, she fell into the black-hole of trying to be popular.) If I did, then if they were consenting I would've been more than open to the idea. (Although, the other two girls hated each other with a passion, so it was unlikely.)

Perhaps this is because I heard about it on the forums before I encountered the choice, perhaps it's because I played Hanako's route first, but being alone in my room during the night with Misha made me very cautious about interacting with her. (It's how I was raised, kept me out of trouble so far.) I'm also admittedly cold when it comes to people venting with me, so I wasn't caught up in the huggy moment as some others were. (I also felt like their relationship was below the point where hugging would be permissible if it occurred on the bed). So when Misha up and kissed me then asked me to comfort her, I kinda was overwhelmed and backed off.
Marly wrote:I'm going to comfort her, right now.
I do the same often as well. 8)
My original thought when reading this conversation.
My original thought when reading this conversation.
Three Body Problem.gif (21.48 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
dewelar wrote:I'm not a big fan of such things myself, but if any three-way relationship in the KS-verse has a chance at working, it's more likely to be Emi x Rin x Hisao than either of the other two triads.
Why would it be emi x Run x Hisao? Rin isn't going to be so loose as to have sex with Emi and Hisao just because.
The most likely three way would be shizune x Hisao x misha. I think misha and shizune would be sandwiching Hisao.
Actually that sounds really entertaining.
Remember that Rin has some unusual ideas about relationships, to the point that she doesn't really differentiate in her own mind between "friend" and "boy/girlfriend". One could take that to the next step and say that for Rin, sex wouldn't necessarily equate to romantic love to the same degree that it does for the other characters. There's also at least one hint in the VN that Rin and Emi might have...experimented.

I'm not necessarily saying that all of this is true, just that it's more likely than the other options, at least IMO.

EDIT: I just realized that you may have gotten caught up in the placement of the names among the x's. If that's the case...order them as you wish, because that's kind of why it might actually work: all three have shown tendencies toward each of the other two, and it's the most egalitarian possibility of the lot.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

For some reason... and mind you all that I haven't played Rin's path, that ship actually appears to me as cute. I can't explain why, heck I don't know why. But it seems so... probable.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Actually, as I think about it, I could see Lilly x Hisao x Hanako (with Hanako joining them as the third wheel) being more stable than Hanako x Hisao x Lilly. (Note that I didn't say healthy, it could never be healthy.)

Lilly's going to take over the relationship no matter what, and in a relationship where Hisao and Hanako invite Lilly in, Hanako's paranoia will rip the entire relationship apart quickly.

If Hanako's the one invited in, the paranoia that Hisao would leave her for Lilly wouldn't be a factor at all - she's the guest in their already existing relationship, and she'll take what she can get (like I said, not healthy, but certainly doable).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Yeah, I think in Lilly's route when they head to the farmhouse for a week I could definitely see a bit of that.

Lilly of course being the motherly loving type helping Hanako with food

Hanako being the chef of the family.

And they can both take care of Hisao to a certain extent. There is only so much Hanako can do and Lilly would have no idea what was going on if his heart gave out like it did >.>
Potato

Post by Potato »

Denabu wrote:the best part is the moral of it all.
Which is...?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:I still think there should be an option that says something like "give her a damn hug". That shouldn't be a yes/no choice, because Hisao's only options there aren't, "no fak u" or "k let's bang".
I feel like that hug would be leading her on. She's shooting for something physical, and a hug is physical. Going that way would tell her you're into it, but then when you refuse to go further, it would hurt even more.
LordMarluxia wrote:I disagree. She throws herself at Hisao in what I would call in a flirty but playful manner, then pleads "Comfort me Hicchan, just this once".
You and I have very different ideas of what constitutes "flirty but playful", then.

She comes alone to your dorm, after being practically grafted to Shizune at the hip forever. It's after hours. She shuts the door, sits next to you on your bed, tries to kiss you, asks if you like her, buries her face in your chest, and asks you to "comfort" her, "just for today". She ain't playin'.
"Sure Misha, come here" *huggle hugs* "I'm here for you, you bubblegum haired silly girl!" *hugs some more, kiss on the head*
Hugs evolve into heavy petting, heavy petting turns into heavy makeout session, snowball mode engaged, prepare for impact.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

LordMarluxia wrote: Am I the only male on this God forsaken planet that does not crave a threesome in any way?
Making love is intimate, something that should be shared between two people who love each other.
My boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this.
You can't have an afterglow with three people
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote: Am I the only male on this God forsaken planet that does not crave a threesome in any way?
Making love is intimate, something that should be shared between two people who love each other.
It's hard to focus bifocally. My preference is certainly linear and not triangular. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
d2r

Post by d2r »

Munchenhausen wrote:

:lol:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Why not, while I agree sex is something for those in love, no reason why 3 people who share feelings for each other can't have that, plus an afterglow.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

The chances of a true love shared by three people are probably low. (reciprocal love between two people is already not so simple)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I still think there should be an option that says something like "give her a damn hug". That shouldn't be a yes/no choice, because Hisao's only options there aren't, "no fak u" or "k let's bang".
I feel like that hug would be leading her on. She's shooting for something physical, and a hug is physical. Going that way would tell her you're into it, but then when you refuse to go further, it would hurt even more.
It doesn't have to be a physical hug, I just used that to give a general idea.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:
It doesn't have to be a physical hug, I just used that to give a general idea.
It could mean having a long serious talk with Misha, comforting hugs are best hugs, making it clear that things wouldn't go further since the beginning should hold some pain back.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."