Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Forever_ambivalent

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Kibaro wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:touching wall of text
touchy story there spunkychan :) btw what other routes do you still have to complete? or you want to make big breaks between each route?:P should we expect another 1k comments before the next route?:)) jk jk :) glad you enjoyed little rin's story:D to be honest, when rin went and said she wants to destroy herself, not too far from nomiyas and her friends talk about their artist friend, who was just like rin (more or less) commited suicide, well guess what i thought could happen to rin? :)) yeah, well you knew from the start how it's going to end but yeah, not so much for me;))
It's called foreshadowing.
It was because of this that I eventually cried at the end of Rin's neutral ending. The thought of Rin slowly breaking herself into pieces due to art and than breaking down and finally committing suicide was just too sad. That put alongside the entire scene in general just made it unbearable.
Rin is just a beautiful character. Albeit a very unfortunate individual as well.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Forever_ambivalent wrote: It's called foreshadowing.
It was because of this that I eventually cried at the end of Rin's neutral ending. The thought of Rin slowly breaking herself into pieces due to art and than breaking down and finally committing suicide was just too sad. That put alongside the entire scene in general just made it unbearable.
Rin is just a beautiful character. Albeit a very unfortunate individual as well.
i don't think she considers herself unfortunate tho :P
Forever_ambivalent

Kibaro wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote: It's called foreshadowing.
i don't think she considers herself unfortunate tho :P
I don't think many people consider themselves unfortunate. I think they become melancholic or sad over something and that makes us think that they are unfortunate. Perhaps unfortunate isn't the best word. I doubt that explanation is understandable either.
Rin is a rather miserable individual. Hisao seems to help initially but Hisao was such a bitch in Rin's route. Completely aware that she is doing a big project and yet he decides to propose to her. Rin doesn't even fully reject him. She just tells him that right now isn't the best time to do this talk about this. He than proceeds to shout at her, throw her into a "Which is more precious me or work" situation and even get pissed off at Rin for asking him to leave her alone for the project for awhile.
Hisao really irritates me in this route. Perhaps I should replay Rin's route again and try to be a bit nicer to Hisao and try to understand him a bit more.
I should really do Rin's route again.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Forever_ambivalent wrote: I don't think many people consider themselves unfortunate. I think they become melancholic or sad over something and that makes us think that they are unfortunate. Perhaps unfortunate isn't the best word. I doubt that explanation is understandable either.
Rin is a rather miserable individual. Hisao seems to help initially but Hisao was such a bitch in Rin's route. Completely aware that she is doing a big project and yet he decides to propose to her. Rin doesn't even fully reject him. She just tells him that right now isn't the best time to do this talk about this. He than proceeds to shout at her, throw her into a "Which is more precious me or work" situation and even get pissed off at Rin for asking him to leave her alone for the project for awhile.
Hisao really irritates me in this route. Perhaps I should replay Rin's route again and try to be a bit nicer to Hisao and try to understand him a bit more.
rin's way of being is not something that anyone with a normal way of being like hisaos can understand very easy imo, alot of people in hisaos shoes might've also gotten frustrated at her randomness, random shrugs to what other people might consider important questions, her never knowing something for certain and stuff like that and shout at her or give up on her, i think hisao's first reactions were pretty natural. at the "Which is more precious me or work" i think hisao felt that they already made an obvious bond, and when you make a bond you cant just ignore something like that, not even irl can you? i mean you can but a normal reaction is to want someone to pick you over work, right? i mean that's how i personally think would be a natural reaction, i might be wrong idk:P
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Hisao seems to help initially but Hisao was such a bitch in Rin's route. Completely aware that she is doing a big project and yet he decides to propose to her. Rin doesn't even fully reject him. She just tells him that right now isn't the best time to do this talk about this. He than proceeds to shout at her, throw her into a "Which is more precious me or work" situation and even get pissed off at Rin for asking him to leave her alone for the project for awhile.
Yes, how dare Hisao be pissed off at Rin for completely isolating and destroying herself over work...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Forever_ambivalent

Kibaro wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote: I don't think many people consider themselves unfortunate. I think they become melancholic or sad over something and that makes us think that they are unfortunate. Perhaps unfortunate isn't the best word. I doubt that explanation is understandable either.
rin's way of being is not something that anyone with a normal way of being like hisaos can understand very easy imo, alot of people in hisaos shoes might've also gotten frustrated at her randomness, random shrugs to what other people might consider important questions, her never knowing something for certain and stuff like that and shout at her or give up on her, i think hisao's first reactions were pretty natural. at the "Which is more precious me or work" i think hisao felt that they already made an obvious bond, and when you make a bond you cant just ignore something like that, not even irl can you? i mean you can but a normal reaction is to want someone to pick you over work, right? i mean that's how i personally think would be a natural reaction, i might be wrong idk:P
No the entire "Who is more important me or work" is just extremely childish, retarded and wrong. You have to be pretty insensitive and selfish to put somebody in that kind of situation. Especially after Hisao pushes Rin into the exhibition thing and hopes that she does her best. He seemed to be pretty nonchalant about the whole "i'm gonna destroy myself" thing. He only really started to react when she told him that she wants him to stop visiting him (which is very understandable).
Hisao is patient enough to deal with Rin. We see that in Emi's route. He was just being an extremely (insert multiple derogatory words) person. Right now I cannot think of any justifications of what Hisao did to Rin. Rin isn't that hard to understand either. You just have to be a bit more open minded and sensitive.
Also Rin's shrugs aren't random. If you think Rin is just entirely random you are wrong.
I have this feeling that you really don't understand Rin very well. (based on this post and your previous posts).
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:

No the entire "Who is more important me or work" is just extremely childish, retarded and wrong. You have to be pretty insensitive and selfish to put somebody in that kind of situation. Especially after Hisao pushes Rin into the exhibition thing and hopes that she does her best. He seemed to be pretty nonchalant about the whole "i'm gonna destroy myself" thing. He only really started to react when she told him that she wants him to stop visiting him (which is very understandable).
Hisao is patient enough to deal with Rin. We see that in Emi's route. He was just being an extremely (insert multiple derogatory words) person. Right now I cannot think of any justifications of what Hisao did to Rin. Rin isn't that hard to understand either. You just have to be a bit more open minded and sensitive.
Also Rin's shrugs aren't random. If you think Rin is just entirely random you are wrong.
I have this feeling that you really don't understand Rin very well. (based on this post and your previous posts).
i never say i did understand her and you're corect that i don'tr really understand her, she confuses me and don't understand why she does things the way she does, that being said, i don't have anything against her, she is fun and cute and all, just confusing for me idk, i just say how i see her with my confusion :)
Forever_ambivalent

Kibaro wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:

Hisao is patient enough to deal with Rin. We see that in Emi's route. He was just being an extremely (invert multiple derogatory words) person. Right now I cannot think of any justifications of what Hisao did to Rin. Rin isn't that hard to understand either. You just have to be a bit more open minded and sensitive.
i never say i did understand her and you're corect that i don'tr really understand her, she confuses me and don't understand why she does things the way she does, that being said, i don't have anything against her, she is fun and cute and all, just confusing for me idk, i just say how i see her with my confusion :)
Fair enough. She isn't the easiest character to understand.
Still having on Hisao though...goddamn ass.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

So I have an eye condition called Keratoconus, where the cornea of the eye gets thinner and distorted. At this time, the only way to treat the latter stages is a cornea transplant when I reach my 40s, but till then I wear custom made gas permeable contact lens, which give me near prefect vision. Only sometimes the lens themselves can scratch the cornea or in worse cases situations, cause a tear. Then that happens, I can't wear lens in the affected eye and need a trip to the doctors or A&E to get prescription eye drops. Thankfully most of the times all I need is to leave the lens out for a few hours or a day and for that, I sometimes wear an eye patch to keep the light off my eye to avoid light sensitive headaches and to help focus my vision (I get double vision amongst things when the lens are out).

The last few days have been rough on my left eye so the eye patch has come out. When I went down to the corner shop down the road on Saturday a little girl, no older than 7 I'd say was in the queue in front of me and noticed the eye patch. She gasped at the sight and turned away fast enough to give herself whiplash. But every few seconds, she looked back at me to steal a glance. In the end, her mother noticed what was going on and gave her a little scolding. I assured her that "I've still got an eye under it." Had my hands been free, I would have flipped the patch to confirm it for her.

And just tonight, I went down to the superstore wearing the eye patch, only this time I could see more of the others customers giving me a second glance, which I will admit, made me feel very conscience about my appearance and actions, like always having to check my blind spot when coming out of an aisle. When I was walking out the store, it dawned on me that is what some Yamaku students must have felt like at the festival. So yeah, not disabled, but I know the feeling.
Last edited by Rhodri on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Rhodri wrote:text.
i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks eye patches are look cool:) and please don't think i don't take your story seriously, just made a random comment related to that, but related to the yamaku students, i like seeing how they managed to get over their disabilities in their own way:) and unlike hisao most stopped being bothered by having a disability and just accepted it as being normal for them:) also is that you in your avatar?:)
Forever_ambivalent

Rhodri wrote:So I have an eye condition called Keratoconus, where the cornea of the eye gets thinner and distorted. At this time, the only way to treat the latter stages is a cornea transplant when I reach my 40s, but till then I wear custom made gas permeable contact lens, which give me near prefect vision. Only sometimes the lens themselves can scratch the cornea or in worse cases situations, cause a tear. Then that happens, I can't wear lens in the affected eye and need a trip to doctors to get prescription eye drops. Thankfully most of the times all I need is to leave the lens out for a few hours or a day and for that, I sometimes wear an eye patch to keep the light off my eye to avoid light sensitive headaches and to help focus my vision (I get double vision amongst things when the lens are out).

The last few days have been rough on my left eye so the eye patch has come out. When I went down to the corner shop down the road on Saturday a little girl, no older than 7 I'd say was in the queue in front of me and noticed the eye patch. She gasped at the sight and turned away fast enough to give herself whiplash. But every few seconds, she looked back at me to steal a glance. In the end, her mother noticed what was going on and gave her a little scolding. In the end, I assured her that "I've still got an eye under it." Had my hands been free, I would have flipped the patch to confirm it for her.

And just tonight, I went down to the superstore wearing the eye patch, only this time I could see more of the others customers giving me a second glance, which I will admit, made me feel very conscience about my appearance and actions, likes always having to check my blind spot when coming out of an aisle. When I was walking out the store, it dawned on me that is what some Yamaku students must have felt like at the festival. So yeah, not disabled, but I know the feeling.
That's very strange. Grown people giving you odd glares for an eye patch!? What community do you live in?
Today I just a women with scars all over her face in the tube and nobody gave a damn. Nobody treated her any different to anyone else on the train.
The teenagers in my school treat blind people like any other person. They do help them if they ever need it but they just don't take their blindness as a big thing. They are just another normal person who unfortunately has no eyesight. I never understood this whole eyeing disabled people. Why would a person do something so obviously offensive and socially inadequate?
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Kibaro wrote:i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks eye patches are look cool:)
All I heard on my ward at work on Saturday was pirate related. Sure Emi would have approved, but it did get a bit tiring
Kibaro wrote:also is that you in your avatar?:)
Nah, got it from this video, which is the source of the quote in my signature. Just love that pose and the grin.

This is me. I hadn't shaved for 5 days, I'd just got off work, my right eye was playing up and my old eye patch was broken, so I improvised with some socks which messed up my sweat infused hair then took a poorly focused photo with my ipod. Prepare for the horror.
Last edited by Rhodri on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Numb

Post by Numb »

Rhodri wrote:Stuff about eyes
It's things like this that I sometimes get annoyed at. Whenever you don't have to wear the eyepatch, nobody knows or cares that you're disabled, or close to it, because it isn't visible. As people may have noticed from my sig, I suffer from congenital analgesia, one of the "invisible" disabilities. I have my own version of the eyepatch, which comes in the form of visible injuries and scars. Some stay, some fade, some are mysteries even to me, but people ask about them from time to time. The answer is pretty much always the same, like I'm reading from a script.

One thing that you may or may not have experienced is the "Oh yeah? Prove it". This happens when people refuse to believe that there is anything wrong with you and require proof of your condition. With your eyes, it's probably as simple as showing your contacts or something, but for my CIP, it adds to the proverbial eyepatch. They usually want to test my reaction to being hit. Now, as much as I'd like to compare this to asking a man in a wheelchair to stand up and prove he can't walk, I can't. A wheelchair is a common sight, and paralysis is common enough that people don't ask about it. People already know what it is. Lesser known conditions though, they get a lot of raised eyebrows and "tests". At least I do.

I don't get the festival effect you talked about very often. One thing I do get though is the classroom effect. Hisao enters the class and sees a bunch of normal looking people. It makes him feel like a hidden freak, until he realises he's in a room full of people with disabilities. I'm never in that room though. I know I'm different, and I know that people can't see that, but it still makes me feel weird in large crowds. I always feel the need to find somebody else who is different.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:That's very strange. Grown people giving you odd glares for an eye patch!? What community do you live in?
Probably any community of people ever. There's nothing at all strange about people glancing (there is no mention of glaring) at odd sights. And a guy wearing an eyepatch is an odd sight outside of pirate movies and Woodbury.
Forever_ambivalent wrote:she told him that she wants him to stop visiting her (which is very understandable).

Hisao is patient enough to deal with Rin. We see that in Emi's route.

justifications of what Hisao did to Rin. Rin isn't that hard to understand either. You just have to be a bit more open minded and sensitive.
Yes, Rin wanting him to stop visiting for no apparent reason is understandable...Except not.

We never see that in Emi's route because he's not dealing with Rin in that route. Most of that route is dealing with Emi. There's a world of difference between having a couple lunches with somebody and spending most of your waking time around them.

The justification is that she pissed him off. It's not a tough one. And Rin is hard to understand because nothing she says makes any external sense. Being "sensitive" doesn't change how she communicates.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Forever_ambivalent

Numb wrote:
Rhodri wrote:Stuff about eyes

One thing that you may or may not have experienced is the "Oh yeah? Prove it". This happens when people refuse to believe that there is anything wrong with you and require proof of your condition. With your eyes, it's probably as simple as shown your contacts or something, but for my CIP, it adds to the proverbial eyepatch. They usually want to test my reaction to being hit. Now, as much as I'd like to compare this to asking a man in a wheelchair to stand up and prove he can't walk, I can't. A wheelchair is a common sight, and paralysis is common enough that people don't ask about it. People already know what it is. Lesser known conditions though, they get a lot of raised eyebrows and "tests". At least I do.
God is this annoying. I have a condition called photophobia.
photophobia is obvious. You have to wear sunglasses to filter out most of the light. Otherwise you will get a severe headache and possibly a migraine (putting aside how disturbing and painful it is). Very few people believes this condition exists the first time I tell them about it and most just state that I am making it up so that I can look cool or some other shit that makes no sense. Somebody actually decided to take my sunglasses while I was outside just to see if I was correct. Can't put on light filtering contact lenses either because my eyes are too sensitive ( I can't open my eyes in water). I tried but it hurt too much and I couldn't take it out easily.

I just opt to not going outside or if I have to I will go blind using an understanding friend of mine for navigation. People act too much like an ass towards disabilities they have no clue about. Sunglasses attract far too much attention ( which is usually negative for me. I don't want to look like a goddamn spy or a guy from men in black).
Last edited by Forever_ambivalent on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.