Notable non-KS disabled characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Notable non-KS disabled characters

Post by Steinherz »

SpunkySix wrote:
Kibaro wrote:Batman? being a superhero without superpowers...now THAT's a disability:))
Well, he does get his back snapped at one point...

Come to think of it, does Iron Man's reliance on power cores to keep his heart going count as a disability?
It depends on which Iron Man.
If it's the main Iron Man, then no, because the Arc Reactor is keeping shrapnel from getting to his heart and killing him. Other alternate Iron Man do have the AR as a generator because he had heart disease.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If it's the main Iron Man, then no, because the Arc Reactor is keeping shrapnel from getting to his heart and killing him.
I'd count that.

When you have to use a medical devise constantly to keep yourself alive, I'd say you qualify.

And movie Tony Stark should consider himself lucky. he only has that little arc reactor he wears. Back in the 60s when Ironman first appeared, he had to wear the entire chest plate constantly.

... he could also apparently plug it into anything to recharge it, but that's another topic. A stupider one. :roll:

And let me mention the guy in my avatar. Vash the Stampede.

He has a prosthetic arm, massive scarring and several metal plates and bolts holding him together.

Here's a picture of him from the manga.
Vash_scarred_Trigun-270x590.jpg
Vash_scarred_Trigun-270x590.jpg (69.05 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:
If it's the main Iron Man, then no, because the Arc Reactor is keeping shrapnel from getting to his heart and killing him.
I'd count that.

When you have to use a medical devise constantly to keep yourself alive, I'd say you qualify.

And movie Tony Stark should consider himself lucky. he only has that little arc reactor he wears. Back in the 60s when Ironman first appeared, he had to wear the entire chest plate constantly.

... he could also apparently plug it into anything to recharge it, but that's another topic. A stupider one. :roll:
Yeah, but that got changed as the story continued y'know?
Oddball wrote:And let me mention the guy in my avatar. Vash the Stampede.

He has a prosthetic arm, massive scarring and several metal plates and bolts holding him together.

Here's a picture of him from the manga.
Vash_scarred_Trigun-270x590.jpg
And the fangirls still love him. Though that might be because of his personality :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Im quite surprised no one has mentioned Edward and Al Elric from Full metal alchemist yet.

Also, alot of the cast of Kagerou project are disabled in some way, Ene when she was human had narcolepsy for example.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:Batman? being a superhero without superpowers...now THAT's a disability:))
Being rich is a superpower.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
Being rich is a superpower.
He has the same disability as Hanako!
Parents died horrifically before their very eyes as a child
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Does Celty from Durarara count. She lacks a head 8)
Jokes aside, Celty is mute ( don't know why she doesn't bother to learn sign language though.)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:(I don't know why she doesn't bother to learn sign language though.)
Depends on what kind of mutism she has, I'd imagine
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:(I don't know why she doesn't bother to learn sign language though.)
Read 'mutism' as 'autism'.

GLaDOS from Portal counts as disabled, right? I mean, Caroline definitely is but I dunno about GLaDOS. I mean, some screwy programming in her main body does drive any attached AI completely mad...Madness counts, right?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:GLaDOS from Portal counts as disabled, right? I mean, Caroline definitely is but I dunno about GLaDOS. I mean, some screwy programming in her main body does drive any attached AI completely mad...Madness counts, right?
Caroline? Her only disability being her having a severe case of dead? :lol:
I dunno about GLaDOS. I wouldn't necessarily class that as a disablility, per se.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Forever_ambivalent

Munchenhausen wrote:
She can't speak
At all.
I'm sure Shinra wouldn't mind learning it for her either. She could easily express more expression using sign language as well.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Dr. Destiny in certain portrayals is horribly crippled and confined to a wheelchair.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Depends on what kind of mutism she has, I'd imagine
She can't speak
At all.
I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but my mother used to work as a Teaching assistant in a special needs school and currently works with 'troubled children' in foster homes, and I've picked up a few tidbits of information over the years from her.

If she can hear fine, it may just be a case that she doesn't feel the need to communicate herself; just that listening is all she needs, for the most part.
She may be stubborn and not want to learn...

Hell, I don't even know the character, I don't know why I'm rambling on like this :lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Potato wrote:GLaDOS from Portal counts as disabled, right? I mean, Caroline definitely is but I dunno about GLaDOS. I mean, some screwy programming in her main body does drive any attached AI completely mad...Madness counts, right?
Caroline? Her only disability being her having a severe case of dead? :lol:
I dunno about GLaDOS. I wouldn't necessarily class that as a disablility, per se.
But she isn't dead. Just...Rendered incapable of humanity. :lol:

I think the guy from Hotline Miami suffers from some manner of severe dementia...
Forever_ambivalent

Munchenhausen wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Depends on what kind of mutism she has, I'd imagine
She can't speak
At all.
I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but my mother used to work as a Teaching assistant in a special needs school and currently works with 'troubled children' in foster homes, and I've picked up a few tidbits of information over the years from her.

If she can hear fine, it may just be a case that she doesn't feel the need to communicate herself; just that listening is all she needs, for the most part.
She may be stubborn and not want to learn...

Hell, I don't even know the character, I don't know why I'm rambling on like this :lol:
She doesn't have a head. She can hear and see perfectly fine ( I think she can also smell stuff) but she doesn't have anything for a mouth. She can't eat or speak literally.

You should watch Durarara. Its a pretty darn good anime.