Notable non-KS disabled characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ArazelEternal

Re: Notable non-KS disabled characters

Post by ArazelEternal »

Tomoko Fujinami from Canvas 2 has a heart condition. She would fit in well I think.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Munchenhausen wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:Can't imagine anyone has mentioned the wheelchair-bound Lord Guinness from Around The World with Willy Fog yet...
It's not every day you get Guinness and Wheelchair in the same context...
Or "bound". :wink:
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Was reminded of this while rereading the headcanon thread, and so have a few more to add.
First, the Doof Warrior from Mad Max: Fury Road. Possibly the most badass blind man since Zatoichi. He may be working for the villain, but you can't help but love a guy who plays a flamethrowing guitar. See you in Valhalla, you crazy-awesome dude.
Second, a couple of characters from RWBY. (A series, incidentally, that a flamethrowing guitar would be right at home in.) Due to injuries sustained in a fight with his father, Mercury Black lost his legs from the midthigh-down. But considering his prosthetic legs have guns built in, I don't think he has any complaints.
Also, Yang has her right arm severed just above the elbow at the end of Volume 3. No word yet on whether she'll get some sort of weaponized prosthetic replacement yet.
Third, in a weird way, Shockwave from Transformers, at least the G1 incarnation. After all, he only has one eye, and one hand. (Although the other arm ends in a laser cannon, he still can't pick things up with that.)
Last edited by emmjay on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

TBH, I have not really read a series with disabilities, but I have many OC's with them, and I plan to write manga. If you are interested in hearing more about some, PM me. :)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

QuietlySomething wrote:Professor X! Oracle!

Damn, I'm a nerd.
On the subject of comic book characters, Deadpool may not be disabled, but he is certainly disfigured.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

emmjay wrote:
QuietlySomething wrote:Professor X! Oracle!

Damn, I'm a nerd.
On the subject of comic book characters, Deadpool may not be disabled, but he is certainly disfigured.
That and he has what should be fatal cancer.
Not Dead Yet
LordDarknus

Man, imagine Zack Morris telling Emi about Daryl Lorenz...

Post by LordDarknus »

Patrick Star wrote:Now, you must acquire a taste for, Free-form Jazz!

There's a Gundam series going on now (no, not that one about Martian orphans with iron blood), and one of the protagonists main characters has the same physical challenges as Emi.

You can watch it on YouTube!

SUB version

DUB version

DUB version on another channel (which might still be available after December 8th)

But the description on the official channel says "until December 8th", or more specifically, "Available until 8th December PM17:00 (JST)". So... watch it soon! Like, real soon!

Or just wait for the whole Thunderbolt series to finish first then buy the BluRay or something, if you're reading this by PM17:01 (JST) December 8th. (Sorry!)

Also, while I'm here, might as well start some meaningless flame wars!

THE SUB > THE DUB
FULL ARMOUR GUNDAM > REUSE PSYCHO ZAKU
FREEFORM JAZZ > SAPPY POP SONGS

Io Fleming: "My girlfriend and my taste in music are better than yours!"

Daryl Lorenz: "F*ck that noise! And at least my girlfriend survived the battle!"

Io Fleming: "Noooooo!!"

Disclaimer: This major spoiler was brought to you by Zack Morris. Remember: He is trash!

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I don't know if this counts as notable per se, but I just watched a movie on Amazon about a killer mime called Silent But Deadly, and it featured a woman with a prosthetic arm in it. Since it was a meta sendup of slashers she was a total archetype of the final girl with a sad backstory, but her actual handicap was (pleasantly) surprisingly not the subject of mockery and the closest thing to a joke at her expense in that respect was actually a pretty badass moment where she clocks a guy with her arm after disconnecting it from her shoulder.

So that happened.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

SpunkySix wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:58 am

I don't know if this counts as notable per se, but I just watched a movie on Amazon about a killer mime called Silent But Deadly, and it featured a woman with a prosthetic arm in it. Since it was a meta sendup of slashers she was a total archetype of the final girl with a sad backstory, but her actual handicap was (pleasantly) surprisingly not the subject of mockery and the closest thing to a joke at her expense in that respect was actually a pretty badass moment where she clocks a guy with her arm after disconnecting it from her shoulder.

So that happened.

So you might say she was... armed and ready?

nl4real

Post by nl4real »

emmjay wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:07 am
SpunkySix wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:58 am

So that happened.

So you might say she was... armed and ready?

► Show Spoiler