Notable non-KS disabled characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Notable non-KS disabled characters

Post by Steinherz »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Im quite surprised no one has mentioned Edward and Al Elric from Full metal alchemist yet.

Also, alot of the cast of Kagerou project are disabled in some way, Ene when she was human had narcolepsy for example.
Ed counts, Al doesn't.
Unless being a soul anchored to an object (n his case, a suit of armour) counts as a disability. Then every single lich ever would be disabled :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

That girl without a head... she can borrow mine, if she wants. :wink:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Steinherz wrote: Ed counts, Al doesn't.
Unless being a soul anchored to an object (n his case, a suit of armour) counts as a disability. Then every single lich ever would be disabled :lol:
I'd say he counts, unless having no sense of taste, touch or smell isn't a disability
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Christopher Snow is a pretty cool guy. He battles genetically-enhanced monkeys and doesn't afraid of anything.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Oddball wrote:And movie Tony Stark should consider himself lucky. he only has that little arc reactor he wears. Back in the 60s when Ironman first appeared, he had to wear the entire chest plate constantly.

Hah, transistors! :lol: Obviously the key to incredible energy storage technology— er…
... he could also apparently plug it into anything to recharge it, but that's another topic. A stupider one. :roll:
Not sure why that would be the sticking point here; after all, it would be a great advantage to have as universal a charger as possible given that one's life depends on it, surely?
And let me mention the guy in my avatar. Vash the Stampede.
Holy shit. How did I never get that? (Answer could be that I've only seen the anime stuff, none of the manga? Been awhile, can't remember if they showed him bared like that.)
Munchenhausen wrote:He has the same disability as Hanako!
Parents died horrifically before their very eyes as a child
Batako! This is the best idea ever.

Oh, one more for the list: Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass. Wheelchair and blind. She's Emillily!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

FelOnyx wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Ed counts, Al doesn't.
I'd say he counts, unless having no sense of taste, touch or smell isn't a disability
If you've ever had to clean out a nasty scuzzy basement that's got like mold and mildew and cobwebs and shit like that, that's an advantage, not a disability :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Some of my favorites:
Barbara Gordon, AKA Oracle, AKA my absolute favorite female in the DC Universe. Smart, redheaded, wears glasses, good with technology, and could beat your ass without getting off of hers. What's not to love?
Dr. Strangelove, from, well, Dr. Strangelove. "It should not be difficult, Mein Fuhrer... I mean Mr. President."
Destiny, from Marvel Comics. Blind, but could see into the future. Leading to a very funny moment when she left very specific instructions (location, time, direction to face, etc.) for Mystique to dispose of her ashes... which promptly blew right into Mystique's face.
Geordi La Forge, whom I'm honestly surprised no-one's mentioned yet.
Vitruvius, from The Lego Movie. (And Metalbeard too, really. "Really hard? Wipin' ye bum with a hook fer a hand is really hard!")
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

emmjay wrote:Barbara Gordon, AKA Oracle, AKA my absolute favorite female in the DC Universe. Smart, redheaded, wears glasses, good with technology, and could beat your ass without getting off of hers. What's not to love?
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. :shock:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

Thread necro, but I felt it appropriate.

Charlie Gordon, from Flowers for Algernon. Yes, that's mental & not physical disability, but it's an amazing book.

El Patrón, from The House of the Scorpion, is wheelchair-bound (albeit due to age) but is still a very interesting villain.

Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump - I'm shocked nobody's mentioned him! :P

From The Banner Saga, (game spoiler!) Iver, who loses his right arm midway through

All player characters in Rogue Legacy - the entire point is that all heroes have a nasty disability of some kind.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I recently started up playing Borderlands 2.
Gaige, the Mechromancer is missing her left arm (though she did that to herself.); Krieg, the Psycho is not physically disabled, he's got a pretty bad case of Dissociative identity disorder (his original personality isn't in control of his body) and he shows symptoms of schizophrenia (he often makes random alliterations for no reason. In psychology, alliteration without logical association is often indicative of clanging, a symptom of schizophrenia). Also a fan-theory is he's blind in his right eye as it's covered up via an eyepatch-thing in his mask in his default skin.
Also, the same series running the gamut from mentally to physically (Generic Psychos and bandits are excluded):
  • Patricia Tannis - a VERY SEVERE case of Asperger's Syndrome.
    Helena Pierce - Mechanical left arm, scarred left side of face and blind in that eye.
    Wilhelm - His left arm and both legs are mechanical prosthesis. By Borderlands 2 he's more machine than man.
    Tiny Tina - A severe case of PTSD
    Sir Hammerlock - A Thresher by the name of Old Slappy tore out Hammerlock's arm at the socket. The same thresher also got the leg on that side, and possibly even the other leg as well. Also, he's missing his right eye.
    Jimbo "Papa" Hodunk - He's missing his left leg and is normally confined to a wheelchair.
    Handsome Jack - He's wearing a mask to hide his disfigurement that also rendered him blind in one eye.
    Shade - Isolation-induced-insanity
    Captain Scarlett - Mechanical eye
.... Pandora is not kind for people's physical form, or their mind :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

So, Payday 2 just updated, bringing back a familiar and wonderfully British face.
Oh, and the face is now miraculously burnt.
Guess who popped into my mind as I watched it?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
d2r

Post by d2r »

Munchenhausen wrote:So, Payday 2 just updated, bringing back a familiar and wonderfully British face.
Oh, and the face is now miraculously burnt. Guess who popped into my mind as I watched it?
Iwanako? 8)
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

Steinherz wrote:clanging
Today I learned a useful term.
Wilhelm - His left arm and both legs are mechanical prosthesis. By Borderlands 2 he's more machine than man.
…twisted and evil. </Guinness>
Tiny Tina
For a sec there, I thought this was the name of the doll from that episode of The Twilight Zone, till I googled for it and discovered that one was Talky Tina.
.... Pandora is not kind for people's physical form, or their mind :lol:
Damn, I guess! (Also, they play too many ads! :lol:)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Not sure if we do Non-Human Disable but for me:

Bently from The Sly Cooper Series:

Crippled after having his legs crushed, he built himself a technological wheelchair. Just look at him, You can't tell me that's not a little awesome.

And he never blamed anyone for his disability, either. He felt a bit useless at first but he quickly worked it to his advantage. In fact, his friend, Murray blamed himself being unable to stop his best friend's from being handicapped, beating himself inside more then Bentley ever did.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Y'know, Team Fortress 2 has a few, starting with the Black Scottish Cyclops himself, the Demoman.
The Soldier is either mentally disabled or just really stupid (or both).
If you equip the right item, the Engineer has a prosthetic hand.
Not really a disability per se, but worth noting: Going by the events of Meet the Medic, all the characters have replacement hearts.
And of course, the Pyro does not look at the world the way anyone else does. (Makes Rin look normal, and that's saying something.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)