Daddy? Why Doesn't Mommy Have Arms?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Daddy? Why Doesn't Mommy Have Arms?

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
I dont believe Rin is autistic, but she definetly has a large case of Alexthymia (Emotional Blindness) Which is a little misleading in itself, Since its more the inability to recognise and exhibit ones emotions within themselves and others, but they still "Feel".

Rin would make a fine mother, she wouldnt see her kid as a "Curiosity" She would love them like any mother would, and with Hisao's help in caring for the child, they would be a fine couple.

Throughout her route, she does "Care" about the things that happen, but she dosent know how to show it other than her paintings, which is what the entire damn act 3 is centered around. If you then continue on, past her bad ending (Which is where hisao dosent understand this) you realise Rin really does care about everything, but she dosent know how to show it. And as such, (In my opinion) Hisao starts to help her express herself throughout their relationship.

Rin would be as good a mother as any of the girls. Probably a better one than Hanako, who i personally believe would be way to worried about her kid not accepting her (However i also think that if the kid was with hisao, she wouldve become a much stronger person by then, but im ignoring that for now) to be an effective mother.

Sorry man, but you really hit a nerve on me there.
it's ok, it's just my point of view, and also being able to care but not being able to show it, for most people means you dont care...what's the point in caring if others can't even see that (you're the only one who knows that and despite that being good, it doesnt help in social life does it?)
Most people dont matter in this situation, Only Rin herself and her significant other (Hisao) matter, and Im pretty sure her partner will understand the way she works if they've got to the point of having a child. And its not the she dosent show it, she just finds it difficult.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Most people dont matter in this situation, Only Rin herself and her significant other (Hisao) matter, and Im pretty sure her partner will understand the way she works if they've got to the point of having a child. And its not the she dosent show it, she just finds it difficult.
well there are kids who say their parents don't care about them even tho they do, what do you think rins and hisaos kid will think when rin doesnt even know how to show she cares? unless hisao keeps saying that she does care but doesnt know how to show it (as if that works when you're a kid)
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
well there are kids who say their parents don't care about them even tho they do, what do you think rins and hisaos kid will think when rin doesnt even know how to show she cares? unless hisao keeps saying that she does care but doesnt know how to show it (as if that works when you're a kid)
Well considering the child will have an attachment to his mother from moment of birth due to instinct, the kid will quickly understand how Rin shows her care through basic osmosis of the situation, the kid himself will have no knowledge that his mother is any differnt to a normal mother, and will feel the same attachment as any child. Not until the kid is old enough to find out the real differences (Probably around 11-12) but as this point, Hisao could effectively explain the situation.

Thats even if Rin dosent change around the two people she loves the most, which I think will happen.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Well considering the child will have an attachment to his mother from moment of birth due to instinct, the kid will quickly understand how Rin shows her care through basic osmosis of the situation, the kid himself will have no knowledge that his mother is any differnt to a normal mother, and will feel the same attachment as any child. Not until the kid is old enough to find out the real differences (Probably around 11-12) but as this point, Hisao could effectively explain the situation.

Thats even if Rin dosent change around the two people she loves the most, which I think will happen.
that's a fair point i guess, tho i can't help but to think that if a kid is raised with the impression that their mom doesnt care, the child will believe that, also you say that kids will understand how their mothers (in this case rin) shows their care trough basic osmosis of the situation, but its not like rin will be like any other mother's you've seen or met which probably show their love and care(or know how to do it), the kid might lack that osmosis situation or sth like that? (anyway im not a mother so idk how these things work, i just try to analyse them from what i've seen so far)
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

btw..we are still friends, right? :(
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote: that's a fair point i guess, tho i can't help but to think that if a kid is raised with the impression that their mom doesnt care, the child will believe that, also you say that kids will understand how their mothers (in this case rin) shows their care trough basic osmosis of the situation, but its not like rin will be like any other mother's you've seen or met which probably show their love and care(or know how to do it), the kid might lack that osmosis situation or sth like that? (anyway im not a mother so idk how these things work, i just try to analyse them from what i've seen so far)

Osmosis means the kid will pick up how his/her own mother works because the only way they can survive is through them, Its not like the child can look after themselves after all. So aslong as Rin dosent do anything that would cause a more "Deep rooted" instinct, such as physical pain, the child will love her like any kid would.

Of course when the child becomes more aware of their own surroundings like I said, and they see how other mothers act, problems might accour.
Kibaro wrote:Btw, we are still friends right? :(
Yeah of course, I just like debating bestgirls.

Cos Rin is definetly it.
Last edited by CoffeeDrive on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:

Osmosis means the kid will pick up how his/her own mother works because the only way they can survive is through them, Its not like the child can look after themselves after all. So aslong as Rin dosent do anything that would cause a more "Deep rooted" instinct, such as physical pain, the child will love her like any kid would.

Of course when the child becomes more aware of their own surroundings like I said, and they see how other mothers act, problems might accour.

Yeah of course, I just like debating bestgirls.

Cos Rin is definetly it.
welll i just don't want people to think i'm a bad person because they feel i insulted rin:(
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:being able to care but not being able to show it, for most people means you dont care...what's the point in caring if others can't even see that (you're the only one who knows that and despite that being good, it doesnt help in social life does it?)
All of those people are wrong. And really, "What's the point of something if nobody sees it?!" Fucking really?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Potato wrote: All of those people are wrong. And really, "What's the point of something if nobody sees it?!" Fucking really?
that doesn't apply to everything...but if i care about you but i dont know how to show you nor be able to tell it (in rins care)...do you know that i care about you? NO, problem solved
Numb

Post by Numb »

Potato wrote:All of those people are wrong. And really, "What's the point of something if nobody sees it?!" Fucking really?
This. I have at least six unpublished works that I keep to myself because they aren't something for others to see. Are they pointless? No, because I developed my ability by writing them. These came from my thoughts. Nobody can see thoughts, and they are far from pointless.

I actually got a new idea for something after reading that debate too, something Rin-ny that I think people would like... I'll get back to y'all on that one :lol:
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:
Kibaro wrote:being able to care but not being able to show it, for most people means you dont care...what's the point in caring if others can't even see that (you're the only one who knows that and despite that being good, it doesnt help in social life does it?)
All of those people are wrong. And really, "What's the point of something if nobody sees it?!" Fucking really?
that doesn't apply to everything...but if i care about you but i dont know how to show you nor be able to tell it (in rins care)...do you know that i care about you? NO, problem solved
Ehhh, You see, Rin can and does show she cares, just in a differnt way, I mean her entire route is basically about finding this way out, and once Hisao does, everything changes.
Numb wrote:
I actually got a new idea for something after reading that debate too, something Rin-ny that I think people would like... I'll get back to y'all on that one :lol:
Indeed, it makes me want to go write my 3rd Epilogue chapter. I might go do that, actually.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Numb wrote: This. I have at least six unpublished works that I keep to myself because they aren't something for others to see. Are they pointless? No, because I developed my ability by writing them. These came from my thoughts. Nobody can see thoughts, and they are far from pointless.

well you intentionally don't want people to see them, also this is a bit different than when it comes to caring about someone and not being able to show them that
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:
If someone cares about me but doesn't show it, do I know they care? Maybe. Just because they don't show it off doesn't mean I won't pick up on it. That's kind of a case-by-case thing. (Rin does show she cares, for the record.)

Even if the answer is no, so what? It's still not pointless as you suggest. Let's say I donate a massive sum of cash to a homeless shelter. Nobody ever knows I did this. Is it pointless? No. I still get the satisfaction of having done it. Whether people realize you care or not, you get the satisfaction of caring. Unless you can only be satisfied by others knowing you care, in which case you're kind of an awful person whose only apparent motivation is having people point at you and go "Gee, he sure cares a lot, how great is he!"

I have no idea at all what problem you're referring to here. What problem was solved?

And don't ask questions you're just going to answer yourself. :P
Last edited by Potato on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Potato wrote:
Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:
If someone cares about me but doesn't show it, do I know they care?

Maybe. Just because they don't show it off doesn't mean I won't pick up on it. That's kind of a case-by-case thing.

Even if the answer is no, so what? It's still not pointless as you suggest.

I have no idea at all what problem you're referring to here. What problem was solved?

And don't ask questions you're just going to answer yourself.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
sorry, still haven't convinced me but whatever..i'll just let it go, cause i've had enough, i'm probably seen like a douchebag now anyway, don't want to make it worse...