Daddy? Why Doesn't Mommy Have Arms?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Daddy? Why Doesn't Mommy Have Arms?

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:Doesn't "giving a _____-job" imply one is imparting sexual pleasure to another with one's _____(s)? So… Hisao giving a nub-job… hmm… :?
Makes one wonder what you think an odd-job labourer is. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Potato wrote: Solution for Rin is to just raise a stoner. Or yeah, pawn off a lot of the responsibility on either a sitter (Emi) or Hisao. He'd be better off with Lilly in that case. :lol:
Rin doesn't need pot. She gets high on art.
Nicely put. I think she'd have more sense than people give her credit for with her own child.

I must ask though, anybody else here feel like the depiction of Rin and Hisao smoking together was really trippy, even though they weren't doing anything that would actually get them high?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote: I must ask though, anybody else here feel like the depiction of Rin and Hisao smoking together was really trippy, even though they weren't doing anything that would actually get them high?
It was a The Doors Vinyl and gigglefit away from being your average stoner's Saturday
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Really? I read it as more of a gritty serious-artist deal. Overwrought and troubled and depressing.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:Overwrought and troubled and depressing.
It was definitely that too, but something about the way the swirling smoke was described struck me as "groovy".
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:Overwrought and troubled and depressing.
It was definitely that too, but something about the way the swirling smoke was described struck me as "groovy".
Honestly, when I first came to that scene, I was half-expecting some Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas shit to start happening. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Atario wrote:Doesn't "giving a _____-job" imply one is imparting sexual pleasure to another with one's _____(s)? So… Hisao giving a nub-job… hmm… :?
If you can think of an easier way to describe Hisao sucking Rin's nubs, I'm all for it. Until then, nub-job.

After all a blow-job doesn't mean you give pleasure with your blow. Unless give the person your blowing some cocaine first.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
If you can think of an easier way to describe Hisao sucking Rin's nubs, I'm all for it. Until then, nub-job.

After all a blow-job doesn't mean you give pleasure with your blow. Unless give the person your blowing some cocaine first.
I propose slurping the stump, or slurmpting for short. As in, dude, you hear about Rin? She totally got slurmpt by the new kid.

Now get back on topic before this ends in bloodshed.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:I propose slurping the stump, or slurmpting for short. As in, dude, you hear about Rin? She totally got slurmpt by the new kid.
I second the motion.

Take care not to confuse it with the popular soft drink, Slurm®.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I propose slurping the stump, or slurmpting for short. As in, dude, you hear about Rin? She totally got slurmpt by the new kid.
I second the motion.

Take care not to confuse it with the popular soft drink, Slurm®.
Or, "Ye ken tha wee lassie Reen wi'oot arms? She wa' all slurmpit b' the eejit Nakai."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

There are so many "messing-with-your-kid" answers that could be given to the title question.
"Oh, she has arms. They're just not attached to her right now."
"I ate them. With some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
"Only the pure of heart can actually see your mother's arms."
On a more actually-contributing-to-the-discussion note, it occurs to me that Shizune would both be advantaged and disadvantaged when it came to raising kids. Advantaged, because she wouldn't be driven crazy by all the noise kid's toys make these days. Disadvantaged, because she wouldn't be able to hear when they were up to something. (Whether in a "what was that noise?" sense or a "He's quiet. What is he up to?" sense.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

emmjay wrote: On a more actually-contributing-to-the-discussion note, it occurs to me that Shizune would both be advantaged and disadvantaged when it came to raising kids. Advantaged, because she wouldn't be driven crazy by all the noise kid's toys make these days. Disadvantaged, because she wouldn't be able to hear when they were up to something. (Whether in a "what was that noise?" sense or a "He's quiet. What is he up to?" sense.)
http://www.redeafined.com/2012/08/growi ... f-and.html
brythain

Post by brythain »

metalangel wrote:
emmjay wrote: On a more actually-contributing-to-the-discussion note, it occurs to me that Shizune would both be advantaged and disadvantaged when it came to raising kids. Advantaged, because she wouldn't be driven crazy by all the noise kid's toys make these days. Disadvantaged, because she wouldn't be able to hear when they were up to something. (Whether in a "what was that noise?" sense or a "He's quiet. What is he up to?" sense.)
http://www.redeafined.com/2012/08/growi ... f-and.html
That's a great article about growing up in a Deaf (sic) family!
(I normally add a little stub or something to let people know what a link is so that they know what they're clicking on…)
Potato

Post by Potato »

emmjay wrote:Disadvantaged, because she wouldn't be able to hear when they were up to something. (Whether in a "what was that noise?" sense or a "He's quiet. What is he up to?" sense.)
Solution: Cameras. Lots of them.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

I can imagine the most heartwarming, adorable scene coming from this question. Just think about it: Hisao and their kid are playing, when their son/daughter asks him why mom doesn't have arms. I'm not sure it was ever brought up in KS (the reason, that is. They really just accept it) and Hisao replies, "Ya know, I never really thought about that. She just doesn't. I never saw it as that strange, to be honest."

Huh. Wait. What if Rin's attitude and behavior are a coping mechanism? Get people to think SHE'S weird so they don't think her stub-arms are weird? Has this been brought up before? I wonder..
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"