Notable non-KS disabled characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Notable non-KS disabled characters

Post by Atario »

Remember the movie See No Evil, Hear No Evil, starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor? A few memorable disabled characters in that one, including the stars. Great flick, too.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:Remember the movie See No Evil, Hear No Evil, starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor? A few memorable disabled characters in that one, including the stars. Great flick, too.
Interesting.
I'll look it up.

Oh yeah:

Doctor Curt Connors of the Spiderman series.

I'm amused no-one mentioned him XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh right... Connors is awesome.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Connors is disabled?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato from page 3 wrote:Nobody has brought up Toph Beifong yet. This is a disappointment.
KeiichiO from page 1 wrote:Toph Bei Fong A.K.A. the "Blind Bandit" from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Hmmm...

---
There was this cripple pony on a recent episode of MLP. I doubt he'll ever appear again, so he's not really that notable... Well, I guess he's notable in that he's crippled horse that wasn't put down...
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:Connors is disabled?
Missing your right arm from elbow down is considered a physical disability, yes.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
El Zilcho

Post by El Zilcho »

Counting characters disabled later in life and those with advanced prosthetics:

- Edward Elric - Missing arm and leg. Notable in that, while he does have advanced prosthetics, they have drawbacks (can break, need frequent maintenance, problems with heat and cold) and weren't a cure-all replacement.
- John Q Mind/Mind Quad (American Dad) - His arms and legs weren't blown off, they were blown in...to his MIND!
- Barbara Gordon/Oracle/Batgirl I - Paralyzed for a long time, until they fixed her...somehow.
- Various characters from the Walking Dead comic - Carl (eye, facial disfigurement), Rick (hand), the Governor (arm, eye, etc), Heath (leg), Dale (leg), etc.
- Various characters from the Invincible comic, most having had their missing body parts replaced with advanced prosthetics or something comparable - Oliver Grayson (arm, jaw), Conquest (arm, eye), Bulletproof/Invincible II (hand), Angstrom Levy (hand, various other parts), General Kregg (eye), Rex Plode (hand), Cecil Stedman (skin), Donald (whole body), Rick Sheridan (arm, other parts), etc.
- Circuit Breaker (Transformers comics) - Paralyzed, uses high tech suit to move
Atario wrote:
Zombie Archie-n-pals? Is it just me, or has the Archie comics universe run completely off the rails?
Afterlife with Archie is surprisingly really, really good. It's got the atmosphere of an old horror comic and the whole thing is played straight; ie - it's not just another Walking Dead parody. I generally can't stand the Archie comics myself, but Afterlife is one of my favorite monthly comics right now.
Potato

Post by Potato »

I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Steinherz wrote: Doctor Curt Connors of the Spiderman series.
On the topic of scientists, there's Huey from the Metal Gear series! And there's also Miller.

...Well, there's the Fury, too, but I'm not sure if being bacon'd from atmospheric reentry counts as a disability.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

They could have called himself something like Pantera, or The Ripper, or something... but nobody expected Armless Tiger Man. And THAT'S why he's a supervillain.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Wait... Nick Fury is missing an eye, or at least it's real messed up.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Adding to the "characters having limb issues later in life", there's War from Darksiders.

Yes, the giant gauntlet he wears on his left arm is actually a prosthesis.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

SpunkySix wrote:Wait... Nick Fury is missing an eye, or at least it's real messed up.
Depends on which Nick Fury you're talking about.

If it's the white guy, he still has his eye, but it was damaged by shrapnel a long time ago and he lost 95% of his vision in that eye. He wears a patch because actually trying to see out of that eye would cause his good eye to degrade as well.

If it's the black guy that looks like Samuel L. Jackson, then he's missing the eye.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Wait... Nick Fury is missing an eye, or at least it's real messed up.
Depends on which Nick Fury you're talking about.

If it's the white guy, he still has his eye, but it was damaged by shrapnel a long time ago and he lost 95% of his vision in that eye. He wears a patch because actually trying to see out of that eye would cause his good eye to degrade as well.

If it's the black guy that looks like Samuel L. Jackson, then he's missing the eye.
Oh, okay, thanks. I wish I could follow the comics more closely, but I have no idea where to start even.

And apparently if it actually is Samuel L. Jackson, his eye is there, but it's so screwed up that it's useless for anything more than taking a retinal scan for identification.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Comics are overrated. I just follow the movies so there's no confusion. :lol:

This guy has constantly-decaying flesh which is the closest thing to a disability in that universe.

Leatherface has some mild retardation. On top of being raised as a psychopath. (Also, the actor legit started to lose his fucking mind and actually cut his 'victim'...)

A character in Carrie was technically deaf for a time...Because the actress had a scene where she's attacked with a fire hose. And the director insisted on using an actual fucking fire hose and it blasted right through the eardrum.

And Garrett of Thief fame had an eye ripped out. Being a cyclops would suck...