Ni No Kuni Familiars/pokemon. [MAJOR SPOLIERS!]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RandomPerson

Ni No Kuni Familiars/pokemon. [MAJOR SPOLIERS!]

Post by RandomPerson »

So I've just finished Ni No Kuni which in my opinion a pokemon with better story with a kind of real time combat. And some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game, seriously I couldn't tell the difference visually between the gameplay and cutscenes.

But anyway yeah, it's like Pokemon but when you get your first familiar it comes from within you, like a embodiment of yourself that protects you from wild familiars. This got me thinking, if the KS characters had a familiar or a pokemon, what would that be and what would their powers/strengths be?? Here's my guess:

Lilly- I would guess either a fairy like familiar or Chansey that would focus on healing rather than actually doing a lot of damage.

Emi- for her all I can imagine is the speed form of Deoxys, but with prosthetics and pigtails. She'd be so fast that she'd go first even if the opponent used quick attack (achievement unlocked! Make the world geekiest joke)

Rin- I have no idea why but I just feel like rin would have drippy has a familiar, even though he's technically a fairy. They both have just random wacky moments like in the game where your inside his mother who is like a living nursery and come out of her ass on a slide...

Misha- jiggly puff, 'nuff said

Hanako- I want to say charzard just for the irony

Shizune- I'd say she'd have a familiar that had a ruler and had a move where she just stares at the other familiars and they only do what she says for a certain amount of time

hisao- a spunk monkey that only sees sex and doesn't care about much else, gets k.o'd if the other familiar is a woman and he hasn't had sex with it yet
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
RandomPerson

Re: Ni No Kuni Familiars/pokemon. [MAJOR SPOLIERS!]

Post by RandomPerson »

I would never be able to say bad words about this pic..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (17.21 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Wouldn't Rin have a Smeargle tho?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KrisIsLyra

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Hanako would have a Magmar, no questions asked
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So how many more people are going to do the lame Hanako with a fire pokemon joke?

Come on, speak up. Get it out of your system.
Not Dead Yet
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I always thought darkrei was a good representation of Hanako.
I don't know why.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I always thought Darkrai was a good representation of Hanako.
I don't know why.
Let's see, for one, the hair covering the left eye, also the Darkrai form the movie was rather reclusive, due to not wanting to hurt others with its power, in the same way Hanako wishes not to be a bother to anyone. But it was a loyal freind, and like Hanako, demonstrated a great ability to get absolutly pissed when the situation called for it.
Last edited by FelOnyx on Fri May 30, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Emi would be a Ponyta, very fast, and anyone who tries to get too close that she doesn't trust absolutely will get burned

Hisao would be an Eevee, with how he changes in the different routes

Jigoro would be Scyther, both having a disagreeable nature and blades
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Emi would be an Unown. I base this entirely on their movie status of basically existing for wish fulfillment and avoidance of reality.

Hanako would be a Togepi, because it's cute but it can also royally fuck you up if you make it angry. :lol:

Kenji...Kenji will be Psyduck. Because fuck Kenji.

Shizune...Well, I pretty much have to. Mr. Mime. Sorry, Shizune.

Iwanako would be Ho-Oh because we see her at the very beginning and then never again (excluding mentions).

All I got right now.

Alternative: Hisao would be a Slowpoke because he's a bit dim and, dependent on the player, can have a really slow response time. Each of the girls would be a Shellder because they all hide in a 'shell' which, when opened, leaves them vulnerable. And when the two (Hisao + girl) get together, they become something altogether better for it. BAM, METAPHORS! Or something!
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

FelOnyx wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:I always thought Darkrai was a good representation of Hanako.
I don't know why.
Let's see, for one, the hair covering the left eye, also the Darkrai form the movie was rather reclusive, due to not wanting to hurt others with its power, in the same way Hanako wishes not to be a bother to anyone. But it was a loyal freind, and like Hanako, demonstrated a great ability to get absolutly pissed when the situation called for it.
Ah I remember watching that movie a few years ago. I must have subconsciously made that connection.
That awkward moment when somebody knows your reasoning better than you do....

Darkrei = Hanako. That sounds pretty right.

I wonder who the most competitive Pokémon is?
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I wonder who the most competitive Pokémon is?
In the wild, probably this guy.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:So how many more people are going to do the lame Hanako with a fire pokemon joke?

I've always thought her and a squirtle would be cute, actually. Like, it's this little thing, but it makes her feel safe even around bigger fire types. That being said, no joke, a charmander/Hanako friendship would be really nice too.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Oddball wrote:So how many more people are going to do the lame Hanako with a fire pokemon joke?

Typhlosion, charzard, combisken, blaziken, Magmar, pry roar, braixan, pignite, monferno,infer nape, chimchar, tepig, slug a, Litleo, ponyta, moltres, numel, lit wick(technically ghost but oh well still works), lampeant, heatran and finally ho- oh.....

Ok, I think I'm done.

Seriously though that's a amazing idea for a fanfic, pokemon x katawa shoujo, please someone tell me that this is a thing

Mute

Post by Mute »

RandomPerson wrote:

Typhlosion, charzard, combisken, blaziken, Magmar, pry roar, braixan, pignite, monferno,infer nape, chimchar, tepig, slug a, Litleo, ponyta, moltres, numel, lit wick(technically ghost but oh well still works), lampeant, heatran and finally ho- oh.....

Ok, I think I'm done.

Seriously though that's a amazing idea for a fanfic, pokemon x katawa shoujo, please someone tell me that this is a thing
Do note: the post above is not a request.

That kind of fanfic wouldn't work. Kenji would have already found an Electrode and had it blow up the school long before Hisao even got there. Unless... Hisao and his Pokemon are the heroes that save the school from Kenji's wrath? I dunno, I'm not a writer.
You just lost the game.
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Mute wrote:
RandomPerson wrote:

Ok, I think I'm done.

Do note: the post above is not a request.

That kind of fanfic wouldn't work. Kenji would have already found an Electrode and had it blow up the school long before Hisao even got there. Unless... Hisao and his Pokemon are the heroes that save the school from Kenji's wrath? I dunno, I'm not a writer.
Yeah, I wasn't requesting just hoping it was already a thing. And now I'm just sat here giggling to myself like a twat imagining nurse as professor oak and instead of choicing a pokemon he already has one and he has to choose one of the girls instead :lol: