Notable non-KS disabled characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Notable non-KS disabled characters

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

The Laughing Man pretended he was disabled - does that count? :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:The Laughing Man pretended he was disabled - does that count? :P
I'd say no, because then Dennis and Mac pretending to be disabled to pick up chicks in Always Sunny would count too. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpecimenSix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:The Laughing Man pretended he was disabled - does that count? :P
I'd say no, because then Dennis and Mac pretending to be disabled to pick up chicks in Always Sunny would count too. :lol:
I'd say that's a pretty good argument if there ever was one :lol:

And I know that he wasn't disabled originally, but Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump I think was extremely well portrayed, and gave a good impression of someone recovering from an absolute low. Gary Sinise is a great actor.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:And I know that he wasn't disabled originally, but Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump I think was extremely well portrayed, and gave a good impression of someone recovering from an absolute low. Gary Sinise is a great actor.
My roommate and I were just talking about Forrest Gump earlier tonight, strange. :lol:

But being born disabled or not makes no difference. Hell, Emi and Hanako weren't born disabled. I'd guess based on the very little available data we have from Hisao's class 3-3 that around 1/4 of the students at Yamaku weren't born disabled. Then again there are special classes for deaf/HoH and blind students so the actual percentage is probably a bit lower. Suddenly this being born disabled vs getting disabled reminds me of the "cripple gang war" episode of South Park. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpecimenSix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:And I know that he wasn't disabled originally, but Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump I think was extremely well portrayed, and gave a good impression of someone recovering from an absolute low. Gary Sinise is a great actor.
My roommate and I were just talking about Forrest Gump earlier tonight, strange. :lol:

But being born disabled or not makes no difference. Hell, Emi and Hanako weren't born disabled. I'd guess based on the very little available data we have from Hisao's class 3-3 that around 1/4 of the students at Yamaku weren't born disabled. Then again there are special classes for deaf/HoH and blind students so the actual percentage is probably a bit lower. Suddenly this being born disabled vs getting disabled reminds me of the "cripple gang war" episode of South Park. :lol:
I only brought it up as I saw someone bring it up earlier. If anything, it can be harder psychologically for somebody who has been able-bodied previously in life, but as with anything, how it's dealt with is important in ANY case.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

poopooface wrote:
Steinherz wrote:I was joking about the pronunciation :lol:
I know the last name is a combination of Yggdrasil and Millennium. Forvedge is a bit off. Fiore is pronounced Fee-ore iirc
Yggsdril is from Skyrim- the furthest I can get into this conversation.
Because Skyrim totally invented Norse Mythology :lol:
Speaking of Skyrim:
There are a lot of people who are either blind or missing one eye and can still kick your ass.

Also, anyone remember San Andreas? Wu Zi Mu, aka "Woozie". a Triad boss who doesn't hesitate to go in guns blazing against gangs that try to muscle in on his turf and also loves to race cars. Also completely blind blind.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Steinherz wrote:Also, anyone remember San Andreas? Wu Zi Mu, aka "Woozie". a Triad boss who doesn't hesitate to go in guns blazing against gangs that try to muscle in on his turf and also loves to race cars. Also completely blind blind.
Oh my fuck, I remember him! and his surprise when he found out Carl was black XD

I vaguely remember having ideas featuring Akira and Woozie collaborating on behalf of the Yakuza :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Robocop, a.k.a police officer Alex Murphy, who got shot to little pieces and now relies on his cyborg armor for life support and badass powers.

Zatoichi the blind swordsman. Also, see Rutger Hauer's Blind Fury for a western take on the blind swordmaster-trope.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
I'd say that's a pretty good argument if there ever was one :lol:

And I know that he wasn't disabled originally, but Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump I think was extremely well portrayed, and gave a good impression of someone recovering from an absolute low. Gary Sinise is a great actor.
True that. Speaking of which, didn't Forrest himself have screwed up legs for quite some time as a kid?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

I still remember my first pair of shoes, momma said they would take me anywhere
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Shockproof Jamo wrote: Zatoichi the blind swordsman. Also, see Rutger Hauer's Blind Fury for a western take on the blind swordmaster-trope.
Also also, the Blind Master from GI Joe.
Numb

Post by Numb »

"Ehh ah know, want dat one" -Andy, from Little Britain.
For those who don't know.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Numb wrote:"Ehh ah know, want dat one" -Andy, from Little Britain.
For those who don't know.
Question is... Does he count? :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

The Governor is half-blind after a point. He's also a dangerous psychopath suffering some severe Jekyll/Hyde issues...Which might count as a mental disability in some case. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Dr. Arliss Loveless from Wild Wild West. You just don't forget that kind of a performance. :lol:
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.