Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

someguy1294

Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

Post by someguy1294 »

This just now occurred to me, but if half of Hanako's body was burned and remains scarred to this day, there is no way the fire did not burn off her hair and scar her scalp. Human hair is very flamable, and the burns scars run all the way up her face. With that kind of proximity there is no way her hair would not combust. The fire must have seared her scalp and destroyed her follicles. Hanako is bald, and has been wearing a wig this entire time.

MINDS BLOWN.

This also explains why Hanako's hair is purple. The real question is why she always wears the same wig. Maybe to keep up the illusion that she is not, in fact, bald? Maybe after her Good End, as she becomes confident and comfortable with herself she'll try on a variety of wigs each week. Rainbow Afro Hanako, anyone?
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Comrade

Re: Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

Post by Comrade »

Could have been second degree burns, you know. I've heard those do scar the skin, yet don't damage hair growth.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Interesting. I wouldn't call it a canonical "must" but I like the idea.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If you can accept that part of her face was burnt and part was not, I don't see why you can't accept that her hair was part of that "not burnt" category.

And even if her hair was burnt, that doesn't mean there would necessarily have been any major damage to her scalp and hair follicles.

AND even if there WAS permanent damage to her hair, it doesn't mean she's be completely bald. It's possibly that she just might have hair missing in spots, where it would easily be brushed over. EVEN if you wanted to say her hair loss is permanent and completely consistent with the scars we seen on her face she would have lost maybe a third of her hair at the most. ... but that's a lot of ifs. I see no reason to think Hanako is bald at all.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

There were burns on one half of her body; it wasn't that half of her body was burnt. Different. You hair can burn off (yes, I've experienced this in a lab setting) but leave the skin relatively unhurt. Follicles are deep. If you can't grow hair back, you've received extremely severe burns and should probably be dead if it's across 50% of your body.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I have a feeling Hanako was partially bald for a while after being burned (which would also make the bullying more likely >.>), but as other have previously stated it's doubtful that she's bald.
brythain wrote:If you can't grow hair back, you've received extremely severe burns and should probably be dead if it's across 50% of your body.
This too
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I'll note that the scars likely don't extend very far up her face, and likely the burns weren't particularly bad high up, given that her eye wasn't damaged. Her hair might be thinner or patchy in spots, but she seems to cover it up well.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Hanako is not wearing a wig.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Suriko wrote:Hanako is not wearing a wig.
Well... that settled that one then.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Well... that settled that one then.
I interpret this as not only meaning that she is wearing a wig, she's also a lesbian and so is Akira, and also Hisao is secretly Charles Barkley. I say this because there is clear evidence for doing so. Like... just look at that sentence man. It's right there, all of it.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

SpunkySix wrote:I interpret this as not only meaning that she is wearing a wig, she's also a lesbian and so is Akira, and also Hisao is secretly Charles Barkley. I say this because there is clear evidence for doing so. Like... just look at that sentence man. It's right there, all of it.

How odd, I read your post and all I can get out of it "I want to be bitchslapped hard". (#^_____^ )

frgrmblr damkids
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Silentcook wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I interpret this as not only meaning that she is wearing a wig, she's also a lesbian and so is Akira, and also Hisao is secretly Charles Barkley. I say this because there is clear evidence for doing so. Like... just look at that sentence man. It's right there, all of it.

How odd, I read your post and all I can get out of it "I want to be bitchslapped hard". (#^_____^ )

frgrmblr damkids
To be fair, I was taking a jab at my own dumb topic. That being said, that sentence is rage-inducingly stupid.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

*writes fanfic in which Hisao forcibly shaves Hanako's hair*

Fixed.

Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Atario

Post by Atario »

someguy1294 wrote:

Fixed.
*Writes fanfic in which Hisao sensually shaves Hanako's… hair*

Extra fixed.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Atario wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:

Fixed.
*Writes fanfic in which Hisao sensually shaves Hanako's… hair*

Extra fixed.
*writes fanfic in which Hanako replaces her pubic hair with a miniature rainbow afro wig*

...Not sure this counts as fixed. Broken?