Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote: 'showy' Girl
Oh, the irony...
Oh, I dunno.. she could do pretty well in a circus show c:
Image

The shots, they have been fired.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
SiniisteR
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SiniisteR » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Munchenhausen wrote: My favourite scene, by far is the Wheatfield.
As much as Lilly isn't bestgirl, that scene was so fucking sweet I got diabetes
Image

If it wasn't for Lilly's excessive use of "I love you", that scene would have been pretty much perfect for me.
SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:Lilly diddling herself
Lilliddy dillidy doo, bee-boppin' that blind bugaboo.

User avatar
Sohtak
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Sohtak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:35 pm

SiniisteR wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote: My favourite scene, by far is the Wheatfield.
As much as Lilly isn't bestgirl, that scene was so fucking sweet I got diabetes
Image

If it wasn't for Lilly's excessive use of "I love you", that scene would have been pretty much perfect for me.
Well....she was in a very emotional state because Hisao is a damn moron and forgot to take his pills causing his sort of....mini heart attack.

They were far from any hospital (I assume) and she couldn't see what was going on when Hanako screamed Hisaos name

IMO it made it all the sweeter because she was scared and forced herself to show her emotions

User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by ParagonTerminus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:13 pm

My favourite non-romantic moment was, indubitably, Hanako's confession.

Hanako route spoiler ahead.

When she just says "I had an... Accident" and it takes Hisao a moment to catch on, and then the terrible stuttering, Hanako's deep and terrible frown... And then the crayon drawing. Oh god the drawing.

But most of all, Painful History playing in the background. Sombre, sad, and designed with the singular evil purpose of shattering your innocent little heart into a million bleeding pieces with a single fell swoop.


That scene was the first time I've ever gotten remotely close to crying in any video game.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:08 pm

ParagonTerminus wrote:My favourite non-romantic moment was, indubitably, Hanako's confession.

Hanako route spoiler ahead.

When she just says "I had an... Accident" and it takes Hisao a moment to catch on, and then the terrible stuttering, Hanako's deep and terrible frown... And then the crayon drawing. Oh god the drawing.

But most of all, Painful History playing in the background. Sombre, sad, and designed with the singular evil purpose of shattering your innocent little heart into a million bleeding pieces with a single fell swoop.


That scene was the first time I've ever gotten remotely close to crying in any video game.
Call me a stone but I didnt find that scene too sad. Found Emi's Good ending scene (Graveyard one) worse to me.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Sohtak
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Sohtak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:21 pm

I cried at both of those parts but Emi's good ending always rubbed me wrong

It's like "We just visited your fathers grave it's time for sex" like...no

It didn't feel right to me and it felt awkward.

User avatar
TK8305
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by TK8305 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 pm

I guess you could look at it like, lets celebrate life and relish the time we have together and not think about all that horrible stuff.

Man....Hanako's Good Ending hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I went through it. The whole misunderstading & miscommunication long before the sex.....I had a feeling she was gonna misinterpret a lot of things and feel like she had to offer herself. ;-;
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Potato » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:I really want to start bantering about the difference between American (Har-nukko) and British (Hannah-ko) pronunciations
No American would ever pronounce it Har-nukko unless they're an uneducated illiterate because that isn't how it's pronounced in American English.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3537
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Potato wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I really want to start bantering about the difference between American (Har-nukko) and British (Hannah-ko) pronunciations
No American would ever pronounce it Har-nukko unless they're an uneducated illiterate because that isn't how it's pronounced in American English.
I think Munch got it the other way around.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Potato » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm

brythain wrote:
Potato wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I really want to start bantering about the difference between American (Har-nukko) and British (Hannah-ko) pronunciations
No American would ever pronounce it Har-nukko unless they're an uneducated illiterate because that isn't how it's pronounced in American English.
I think Munch got it the other way around.
So Har-nukko is the British pronunciation?

...Still, where's the R come from? :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by KeiichiO » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Potato wrote:So Har-nukko is the British pronunciation?

...Still, where's the R come from? :lol:
From the alphabet.

User avatar
SiniisteR
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SiniisteR » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Sohtak wrote:IMO it made it all the sweeter because she was scared and forced herself to show her emotions
I get what you mean. Her breaking down and being able to open up was exactly what I had expected. It was only that she expressed her feelings so many times at once that it started to become less 'breaking down a wall' and more acting out of character for me, especially since she's one of the most calm and collected girls out of them all.
SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:Lilly diddling herself
Lilliddy dillidy doo, bee-boppin' that blind bugaboo.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Potato » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:19 pm

SiniisteR wrote:
Sohtak wrote:IMO it made it all the sweeter because she was scared and forced herself to show her emotions
I get what you mean. Her breaking down and being able to open up was exactly what I had expected. It was only that she expressed her feelings so many times at once that it started to become less 'breaking down a wall' and more acting out of character for me, especially since she's one of the most calm and collected girls out of them all.
Because Lilly expressing herself at a point where she absolutely would express herself is out-of-character...In some other game that only you and nobody else played. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Sohtak wrote:I cried at both of those parts but Emi's good ending always rubbed me wrong

It's like "We just visited your fathers grave it's time for sex" like...no

It didn't feel right to me and it felt awkward.
:|


...so, like, is this a good spot to step in and interject, or am I not supposed to do that anymore?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Potato » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Seems like a perfect time for sex, really. That's sad shit. Endorphins are literally happiness in chemical form. Sex = endorphins. Good timing, Emi. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Post Reply