Katawa Und Panzer

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

poopooface

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by poopooface »

Oh please, do tell me of all the horribly mean and infuriating effects a video game has on the masses, Glenn Beck.[/quote]
Don't know what beef you two have going on, but Jesus Christ stop acting like a child and be civil. You constantly try to start shit with this guy.[/quote]

In all fairness, I doubt some made up tanks are killing anybody. If you're learning tank knowledge from video games and taking it at face value, then that's a problem in and of itself.

Come to think of it, Katawa Tanks would make an awesome game. I'd play that.[/quote]
I'm not necessarily agreeing with FA, in fact I agree that it isn't that big a deal but there's no reason for Potato to insult him about taking something personally.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

poopooface wrote:I'm not necessarily agreeing with FA, in fact I agree that it isn't that big a deal but there's no reason for Potato to insult him about taking something personally.
This is true.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Rerailing attempt inbound:

Hanako would probably not do too well in a tank due to the pressure, and god help her if she has to fight a flamethrower tank.

Shizune would be a dangerous liability as a gunner; if she can't receive orders from the commander, she might fire in bad situations or fire at a not-so-dangeroues tank when she doesn't notice that big-ass tank destroyer rolling in nearby.

Lilly... I can't think of any role Lilly can take that won't require some form of vision. Radio tech, possibly.

Emi as loader makes sense.

Rin... Rin might be alright as a commander, but I doubt she has the people skills to be able to command her crew.

So now we have to draw from secondary characters:

Jigoro needs to be the gunner. Why? BECAUSE HE'S JIGORO, THAT'S WHY.

Yuuko as driver would be an idea... If it wasn't for the fact that Yuuko shouldn't be allowed within a mile of a tank.

Kenji might work as the driver, though he might be a little too aggressive, and unhappy about working in a tank enclosed with females.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Rerailing attempt inbound:

Hanako would probably not do too well in a tank due to the pressure, and god help her if she has to fight a flamethrower tank.

Shizune would be a dangerous liability as a gunner; if she can't receive orders from the commander, she might fire in bad situations or fire at a not-so-dangerous tank when she doesn't notice that big-ass tank destroyer rolling in nearby.

Lilly... I can't think of any role Lilly can take that won't require some form of vision. Radio tech, possibly.

Emi as loader makes sense.

Rin... Rin might be alright as a commander, but I doubt she has the people skills to be able to command her crew.

So now we have to draw from secondary characters:

Jigoro needs to be the gunner. Why? BECAUSE HE'S JIGORO, THAT'S WHY.

Yuuko as driver would be an idea... If it wasn't for the fact that Yuuko shouldn't be allowed within a mile of a tank.

Kenji might work as the driver, though he might be a little too aggressive, and unhappy about working in a tank enclosed with females.
Damn a person who has only posted twice has a sig and a avatar. I need to get my act together. How humiliating :(

Back on topic (thanks for bringing it back ontopic BTW. I really didn't like the direction the conversation was taking.)
I was thinking that maybe we should just have them all be tank commanders and than have them all have some OC crew (that nobody will give a shit about).
Or well most of them.
BTW I think Hanako should be fine facing a flamethrower tank. Rather she would get pissed off at it and than release a flurry of shots at it. Flamethrower tanks aren't that effective against other tanks anyway so she should easily be able to kill it.
I think Shizune would make a good commander and Misha would make a good radio woman and translator. Rin can go command another tank.
I don't think Rin's commands would be too arbitrary. She seems to be able to command Hisao and Emi somewhat effectively.
Lilly could become a commander. She could leave all the viewing to the other crew members (Hanako or Akira) while listening for any noise. Being able to hear where a tank is can be much more effective especially when you are in a TD.

I really want Lilly to drive the Tas Rohamlovig. It's just the perfect representation of her (in a tank). It's extremely hard to see, hits hard and is extremely sexy.
ParagonTerminus

Ohoho, look at this sexy beast.

I HEREBY RESERVE THIS TANK FOR THE HANAKO MILITARY CORPS!

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I really want Lilly to drive the Tas Rohamlovig. It's just the perfect representation of her (in a tank). It's extremely hard to see, hits hard and is extremely sexy.
It would be.... but too bad Girls und Panzer/World of Tanks only uses tanks that are Vietnam War and earlier :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Forever_ambivalent

No that tank does not have sufficient protection for Hanako.
This is the tank for Hanako
It was made to withstand a nuclear blast. It is also impenetrable.
It looks like an amphibious tank (it isn't). It actually sorta looks like a duck :lol:
ParagonTerminus

Shaddap foo.

STEALTH TANK, MAN

WITH A TRIANGULAR BARREL

TELL ME THAT'S NOT BADASS

Forever_ambivalent

Steinherz wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:I really want Lilly to drive the Tas Rohamlovig. It's just the perfect representation of her (in a tank). It's extremely hard to see, hits hard and is extremely sexy.
It would be.... but too bad Girls und Panzer/World of Tanks only uses tanks that are Vietnam War and earlier :lol:
The design was produced during WW2. A prototype might have been produced but the factory in charge of making it was bombed so....
Well we know for a fact that at least 1 M44 Tas prototype was made. I don't think that fits the requirement though since not enough about the prototype is known unfortunately :(
Well a M43 Zrinyi is sexy and hard hitting enough. It's also pretty darn low profile (1.9 meters high!) so it's bound to have low visibility as well.

I was thinking a Panther ausf D would be pretty darn good for Shizune. A super sleek and sexy design coupled with a nice gun and nice armour makes it a tank that beats all others in competition. Perfect for Shizune. Just imagine her delight every time she obliterates a tank and bounces every shot coming towards her.
Damn Shizune in a Panther ausf D would be a sight to behold.
ParagonTerminus

Hanako in a PL-01, delivering unseen death from afar.

I feel warm and fuzzy just considering it.

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oh this show!

Yeah, WoT was fun.

Was.

Good game featuring a more down-to-earth realistic tanking would be WT/War Thunder, hand's down. GuP is always a fun watch and a good chance to geek-out once in awhile (as well as calling out impossible feats.)

Also, why Ausf D for Shizune when she can have a Panther Ausf. G? Hohoho~

Now, if Yamaku goes into tankery...(I'm going to hell for this).

Now I'm basing this on the concept of a 5-man crew PanzerIV-series

name: Shizune Hakamichi
position: commander
comments: the head of the student council, no doubt. What's best is when the commander can't hear or speak/command her crew due to her disability.

name: Lilly Satou
position: Gunner
comments: blind, no doubt. A gunner without the ability to see her target--even with good high-quality optics

name: Rin Tezuka
position: loader
comments: armless, but hey--those shells would be loaded into the chamber aaaaanytime soon.

name: Hanako Ikezawa
position: Radio Operator
comments: physical trauma, as well as problems to work in large group. Give her the radio, and make her relay and communicate to the entire panzer gruppe!

name: Emi Ibarazaki
position: Driver
comments: assuming she has to push on the pedal, I don't see any problem with it (since tanks featured mostly uses clutches as steering--bar the Tiger), except maybe her height...oh well, let her be the driver!

And with that, we have a fully 'crippled' tank! Now I shall hide *cower*

On a more serious note:
Lilly is definitely not applicable for the driver, gunner, commander, or loader position as her lack of vision would severely hampers all forms of actions--radio operator would be more likely.

As much as I can see Shizune as the commander, it would work IF AND ONLY IF Misha is there to relay all her information--which she isn't. A position that would be beneficial would be either driver, gunner, or loader with a few aid here and there.

After looking further, it may be safe to conclude that Shizune, Lilly, and Rin would not complete the 'checklist' to be applicable for sensha do. Emi and Hanako still can snuggle into a few position effectively.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Well, in the case of Rin, Shizune and Lilly, if worse comes to worse, you could bungle them into a command tank - such as a Panzerbefehlwagen III or Cromwell/Centaur Command - and still get the most use out of them.

On the downside, command tanks are usually armed with a machine gun inside of a "dummy" gun (in order to make room for the radio equipment) and you'll probably need someone to act as the tank regiment's commander, such as Hisao or Akira.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Potato

Post by Potato »

poopooface wrote:Don't know what beef you two have going on, but Jesus Christ stop acting like a child and be civil. You constantly try to start shit with this guy.
Oh, my mistake. I wasn't aware a bit of sarcasm was a high crime. Probably because it's not. :roll: And nothing in that post is even an insult so you can quit making shit up. :)

Megumeru wrote:name: Rin Tezuka
comments: armless, but hey--those shells would be loaded into the chamber aaaaanytime soon.
I don't think that would be wise at all. I'd give Misha that job. She's energetic enough to be put to work.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
I don't think that would be wise at all. I'd give Misha that job. She's energetic enough to be put to work.
I'd say let Rin give it a try.
I don't think it would do any... arm.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Potato wrote:
I'd say let Rin give it a try.
I don't think it would do any... arm.

Let Misha load, put Rin in with Shizune to critique her bad command choices in a deadpan voice. Let Kenji be the gunner. Lilly on radio because Hanako shouldn't be anywhere near a tank.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.