Katawa Und Panzer

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Megumeru » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 am

Steinherz wrote:How about something that's not German?
Those have a tendency to catch on fire and I doubt Hanako would enjoy that
Uh...how about a sherman? :lol:

Something that resounds from the homeland:
The Type-97 Shinhoto Chi-ha

...or we can put them in pairs and stuff them in two-man crew Type-97 Te-Ke. Student Council member (+Hisao) gets something a bit more fancy, Type-95 Ha-Go
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Steinherz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:32 am

Megumeru wrote:
Steinherz wrote:How about something that's not German?
Those have a tendency to catch on fire and I doubt Hanako would enjoy that
Uh...how about a sherman? :lol:

Something that resounds from the homeland:
The Type-97 Shinhoto Chi-ha

...or we can put them in pairs and stuff them in two-man crew Type-97 Te-Ke. Student Council member (+Hisao) gets something a bit more fancy, Type-95 Ha-Go
A Sherman is even worse when it comes to catching on fire :lol:
Japanese tanks are also fire hazards :lol:

How about a Black Prince? Or a KV-5
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
300BillionDegrees
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:53 am

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by 300BillionDegrees » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:49 am

They should be riding around in these puppies:
Image

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Megumeru » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:56 am

Steinherz wrote: A Sherman is even worse when it comes to catching on fire :lol:
Japanese tanks are also fire hazards :lol:
But-but...

They're small and cute! and fast! Not the shermans, they're fay and ugly
The two-man tankette is especially great for two to bond :lol:
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Steinherz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:04 am

Megumeru wrote:
Steinherz wrote: A Sherman is even worse when it comes to catching on fire :lol:
Japanese tanks are also fire hazards :lol:
But-but...

They're small and cute! and fast! Not the shermans, they're fay and ugly
The two-man tankette is especially great for two to bond :lol:
The KV5: Cure for Fascists everywhere, see here
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Megumeru » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Steinherz wrote: The KV5: Cure for Fascists everywhere, see here
D:

That's not cute at all!
...although 5-6 man crew so everyone can fit, as well as a 'safety' against all hazard means it's safe to have Lilly as the designated driver:lol:
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
Liminaut
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm
Location: Broca's Area

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Liminaut » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:29 am

Megumeru wrote:
Steinherz wrote:How about something that's not German?
Those have a tendency to catch on fire and I doubt Hanako would enjoy that
Uh...how about a sherman? :lol:
Shermans were good tanks with one slight design flaw: the ammo supply wasn't very well protected. If the tank gets hit, it usually catches on fire, but you don't have to worry about the fire for long: the exploding ammo takes care of the fire.

User avatar
Liminaut
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm
Location: Broca's Area

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Liminaut » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 am

How about Stuarts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Stuart

They have a squirrel gun for a main gun but they're fast as all get out. I used to play WW2 mini warfare, and we had a guy that was an expert at timing. He'd take his Stuarts, drive madly across the battlefield, then drive up *directly behind* king tigers and blow them up.

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Steinherz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Liminaut wrote:How about Stuarts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Stuart

They have a squirrel gun for a main gun but they're fast as all get out. I used to play WW2 mini warfare, and we had a guy that was an expert at timing. He'd take his Stuarts, drive madly across the battlefield, then drive up *directly behind* king tigers and blow them up.
.... aside from that fact that an M3 Stuart's gun can't penetrate a King Tiger's rear armour :lol:

But yeah. A Stuart would be good for them.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
demonix
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by demonix » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Steinherz wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
Steinherz wrote:How about something that's not German?
Those have a tendency to catch on fire and I doubt Hanako would enjoy that
Uh...how about a sherman? :lol:

Something that resounds from the homeland:
The Type-97 Shinhoto Chi-ha

...or we can put them in pairs and stuff them in two-man crew Type-97 Te-Ke. Student Council member (+Hisao) gets something a bit more fancy, Type-95 Ha-Go
A Sherman is even worse when it comes to catching on fire :lol:
Japanese tanks are also fire hazards :lol:

How about a Black Prince? Or a KV-5
The only reasons why the M4 would catch fire were either because of where the ammo racks were placed originally (that was changed later on) or because the Germans would continue to fire on them until they started burning so that it couldn't be recovered and repaired (the engine being the fire issue is only a rumour since only one engine that was made for it ran on gasoline).

This information came from episode 55 of mingles with Jingles.

Post Reply